ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Performing" She Smiled Sweetly
The Eamonn Andrews TV Show, London 5th February 1967
© 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: todays header - forshadowing? Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 30th, 2004 01:14 PM
Saint Sway OK. So this pic was taken from a photo session to promote the Altamont free concert. And to the best of my knowledge this the only pic I've ever seen of the Stones with a motorcyle in it.

Eerie coincidence?

and then, off to the side is a naked women. Odd, no?

and Mick looks so depressed

strange forshadowing?

think about it...
[Edited by Saint Sway]
November 30th, 2004 01:39 PM
seclusion Cool Harley! and a chopper at that. My favorite! I guess it had already been determined that the Hells Angels were going to cover the Stones for the concert? Did any of the boys even ride? I've seen Mick on a bike, but it wasn't a Harley.
November 30th, 2004 01:50 PM
nankerphelge I've seen Mick on a scooter with Bianca looking sufficiently pissed off!

November 30th, 2004 02:04 PM
caro ...and that oh-so-cool Tarlé photo of Mick riding his motorcycle in Nellcote!

Dunno about the forshadowing thing... Al I can see in this pic is that it's one of the dumbest promo shots the Stones ever did. IMHO, of course.
November 30th, 2004 02:12 PM
mac_daddy i have seen a wider angle shot of this same shot, or maybe just another from the same shoot. i seem to remember seeing b00bs, but i could be mistaken...
November 30th, 2004 02:19 PM
caro No you're right, I remember seeing a pic where the girl's body is not cut by the frame. In the version I've seen, Mick looks at her (or right through her, actually).
November 30th, 2004 02:29 PM
Tom The full photo is in the "show us your tits" thread below
November 30th, 2004 02:33 PM
mac_daddy i knew i remembered seeing bill in the photo...

what book is that in..?
November 30th, 2004 02:40 PM
jb I tend to agree..we are very close to the end....there shall be no tour and maybe we get an album....
November 30th, 2004 02:57 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
i knew i remembered seeing bill in the photo...

what book is that in..?

I seem to recall seeing it in "Dear Mr Fantasy". But its not listed as an Ethan Russell photo. So that cant be it.

maybe the photo book that had a lot of pics of the Stones with Gram at Joshua Tree - forget the name - it had a forward by Terry Southern and passages by Keith and Anita
November 30th, 2004 02:57 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
I tend to agree..we are very close to the end....

Well...that all depends on what one means by "the end". The Stones have built up enough inertia to carry them into eternity. I doubt they'll ever be topped as a rock n roll act.
November 30th, 2004 03:05 PM
jb But we will never hear another great album or concert performance from them..creatively, they are as dead as Ted Williams frozen head.
November 30th, 2004 03:13 PM
moy
November 30th, 2004 03:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Well I can't agree with you on that JB. I mean you might be right but IMO opinion noone actually controls "creativity" it just happens....of course certain pieces have to be in place but the "Great Albums" almost happen by accident....or at least it seems that way to me.
November 30th, 2004 03:29 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
But we will never hear another great album or concert performance from them..creatively, they are as dead as Ted Williams frozen head.

You make Joey laugh ................out LOUD !

November 30th, 2004 04:27 PM
beer

same bike?
November 30th, 2004 04:30 PM
gypsy There's also a pic of Keith on a motorcycle in Tony Sanchez's book. He's stopped...and he is standing up with both arms in the air.
November 30th, 2004 04:34 PM
stonedinaustralia gypsy - you beat me to that post by seconds - it's a trail/dirt bike he used to ride aroubnd the grounds of Redlands - right??
November 30th, 2004 06:32 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
OK. So this pic was taken from a photo session to promote the Altamont free concert. And to the best of my knowledge this the only pic I've ever seen of the Stones with a motorcyle in it.

Eerie coincidence?

and then, off to the side is a naked women. Odd, no?

and Mick looks so depressed

strange forshadowing?

think about it...
[Edited by Saint Sway]

i have no clue what its foreshadowing? but i think this is probably the oddest pic of the stones. they all look so depressed, by a pool, motorcycle and a naked chicks sittin in front of them and not one of them is staring at her. who is she by the way? strange, strange pic
[Edited by iluvmickjagger07]
November 30th, 2004 06:35 PM
KeithRichardsgrl Keith looks good on that Motorcycle.
November 30th, 2004 06:39 PM
Gazza wasnt that pic taken at Stephen Stills' house in Laurel Canyon?

The Stones used it to rehearse for the '69 tour...
November 30th, 2004 06:42 PM
gypsy
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
gypsy - you beat me to that post by seconds - it's a trail/dirt bike he used to ride aroubnd the grounds of Redlands - right??

I was surprised nobody else had posted it, SIA. Yeah...it's that dirt bike from Redlands. After reading about how Keith drove his cars, I'm glad he never got interested in motorcycles!
November 30th, 2004 06:55 PM
stones-addict
quote:
caro wrote:
Al I can see in this pic is that it's one of the dumbest promo shots the Stones ever did.

I concur
November 30th, 2004 07:09 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:
wasnt that pic taken at Stephen Stills' house in Laurel Canyon?

The Stones used it to rehearse for the '69 tour...

Yeah Gazza your right. Stephen Stills did own that house it's the one on Oriole Drive that Stanly Booth talks about so much in "True Advetures". I personally think it's a pretty cool promo shot given the time and era that it was taken.

Riffhard

November 30th, 2004 07:57 PM
gypsy
quote:
caro wrote:
Dunno about the forshadowing thing... Al I can see in this pic is that it's one of the dumbest promo shots the Stones ever did. IMHO, of course.

Whatever. It's genius! Five guys looking nonchalant in front of a naked chick. It takes talent to create that...then throw in a motorcycle to make the guys appear rebellious.
November 30th, 2004 08:07 PM
telecaster Speaking of foreshadowing, Stills house looks just like the house the Manson nutcases killed all those people in the Sharon Tate/LaBianco murders of 1969

This photo had to be taken within a month or two of that
right down the road

Helter Skelter
November 30th, 2004 08:22 PM
Bloozehound I like the cropped version of the photo in the header, it looks cool, especially Keith on the bike.

For some reason that bike reminds me of an Evel Knievel stunt cycle toy I used to have

A Keef Knievel one woulda been killer

[Edited by Bloozehound]
November 30th, 2004 08:33 PM
caro
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Whatever. It's genius! Five guys looking nonchalant in front of a naked chick. It takes talent to create that...then throw in a motorcycle to make the guys appear rebellious.

Contradict me once again and I'll start a RO chick clique schism!!

Actually, I can't even say why I dislike the photo. Maybe it's the motorcycle/rebellious thing indeed. Or maybe it's the fact that Charlie and Mick T. obviously don't know what to do with the whole situation. And I dislike the fact that the girl is just sitting there doing nothing. I mean, she's got 5 Stones and a motorcycle in front of her! The possibilities are endless. Jump on top of Mick! Make Bill fall from his chair! Steal the bike!
November 30th, 2004 08:49 PM
seclusion Saint Sway, the book with Terry Southern, Keith and Anita's commentary is in "The Early Stones" and the photo isn't. I swear I've seen another take of the same photo. hmmm... I love Keith's long leather coat, the sunglasses and his general ambiance but, I don't think he's used to having a Harley between his legs.
November 30th, 2004 09:27 PM
gypsy
quote:
caro wrote:

Contradict me once again and I'll start a RO chick clique schism!!

Actually, I can't even say why I dislike the photo. Maybe it's the motorcycle/rebellious thing indeed. Or maybe it's the fact that Charlie and Mick T. obviously don't know what to do with the whole situation. And I dislike the fact that the girl is just sitting there doing nothing. I mean, she's got 5 Stones and a motorcycle in front of her! The possibilities are endless. Jump on top of Mick! Make Bill fall from his chair! Steal the bike!

SASSY!
They should have put clothes on the chick, and had the Stones naked, huddled in a corner, and the chick on the motorcycle about to run them over.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood