ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
You rule Chief!!
KeyArena, Seattle, Washington - October 30, 2005
© 2005 Chief Moon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan in London (..and Dublin!) Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 28th, 2005 10:55 AM
Gazza and two wonderful nights in Dublin to end the year on a high...

Saturday 26th November

1. Maggie's Farm
2. Tell Me That It Isn't True (Bob on harp - center stage)
3. Watching The River Flow (Bob on harp)
4. Lay, Lady, Lay
5. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
6. I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine (Bob on harp)
7. Cold Irons Bound
8. Shelter From The Storm
9. Floater (Too Much To Ask) (Donnie on violin, Bob on harp)
10. Highway 61 Revisited
11. Ballad Of Hollis Brown (acoustic) (Donnie on banjo)
12. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
13. The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll (acoustic)
(Donnie on electric mandolin, Bob on harp)
14. Summer Days

(1st encore)
15. Like A Rolling Stone
16. All Along The Watchtower

(2nd encore)
17. Forever Young

Sunday 27th November

1. Drifter's Escape
2. Señor (Tales Of Yankee Power)
3. God Knows
4. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
5. Love Minus Zero/No Limit
6. Cry A While
7. Boots Of Spanish Leather
8. High Water (For Charley Patton)
9. Every Grain Of Sand
10. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
11. New Morning
12. 'Til I Fell In Love With You
13. Visions Of Johanna
14. Highway 61 Revisited

(encore)
15. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
16. All Along The Watchtower

Just look at the diversity of those setlists. Not until song #14 on the 2nd night did he repeat a single song from the night before. 31 different songs over two nights.

I think I saw 13 songs that I hadnt heard at the 2 shows I'd seen in London. He even did a few songs that hadnt been played at any of the 5 London shows ("I Dreamed I Saw St Augustine" ? WTF?)

I saw four concerts this week and saw over 40 songs. Amazing. And all that for a show with a ticket price one-EIGHTH of what the Stones are charging for their top priced tickets at the minute

A personal highlight of the last two nights was the fact that on the first show, Dylan played what was his longest show of the year (2 hours exactly) and for the only time this year returned for a second encore. With George Best's death getting blanket coverage across Britain and Ireland that weekend, he cant have been unaware of that and both the uniqueness of a second encore on the first show after the news broke, the fact that he was in Ireland and that he performed "Forever young" (which doesnt get played very often these days) is more than a mere coincidence.

A friend of mine always insists that one of the things that makes Dylan so great is that "he has a song for every day of your life". In what has been (and still is) a sad few days, Bob certainly lived up to that description with what was an inspired choice of song and put a smile on many faces with two fantastic shows to bring to an end another year of touring. On the final night, I also finally got "Love minus zero" after 30 shows of waiting for it. "High water" was another highlight.

One thing that strikes me about these shows is the age of the audience. Theres no doubt that Dylan can still attract people to his shows who are barely old enough to be out of school. His overall audience isnt necessarily getting older, unlike the Stones, whose prices are marginalising a lot of their younger fans from going. Lots of young people at these shows, many of whom were really getting into it too.
November 28th, 2005 12:41 PM
wisertime Thanks Gazza for the reviews !!

And you're right, a lot of young fans in Dylan shows (and I am one) and that's a good sign. I wish I could have attended more than 2 shows but it was very difficult to come back to real life after that. Dylan shows are the best I've seen.
Saw Dylan and Springsteen twice this year, the best shows I've seen in 2005, I hope to see them back soon !!!
Now we have a lot of great recordings to hear for the winter !!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)