ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
You rule Chief!!
KeyArena, Seattle, Washington - October 30, 2005
© 2005 Chief Moon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Most Underrated Stones Album Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 22nd, 2005 08:02 PM
texile peppers! i agree with everything you just said!
people diminish those "disco" sounds as trendy or gimmicky....but they are as dirty and as authentic as any stones' blues or funk vibe.
and laugh is a weak attempt at soul.......at best.
at worst - jagger has used these metaphors too many times before .....leftovers from that little notebook he carried around from the godess dvd, i guess.....WINCE!
November 22nd, 2005 09:06 PM
tumbling dice Between the buttons
November 23rd, 2005 12:19 PM
IzzyStradlin Black and Blus is OVERRated.

The most underrated goes to It's Only Rock-n-Roll - EASILY.
November 23rd, 2005 07:52 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
FrankiePeppers wrote:
Emotional Rescue. It has some of the best disco beats that era ever produced. And since the Stones did it, it shows their talent is able to cross genres and still produce something good.

There are 8 - 9 good tracks on ABB and Laugh is not one of them, sorry Perks!

GO BACK TO LURKING..YOU'RE JUST PISSED OFF ABOUT THE SWEET NEO CON SONG..AN INSPIRED ACT OF GOD SHOULD HAPPEN...
November 23rd, 2005 11:42 PM
FrankiePeppers The only thing to be pissed off about is how juvenile the lyrics are. A kid in a high school garage band could have written that drek. If Mick's been thinking about those issues for 3 years, he could have at least come up with something more sophisticated. "bombers in my bedroom, giving me the shits"? give me a break, and how about all the gasoline the band uses for buses,trucks and planes to cart all their crap around. What would they do without oil?

I'll stop there. I am not getting into political discussions, it only leads to problems.
November 25th, 2005 01:12 AM
keefjunkie Their Santanic Majesties Request!!
I love it
November 25th, 2005 04:22 AM
Honky Tonk Man This is a tough one. I'd certainly go along with what sirmoonie posted about Exile On Main St been under appreciated by the public, but amongst us here and music journalists, it's cited as the best, so I won't be plugging for that one.

Overall, I do feel that the Stones albums panned by us here are deservedly so, but the record I'm going to cite as the most underrated is STEEL WHEELS. It's a vast improvement on Dirty Work, there are some really fine tunes and Keith and Ronnie are on fire throughout. It also coincided with the beginning of the Stones modern day live shows. The Steel Wheels tour was awesome and remains so when looking back.
November 25th, 2005 05:59 AM
speedfreakjive For me, its Some Girls, this should replace Beggars Banquet in "the big four". Its surely overall better than BB?
November 25th, 2005 10:10 AM
airwaysflow For my two cents, I believe everything from "Undercover" on is a bit underrated, with the exception of "Voodoo Lounge", which is a bit overrated, IMHO...This isn't to say the output during this time period comes anywhere near what was produced from '68-'72, just that there is plenty of good material to be found...Just a few examples, "She was Hot", "One Hit to the Body", "Had it with You", "Break the Spell", "Saint of Me"....
November 25th, 2005 11:30 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
For me, its Some Girls, this should replace Beggars Banquet in "the big four". Its surely overall better than BB?

preposterous

all that speeds turned your brain to jelly
November 25th, 2005 11:41 PM
Highwire Rob What about STRIPPED? Maybe not for Stones fans here, but I come across people who say they are fans while clueless about this live covers album (save for maybe the LARS cover/video). My favorite live album. (Thank you Bob...)
November 26th, 2005 05:19 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

preposterous

all that speeds turned your brain to jelly

LOL! I'm just not a fan of the folkier songs on BB, but Stray Cat, Salt Of The Earth & No Expectations rule. I find Some Girls a more complete and satisfying listen.
November 26th, 2005 07:43 AM
Jumping Jack Underrated:
GHS
IORR

Overrated:
B&B
TTY

November 26th, 2005 11:15 AM
J.J.Flash I could name a bunch of them, but the very first that always came to my mind is VOODOO LOUNGE - A terrific HARD ROCK work. Followed closely by EMOTIONAL RESCUE, which has some mean, nasty, raw guitars by Keith and Ronald

The list goes endless:

Their Satanic Majesties Request
IORR
GHS
Undercover...
November 26th, 2005 08:49 PM
Surround Sister Most u-rated would be ER, and 2nd Majesties.
[Overrated is (slightly) TY & (Much, as an album) SF... But most o v e r rated for me is... Some Girls]
[Edited by Surround Sister]
November 26th, 2005 09:19 PM
geecee Gotta be Goats Head Soup , a classic
November 27th, 2005 11:04 PM
Jaxx on thursday afternoon, one of the horn players mike davies told me HE THOUGHT bridges to babylon was the most underrated rolling stones album. he said it just didn't get the credit it deserved.
November 28th, 2005 12:49 AM
Promo Those are all good choices.
I think it's funny that Black & Blue, and Emotional Rescue have always been overlooked. They're both great. It goes to prove that the Stones produced too much great Rock and Roll for the public to deal with.
Even Undercover is under-rated, (pay attn to the filthy lyrics)

But then again.....how many people have good taste....?
November 28th, 2005 05:22 AM
Zack
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:
Between the buttons

You are correct, sir. A poor man's Aftermath, my eye!
November 28th, 2005 06:50 AM
blackandblue Underrated: Between the buttons
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)