ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Foro Sol, México City, D. F. 26th February 2006
© and thanks to Poncho Rico!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Alcoholic Fueled Genius Return to archive Page: 1 2
13th November 2007 11:44 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Some genius isn't fueled by alcohol and drugs but most of it is. Very few straight artists....even Zappa used caffein and nicotine to maintain a high. Comment.
13th November 2007 11:47 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Some genius isn't fueled by alcohol and drugs but most of it is. Very few straight artists....even Zappa used caffein and nicotine to maintain a high. Comment.

Yes.......
13th November 2007 11:49 AM
guitarman53 Alcohol & drugs, think Billie Holiday, Charlie Parker, & the list goes on & on in Jazz & rock, there's not to many people except Zappa, who haven't been addicted.
13th November 2007 11:52 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Some genius isn't fueled by alcohol and drugs but most of it is. Very few straight artists....even Zappa used caffein and nicotine to maintain a high. Comment.

EGON!!!!
13th November 2007 12:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Not all genius is musical....the Looney Tunes guys, Chuck Jones, Mel Blanc, Friz Freleng, Walter Lantz, etc. ....no those guys never got high. If they actually pulled that off straight then they're bigger genius than I first thought.
13th November 2007 12:02 PM
gimmekeef If alcohol consumption equates to genius then I'm the Einstein of everything......
13th November 2007 12:10 PM
Ten Thousand Motels "Genius" exists. Maybe not "a" genuis as such. Maybe not an individual genius. Maybe not a human being. God...for lack of a better word. If God "doen't exist" then nothing exists. If "something" exists then God/Genius must exist. It just stands to reason. We're just tapping into IT.
13th November 2007 12:30 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
"Genius" exists. Maybe not "a" genuis as such. Maybe not an individual genius. Maybe not a human being. God...for lack of a better word. If God "doen't exist" then nothing exists. If "something" exists then God/Genius must exist. It just stands to reason. We're just tapping into IT.

Its the written air quotes that push that nonsensical paragraph into the drivel zone, Motkegaard. The worst attempt at whatever you think you are attempting I have so far witnessed. People with Down's Syndrome bust some better existentialism and stuff.

Favor, por favor? DO NOT try to think anymore today.
13th November 2007 12:35 PM
Joey
quote:

see : Keith John Moon

13th November 2007 12:36 PM
jostorm TTM: (by the way, you look lovely in drag!)

Would it not be more feasable that creativity in general (writing, painting, music...) is connected to drugs and booze because of a specially developed sensibility in the persona of an artist???? Creative people may be more driven to take the "knocks" of life (and you could include living your life in the glare of fame as another "knock") more "deeply" than the insensitive pillocks. They may feel the facts of life with more despair at life's unfairness, and therefore be more prone to use drugs and alcohol to alleviate the pain they feel.

Plus, each creative person in itself is a small "world", it's impossible to generalise .
13th November 2007 12:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Its the written air quotes that push that nonsensical paragraph into the drivel zone, Motkegaard. The worst attempt at whatever you think you are attempting I have so far witnessed. People with Down's Syndrome bust some better existentialism and stuff.

Favor, por favor? DO NOT try to think anymore today.

It's getting damn cold up here.
13th November 2007 12:53 PM
sirmoonie
quote:

None of the other acutes are complaining, Mr. Harding.

13th November 2007 01:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

None of the other acutes are complaining, Mr. Harding.

$325.00 for 100 gallons of heating oil. Your fucking right I'm complaining. It's time the Supreme Court stepped in and lowered the price of crude I say.
13th November 2007 03:15 PM
Joey " Creative people may be more driven to take the "knocks" of life (and you could include living your life in the glare of fame as another "knock") more "deeply" than the insensitive pillocks. They may feel the facts of life with more despair at life's unfairness, and therefore be more prone to use drugs and alcohol to alleviate the pain they feel. "

************** SIGH ***********************

***** ? ******

********* WTF ?! **********

***** You makes Joey say , ..... " Huh ?! "

Why ?!

WHY ......... ?!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
13th November 2007 06:44 PM
stonedinaustralia artists attempt to provide their perception or interpretation of reality in their chosen medium and can be frustrated by the fact that their perspective is in a sense fixed - to alter conciousness through the use of substances provides the artist with another perspective not only of the reality they are responding to in their art but they also obtain, or at least appear to obtain (and isn't perception everything??), a new perspective on themselves - if not a higher conciousness at least an alternate one - and so the artist gets a perspective on his or her perception

WARNING - too much of this type of approach is dangerous - see Brian Jones, Syd Barrett et al. - a slippery slide down a vortex of self doubt and physical and mental incapacity leading to madness
13th November 2007 06:47 PM
Joey " artists attempt to provide their perception or interpretation of reality in their chosen medium and can be frustrated by the fact that their perspective is in a sense fixed - to alter conciousness through the use of substances provides the artist with another perspective not only of the reality they are responding to in their art but they also obtain, or at least appear to obtain (and isn't perception everything??), a new perspective on themselves - if not a higher conciousness at least an alternate one - and so the artist gets a perspective on his or her perception .............................."

13th November 2007 06:47 PM
Dan I have given you the gift of all sorts of alcohol fueled genius over the years. At least I felt like a genius when I was posting it.
13th November 2007 06:48 PM
Joey " I have given you the gift of all sorts of alcohol fueled genius over the years. At least I felt like a genius when I was posting it."

Sniggles
13th November 2007 07:00 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Joey wrote:

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
14th November 2007 09:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels "Though my drinking was not yet continuous, it disturbed my wife. We had long talks when I would still her forebodings by telling her that men of genius conceived their best projects when drunk; that the most majestic constructions philosophic thought were so derived"

Bill W.
14th November 2007 09:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
15th November 2007 01:24 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
"Though my drinking was not yet continuous, it disturbed my wife. We had long talks when I would still her forebodings by telling her that men of genius conceived their best projects when drunk; that the most majestic constructions philosophic thought were so derived"

When I was a kid, we used to hold our arms over a lit candle and see who could last the longest. I used to keep my arm there until the skin would blister, and pus would drip out and put out the flame.

I felt nothing but scorn and contempt for the weak kids who couldn't do that.
15th November 2007 03:10 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

When I was a kid, we used to hold our arms over a lit candle and see who could last the longest. I used to keep my arm there until the skin would blister, and pus would drip out and put out the flame.

G. Gordon Liddy had the exact same ' talent ' .

15th November 2007 03:34 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

G. Gordon Liddy had the exact same ' talent ' .

Joey, there is a reason G. Gordon was NOT the yard pigeon at Allenwood. Will, at pg. 86. Shades of Bo Gritz. Shades of Freedom Call.
17th November 2007 11:57 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I felt nothing but scorn and contempt for the weak kids who couldn't do that.

Not me man, I never played those types of games. I'm a pleasure seeker not a pain seeker so I stuck to spin the bottle with the girls. Playing "house" or "doctor" was alot of fun too.

17th November 2007 03:48 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Joey, there is a reason G. Gordon was NOT the yard pigeon at Allenwood. Will, at pg. 86. Shades of Bo Gritz. Shades of Freedom Call.

Moonie .......

Throughout the summer / fall of 1968 , then ' Lame Duck President ' Lyndon Baines Johnson DESPERATELY tried to end the Vietnam War on HIS watch so that his successor would NOT be burdened with his ' mistake ' . However , LBJ was quite annoyed / perplexed / upset that the ' Paris Peace Accords ' were stalled as the South Vietnamese refused to join in the discussions . Sensing mischief , LBJ had J. Edgar Hoover plant some bugs on Richard Nixon's campaign plane . Sure the Frig -- The wiretaps confirmed what Johnson had suspected ... Nixon was backchanneling the Paris Peace Conference and telling the South Vietnamese Leader -- Nguyen Van Thieu -- to stay out of the talks and wait until HE ( Nixon ) became President in order to get a better ' deal ' . LBJ was friggin furious and five days before the 1968 election gave all the tapes to Democratic challenger Hubert Humphrey so he could make public what Nixon had done .... Humphrey said , " No ...that would not be right . " .. ** WTF ?! **

*** Johnson just stared at Humphrey in pure disbelief --- How could you NOT make public what the S.O.B. was doing ?! ..... It will get you ELECTED !!!! ***

Johnson thought about going public with the information all by himself but was ' advised ' against it because Dean Rusk ( Secretary of State ) & Clark Clifford ( Secretary of Defense ) felt Nixon would be unable to govern the country if he won .

" Pay - Backs are a BITCH Ronnie ! "

Joey Ford ! ™

17th November 2007 04:07 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

Moonie .......

Throughout the summer / fall of 1968 , then ' Lame Duck President ' Lyndon Baines Johnson DESPERATELY tried to end the Vietnam War on HIS watch so that his successor would NOT be burdened with his ' mistake ' . However , LBJ was quite annoyed / perplexed / upset that the ' Paris Peace Accords ' were stalled as the South Vietnamese refused to join in the discussions . Sensing mischief , LBJ had J. Edgar Hoover plant some bugs on Richard Nixon's campaign plane . Sure the Frig -- The wiretaps confirmed what Johnson had suspected ... Nixon was backchanneling the Paris Peace Conference and telling the South Vietnamese Leader -- Nguyen Van Thieu -- to stay out of the talks and wait until HE ( Nixon ) became President in order to get a better ' deal ' . LBJ was friggin furious and five days before the 1968 election gave all the tapes to Democratic challenger Hubert Humphrey so he could make public what Nixon had done .... Humphrey said , " No ...that would not be right . " .. ** WTF ?! **

*** Johnson just stared at Humphrey in pure disbelief --- How could you NOT make public what the S.O.B. was doing ?! ..... It will get you ELECTED !!!! ***

Johnson thought about going public with the information all by himself but was ' advised ' against it because Dean Rusk ( Secretary of State ) & Clark Clifford ( Secretary of Defense ) felt Nixon would be unable to govern the country if he won .

" Pay - Backs are a BITCH Ronnie ! "

Joey Ford ! ™

I hear ya, Snaggletooth. This nation is rife with bad judgment - we elected a functional retard as president two times. But I don't think we are stupid enough to elect someone from the Mormon cult. Fuck the goddam Angel Moroni, send that temperate talking geek and his golden plates back to Planet Kolob where he fucking belongs!
17th November 2007 07:03 PM
gypsy
quote:

Not me man, I never played those types of games. I'm a pleasure seeker not a pain seeker so I stuck to spin the bottle with the girls. Playing "house" or "doctor" was alot of fun too.

You are worthless and weak!
17th November 2007 08:54 PM
mojoman
quote:

absinthe?
18th November 2007 06:31 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:

absinthe?

Gimme a j : J !
Gimme a o : O !
Gimme a e : E !
Gimme a y : Y !

What's that spell ? JOEY !

Yeeeeaaah !! .. Jooooeeeeey !

'kins , Est. 1999

[Edited by Joey]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)