ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

MGM Grand - Las Vegas ,NV - 11th November 2006
© Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Idaho Center, Boise, Idaho, 14th November 2006, Setlist, Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
15th November 2006 12:00 AM
GotToRollMe I'm stealing this from Shidoobee, so thanks to monoskierstonesfan, Thru and Thru, and Doug & Co.

01. Jumping Jack Flash
02. It's Only Rock And Roll
03. Let's Spend the Night Together
04. Oh No, Not You Again
05. Dead Flowers
06. Streets Of Love
07. Midnight Rambler
08. Tumbling Dice

- Band Intros -

09. You Got The Silver
10. Connection (oh yezzz...)

-to B stage-

11. Miss You (oh nooo...)
12. Rough Justice (now yer talkin'!)
13. Start Me Up
14. Honky Tonk Woman

-to main stage-

15. Sympathy For The Devil
16. Paint It Black
17. Brown Sugar

Encore:
18. You Can't Always Get What You Want
19. Satisfaction

http://www.idahocenter.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idaho_Center

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
[Edited by Gazza]
15th November 2006 12:14 AM
GotToRollMe Thanks for the sticky, Voodoo. Yer like the Invisible Man of Rocks Off! LOL!
15th November 2006 12:15 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ...Invisible but touchable
15th November 2006 12:18 AM
Bitch Hi night owls. Getting more of a Bigger Bang tonite?
15th November 2006 12:19 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
...Invisible but touchable

And a hot tamale to boot..lol!
15th November 2006 12:21 AM
GotToRollMe Hey Bitch! It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it! Nice to see someone else is still up!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
15th November 2006 12:29 AM
Bitch
quote:
...Invisible but touchable

Voodoo, how can we touch you? better yet, where would you like us to touch you?
15th November 2006 12:31 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl by "where" do you mean a place or a part of the body?
15th November 2006 12:35 AM
GotToRollMe Now look what you've started, Bitch...LOL!
Well, it sure ain't gonna be in Boise, Voodoo!
15th November 2006 12:35 AM
Bitch Voodoo it would be nice if you came to AC, we'll be there and we're just dying to meet you! Right GotToRollMe?

quote:
by "where" do you mean a place or a part of the body?

Actually I was teasing you, lol, and I think I already know which part of the body you had in mind...

[Edited by Bitch]
15th November 2006 12:38 AM
GotToRollMe Hell yeah! Then we could touch you all over the place...in AC, that is...
15th November 2006 12:46 AM
glencar I sure hope they do Connection in ACY! It's all I want for my last concert(possibly!!!).
15th November 2006 12:49 AM
Bitch hi Glencar, never say last concert!
15th November 2006 12:50 AM
GotToRollMe I'm hopin' the same thing, Glenny. I'll be happy with YGTS and Connection.

And it's nice to see that there's someone else in the house tonight.
15th November 2006 12:52 AM
glencar
quote:
Bitch wrote:
hi Glencar, never say last concert!

LOL I will probably drag my ass "across the pond" next spring if that tour happens.
15th November 2006 12:52 AM
Bitch Idaho sounds like I Da Ho! Streetwalking slut!
15th November 2006 12:53 AM
glencar
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I'm hopin' the same thing, Glenny. I'll be happy with YGTS and Connection.

And it's nice to see that there's someone else in the house tonight.

I just got home from work. Can't stay up too late as I have to get up in a few. Boise seems somewhat standard so that bodes well for ACY!
15th November 2006 01:05 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL I will probably drag my ass "across the pond" next spring if that tour happens.

I might just drag my ass across the pond next spring if that happens!

Looks like Boise is gettin' Idaho'ed tonight though...

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
15th November 2006 01:37 AM
GotToRollMe Looks like that's it, kids. Thanks, Voodoo.
Damn, I'm gonna be up half the night now playin' catch-up.
See ya'll.
15th November 2006 04:14 AM
Jeep Photo Greg Keller / IPT :

15th November 2006 05:04 AM
Gazza Thanks for the updates, everyone.

Bitch and Voodoo - get a fuckin room, will ya?
15th November 2006 05:18 AM
Gazza Rolling Stones rock Nampa's Idaho Center
By Ben Fletcher

PLAY editor

NAMPA —Treasure Valley music fans finally got their Rolling Stones
show. Boy, did they ever.

Stones’ lead singer Mick Jagger appeared in fine form before a sold-

out crowd at Nampa’s Idaho Center Tuesday, despite the death of his

father over the weekend and recurring throat problems that forced the

band to reschedule or cancel some dates leading up to the show.

The raucous crowd screamed themselves hoarse and danced throughout

the performance.

A long wait, which caused many fans to anxiously check the band’s Web

site daily for updates on the 63-year-old singer’s health, appeared

to be worth it.

This was rock’s biggest band, after all. And Jagger and his crew —

Keith Richards (guitar), Ron Wood (guitar) and Charlie Watts (drums)

— had no problem tearing through several classics that kept the crowd

on their feet, hands in the air.

Somebody should have told Jagger he was in Nampa, not in Boise. “This

is the first time I’ve ever been or played in Boise,” he told the

crowd. “We are the innocents of Idaho.”

Many fans paid upwards of $300 for a chance to catch The Rolling

Stones on their “A Bigger Bang” tour. Tickets to the show sold out in

less than an hour when they went on sale this summer, although some

people were able to snatch up a few tickets released late last week

by Idaho Center officials.

Some fans were worried that this tour would be the Stones’ last.

“I think we’re pushing the end of it,” Mark Phelan, 35, of Boise, said.

See Friday’s PLAY or visit playtreasurevalley.com later this week

to read a review of the concert

http://www.idahopress.com/articles/2006/11/15/news/news4.txt
15th November 2006 05:20 AM
Gazza "A long wait, which caused many fans to anxiously check the band’s Website daily for updates on the 63-year-old singer’s health"

15th November 2006 07:14 AM
Jeep Photos Idaho Statesman :

15th November 2006 07:19 AM
Jeep Jagger and Co. satisfy fans on Tuesday during unforgettable night
By Michael Deeds
Idaho Statesman | Edition Date: 11/15/06

http://www.idahostatesman.com/102/story/60190.html

Seeing was believing at the Idaho Center on Tuesday night.
Mick Jagger strutted across the stage like a rooster at sunrise. Keith Richards ripped through the immortal chords of "Jumpin' Jack Flash."

Two minutes into the unforgettable night, nobody could deny that the Rolling Stones were rocking the faces off about 11,000 dancing fans in Nampa.

"It's great to be here, I'll tell you," Jagger said. "It's the first time I've ever been or played in Boise."

As if we didn't know.

Wasting no time, the Stones roared into their classic catalog, following "Jack Flash" with "It's Only Rock & Roll (But I Like It)" and "Let's Spend the Night Together."

"I'm feeling good," Jagger screamed to the fans.

So were they.

Audience members couldn't be blamed for pinching themselves. Fans of the legendary British band spent the last two weeks fretting that a twist of fate might deny the most high-profile concert ever slated for the Gem State: First, Jagger's sore throat caused an abrupt flurry of postponements, then his father died of pneumonia three days before this gig.

But the Idaho Center date was unaffected. And the energetic, 63-year-old lead singer appeared likewise. As Richards delivered blistering guitar leads, Jagger tore off his blue jacket, revealing an accordion-like stomach, and sang his lungs out for two hours.

The Stones took a chance early in the show, offering two songs from their excellent 2005 album, "A Bigger Bang." But Jagger quickly worked the crowd, congratulating Boise State's football team and playing acoustic guitar during a memorable take on the 1971 country song "Dead Flowers." Things really got strange when "Midnight Rambler" turned into a 10-minute psychedelic jam session. As guitarists Richards and Ron Wood traded avante-garde noodling, Jagger unleashed bursts of harmonica, then worked the crowd into a frenzy. He jigged. He slinked. He gyrated. He invented dance moves that were too cool for names.

In other words, the Stones killed. Everything was terrific. Even when Wood got a little sloppy with his guitar playing during classics such as "Paint it Black" and "Brown Sugar."

Looking as weathered as humanly possible, Richards moseyed into the spotlight mid-show and sang two songs, "You Got the Silver" and "Connection," providing a breather for Jagger and the delirious crowd. "I made it!" Richards shouted as a greeting, apparently alluding to brain surgery he underwent after falling out of a tree a few months ago. Or maybe he was referring to the lit cigarette that he's been waving around for eternity.

"It's good to be here," Richards stated, before observing with a chuckle: "It's good to be anywhere."

When Jagger bounded back onstage for the ominous funk of "Miss You," fans got a surprise: The entire mid-section of the stage began rolling down a pathway into the crowd, all the way to the other side of the arena floor. Fans in the back had a close-up view as the Stones tore through "Rough Justice," from the new CD, as well as classics "Start Me Up" and "Honky Tonk Woman," before moving back to the main stage for "Sympathy for the Devil."

Appearing larger than life was not a problem for the awe-inspiring Stones, even after the surprisingly expansive, violin-laced sonics of hard-rock opener Blue October. A megaplex-sized movie screen and futuristic light show kept fans on the edge of their seats all the way to the aptly named encore. "Satisfaction" was a word this crowd could identify with.

Despite this concert's cultural significance to the Treasure Valley, the large-scale staging nixed any shot at an attendance record. Performing in-the-round three months ago, country couple Tim McGraw and Faith Hill set the Idaho Center mark at 11,535 fans. Using a similar set-up, singer Neil Diamond attracted a market-record 12,897 fans to Taco Bell Arena — then called The Pavilion at Boise State University — in 1996.

Officially, Stones tickets — which ranged from $72.25 to $367 — sold out 54 minutes after they went on sale in August. But a handful of late-release seats were still available hours before Tuesday's performance, making scalpers' business significantly less lucrative.

The Idaho Center wasn't the smallest venue on the tour; the Stones performed two shows for about 2,100 fans apiece two weeks ago at a New York City theater. But next week's gig at Dodger Stadium is more typical. Fans at the Idaho Center, probably to a single person, were appreciative.

Boisean Nate Fisher, 45, said he first saw the Rolling Stones at Seattle's Kingdome while he was in college in 1985.

"I said, ‘We'd better go see them before they go away,' " Fisher said.

More than two decades later, Fisher and his friend, Rod Wray, 41, were part of a 40-person group who rented a motor home for tailgating in the parking lot before the concert.

The group's enthusiasm was obvious: Fisher had hung a 10-foot by 15-foot specially ordered banner with the Stones' tongue logo on the motor home. A boom box blared "Jumpin' Jack Flash." They also served food made just for the occasion, including roast "Beast of Burden" sandwiches and "Brown Sugar" cookies, both references to popular Stones songs.

Like most Stones fans, this was a crew of lifers.

"It's Mick and the boys," Wray said. "I don't care if they're out there in wheelchairs drooling into a cup. I'm watching them!"

15th November 2006 07:25 AM
Gazza >Boisean Nate Fisher, 45, said he first saw the Rolling Stones at Seattle's Kingdome while he was in college in 1985.

That must have been some fuckin' show, Nate!
15th November 2006 07:49 AM
mrhipfl They look GREAT!
15th November 2006 07:53 AM
charlotte damn, missed that tour...
15th November 2006 07:58 AM
LadyJane Setlist is what I'd expect for Boise.

I really hope we get some gems in AC.

Good to see YCAGWYW back in the setlist.

Keef is obviously keeping Connection.

LJ.
15th November 2006 08:01 AM
UGot2Rollme
quote:
Jeep wrote:

"It's Mick and the boys," Wray said. "I don't care if they're out there in wheelchairs drooling into a cup. I'm watching them!"

Classy quote, eh?
I wonder how much tickets would go for?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)