ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ . 17th November 2006
© Egeboy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: what cds should I buy my girlfriend Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th November 2006 01:49 AM
Jenn WIlliams Hi,

My girlfriend is a big Stones fan. I think she has most commercial releases, but I want to get her something special for her birthday. Any suggestions?

I like them but I don't know too much.

thank you for any help.
9th November 2006 01:52 AM
pdog It might help to go through her stash of CD's , and write it all down, then fill in all the gaps.
Depending on where you live, there's stil la few shows left on the tour too... Could be expensive, but you only live once....
Are you a girl too?
9th November 2006 01:55 AM
WattsAtScotts Do not get the band Hinder's album, I just heard, one of the worst albums, I have ever heard in my life
9th November 2006 01:58 AM
pdog I've never heard of The Hinders...
9th November 2006 02:05 AM
WattsAtScotts
quote:
pdog wrote:
I've never heard of The Hinders...

www.myspace.com/hinder
9th November 2006 02:08 AM
Jenn WIlliams
quote:
pdog wrote:
It might help to go through her stash of CD's , and write it all down, then fill in all the gaps.
Depending on where you live, there's stil la few shows left on the tour too... Could be expensive, but you only live once....
Are you a girl too?

I am a girl.

I'm pretty sure she has all comercial releases. I want something special. Even a dvd. I know she has Gimme Shelter and Four Flicks. I want something really rare and cool.

thanks.
9th November 2006 02:09 AM
WattsAtScotts
quote:
Jenn WIlliams wrote:

I am a girl.

I'm pretty sure she has all comercial releases. I want something special. Even a dvd. I know she has Gimme Shelter and Four Flicks. I want something really rare and cool.

thanks.

Rarities 1971-2003?
9th November 2006 02:15 AM
Jenn WIlliams
quote:
WattsAtScotts wrote:

Rarities 1971-2003?

Where can I get this? I don't recall this title.

thanks.
9th November 2006 02:17 AM
Bloozehound get her a copy of the Alfie soundtrack, a double-headed dong and you 2 get on with it
9th November 2006 02:19 AM
WattsAtScotts
quote:
Jenn WIlliams wrote:

Where can I get this? I don't recall this title.

thanks.

Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, anywhere that sells cd's!!!! oh, and Starbucks
9th November 2006 02:23 AM
Jenn WIlliams
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
get her a copy of the Alfie soundtrack, a double-headed dong and you 2 get on with it

We already have sex toys.

Were the Rolling Stones on the Alfie soundtrack? That stared Michael Caine, right? I don't remember. I don't think that is what I am looking for.

I've seen a bunch of history dvds on amazon, but I don't know which is the best.

9th November 2006 02:26 AM
Poplar
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
get her a copy of the Alfie soundtrack, a double-headed dong and you 2 get on with it

Oh Bloozy ... oh man .... sometime you really have it, sir.

Hey Jenn, Rarities ain't bad. How about the Rock n Roll Circus on DVD? if she doesn't have that, it's a sure winner.

Cheers..
9th November 2006 02:26 AM
Jenn WIlliams
quote:
WattsAtScotts wrote:

Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, anywhere that sells cd's!!!! oh, and Starbucks

I don't think so.

I'm looking for something that she would be thrilled to have. She's out of town and I can check her collection again, but I'm pretty sure she has most cds.

9th November 2006 02:27 AM
Jenn WIlliams
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Oh Bloozy ... oh man .... sometime you really have it, sir.

Hey Jenn, Rarities ain't bad. How about the Rock n Roll Circus on DVD? if she doesn't have that, it's a sure winner.

Cheers..

I'll check on that. I don't recall that one.

thanks.

9th November 2006 02:28 AM
pdog
quote:
Jenn WIlliams wrote:

I am a girl.

thanks.

She has something rare and cool already, a great person like you who cares enough to visit a looney bunch of Stones geeks to get a great present...
Awww!
anyway!
There's lots of bootleg stuff out there... If you can find real pressed silver CD's of some bootlegs somewhere, that would be really cool...
Look for Brussels Affair or Handsome Girls... That stuff can cost a bit, but make sure you get real silvers, if you go that way... eBay is a good place to find some of that stuff... Make sure you ask the seller if it's real pressed CD's. Some people sell homamde stuff, which is okay, but you can get that stuff for free through various trading circles... I only have a few bootleg CD's that are not CD-r's and I really treasure them. A die hard fan, can really dig that stuff.
You know what else, my wife found some really cool posters and had them mounted, they look great...
http://www.allposters.com/maint.htm

Where do you live? They might be playing near you... LA, Vegas and Atlantic City still have shows coming up soon...
Have fun, hope this helped!
9th November 2006 02:32 AM
pdog
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

I picture you eating hot pockets and frequenting strip clubs, you have cum stains on your jeans, bad breath and think the dancer with track marks and absessed tits really likes you!
9th November 2006 02:33 AM
Jenn WIlliams
quote:
pdog wrote:

She has something rare and cool already, a great person like you who cares enough to visit a looney bunch of Stones geeks to get a great present...
Awww!
anyway!
There's lots of bootleg stuff out there... If you can find real pressed silver CD's of some bootlegs somewhere, that would be really cool...
Look for Brussels Affair or Handsome Girls... That stuff can cost a bit, but make sure you get real silvers, if you go that way... eBay is a good place to find some of that stuff... Make sure you ask the seller if it's real pressed CD's. Some people sell homamde stuff, which is okay, but you can get that stuff for free through various trading circles... I only have a few bootleg CD's that are not CD-r's and I really treasure them. A die hard fan, can really dig that stuff.
You know what else, my wife found some really cool posters and had them mounted, they look great...
http://www.allposters.com/maint.htm

Where do you live? They might be playing near you... LA, Vegas and Atlantic City still have shows coming up soon...
Have fun, hope this helped!

Thanks.

Upstate NY.

I really don't know much about this stuff, that's why I'm asking. I found a bookmark on her computer for this site, and decided to give it a try. I'll google the titles you suggested.

thanks again.

9th November 2006 02:35 AM
Poplar
your girl is the shit.
9th November 2006 02:39 AM
WattsAtScotts
quote:
Jenn WIlliams wrote:

I don't think so.

I'm looking for something that she would be thrilled to have. She's out of town and I can check her collection again, but I'm pretty sure she has most cds.

You don't think they have it at those stores? Your kidding right?
9th November 2006 02:49 AM
Jenn WIlliams
quote:
WattsAtScotts wrote:

You don't think they have it at those stores? Your kidding right?

Maybe Best Buy. Target? I don't think so. I buy cotton t-shirts and yoga pants and cleaning supplies there.

Anyway, thank for the suggestions. I don't trust eBay.

9th November 2006 03:49 AM
pdog Best of luck... Think about a trip to AC around the 17th. If you got the scratch to spend, it would be a great present, and it's AC, so I'm sure you have fun. Many of the internet geeks around here have parties before hand....
The biggest one being The Shidoobees... another message board...
There's still tickets on sale for the show. One of our board regulars and most cool Rocks Off Chick Click chick is gonig to be there... There's even threads here about the people going, so your g/f might be hip to some stuff, so be careful if she reads this site!
You can delete this thread by deleting your original post after you get all the info you need...
All the best!
[Edited by pdog]
9th November 2006 05:01 AM
Ronnie Richards I would try to get to hold a decent copy of Ladies & Gentlemen (Live US 1972 - never officially released on DVD).

If she doesn't already have it she certainly would be thrilled - as it is the best thing the Stones have ever done.
9th November 2006 06:19 AM
marko You could try to do B&p here,if someone has time to do so.
I would suggest great bootleg dvd´s,theres plenty to choose
from.
9th November 2006 10:01 AM
Paranoid_Android Get her a 30 gig iPod...w/ $50.00 credit for iTunes...let her fingers do to typing...download all her Stones music on to the iPod before you give it to her!!! Open up her Itunes account for her (don't create a shortcut...so she doesn't notice) and have it all set up for her...
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
9th November 2006 10:06 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
Get her a 30 gig iPod...w/ $50.00 credit for iTunes...let her fingers do to typing...download all her Stones music on to the iPod before you give it to her!!! Open up her Itunes account for her (don't create a shortcut...so she doesn't notice) and have it all set up for her...
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]

Nice idea, I need to forward that one to my girlfriend.

I can burn you a copy of the Ladies & Gents DVD if you PM me your addy.
9th November 2006 10:10 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
pdog wrote:

I picture you eating hot pockets and frequenting strip clubs, you have cum stains on your jeans, bad breath and think the dancer with track marks and absessed tits really likes you!

I prefer the Lean Pockets, particular the meatball ones. And I know she likes me!!
9th November 2006 10:41 AM
Saint Sway theres a cool box set put out a long time ago called "Keith Richards & The X-Pensive Winos Live at The Hollywood Palladium"

there were a limited amount of copies made, came in a nice package with the live cd, live video (VHS), tour booklet and a bar of soap that turns into a t-shirt. I'd try searching ebay for it....
9th November 2006 12:46 PM
GotToRollMe I can only speak for myself, but a shoebox full of 20's is always a good gift!

Seriously, though, I'll burn you a couple of great DVDs if you want. Use the PM feature and I'll hook you up.
[Edited by GotToRollMe]
9th November 2006 12:48 PM
Nellcote I have a cd from an interview Ed Bradley did with Michael Jackson, I can burn it for you.
11th November 2006 03:57 PM
robpop
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I have a cd from an interview Ed Bradley did with Michael Jackson, I can burn it for you.

I would recomend that. Sorry to be so blunt, but in 2 months you will never see her, or more importantly the CDs again. Get away as cheap as possible.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)