ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Baltimore MD First Mariner Center - 1st February 2006
© Algerina Perna with thanks to Sue!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Attn X-Files Fans!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st November 2007 12:34 PM
LadyJane The long awaited MOVIE!!
Yes!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071101...tv_nm/xfiles_dc

LJ.
1st November 2007 12:35 PM
glencar The time has passed...
1st November 2007 12:54 PM
pdog There's a ittle bit of starbuck sci-fi geekiness in us all.
1st November 2007 01:59 PM
monkey_man Yes !! Now David Ducovny can stop doing voiceovers for dogfood!!!
1st November 2007 02:01 PM
robpop No mention of Bill Davis? What's the X-fles without the CSM.
1st November 2007 02:28 PM
lotsajizz I loved the X-Files.
1st November 2007 02:31 PM
robpop
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I loved the X-Files.

I did also, but the last couple of seasons were horrible.
1st November 2007 03:18 PM
lotsajizz it did go out on a down note...not, however, the fall of Robert Patrick and his co-star, who both did a good job
1st November 2007 03:24 PM
glencar No, the writing sucked.
1st November 2007 03:30 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
No, the writing sucked.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the LIE this morning!
1st November 2007 03:39 PM
Mr Jurkka Yes! This is good news. I always loved x-files especially older episodes.
1st November 2007 08:06 PM
robpop The X Files was the last tv series that I watched. It was the first reality tv show. All the rest that followed are crap. "X Files reatlity tv," you ask. Yes it is. I know. I live about 30 miles from Home, PA. That shit happens down there all the time. Sons having cheap sex with their mother in the back of a clunker is accpeted. Its to keep the family going. That was a documentary, except for the part of the black cop named Andy Taylor. That was all the work of an overzealous writer.

Seriously, Home, Jose Chung's from Outer Space, and Musings of a Cigarette-Smoking Man are three of the greatest episodes ever.
1st November 2007 08:10 PM
lotsajizz word

ever see Jose Chung's appearance on 'Millenium'?
1st November 2007 08:11 PM
LadyJane
quote:
robpop wrote:
The X Files was the last tv series that I watched. It was the first reality tv show. All the rest that followed are crap. "X Files reatlity tv," you ask. Yes it is. I know. I live about 30 miles from Home, PA. That shit happens down there all the time. Sons having cheap sex with their mother in the back of a clunker is accpeted. Its to keep the family going. That was a documentary, except for the part of the black cop named Andy Taylor. That was all the work of an overzealous writer.

Seriously, Home, Jose Chung's from Outer Space, and Musings of a Cigarette-Smoking Man are three of the greatest episodes ever.

Agreed.
Home scared the SHIT out of me. The Peacock Family!!!!

Cannot forget the GREAT Peter Boyle in "Clyde Bruchman's Final Repose".

Great Television.

LJ.
1st November 2007 08:14 PM
robpop
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Agreed.

Great Television.

LJ.

Oh yes, I forgot that one.
1st November 2007 08:18 PM
robpop Oh yes, I really do live neat Home. Been there. Its acutually a very nice town.
1st November 2007 08:34 PM
robpop Thanks LJ for bringing this up. I'll be dragging ass tomorrow at work. I broke out the dvds. Still as good as the first time I saw it. Good thing my boss took tomorrow off.

<-----------

At least you know why the Bills never won the Super Bowl...LOL

[Edited by robpop]
[Edited by robpop]
1st November 2007 11:06 PM
Poison Dart The X-Files is cool. I am looking forward to it. It deserves a better ending than it got.

I am also looking forward to in 2008.

1/ Indiana Jones + the Temple of the Crystal Skull
2/ Star Trek XI (With Leonard Nimoy + maybe William Shatner) Though he denies it they are working on a contract w/him.
3/ Dark Knight - Sequel to Batman Begins
4/ James Bond 22- Daniel Craig is the best 007 since Connery.
5/ Righteous Kill - Al Pacino + Robert Deniro
6/ The Day the Earth Stood Still (remake)
7/ Bruno - Sasha Baron Cohen's follow up to Borat.
8/ Lincoln - Steven Spielberg's take on the American President.
2nd November 2007 12:14 AM
Stonesthrow
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Agreed.

Great Television.

LJ.

The scariest episodes involved the killer who appeared every 30 years and could escape using contortionist methods. Also, the episode involving the plague on the submarine trapped in artic (or antarctic) ice, and the episode with Tony Shalhoub where people disappeared into black holes in the sidewalk. Then there was the episode where Gillian Anderson ate the bugs. I miss the X-Files.

2nd November 2007 03:31 AM
Prodigal Son I loved this show. It too was one of the last series I consistently watched. These days I mostly watch comedies or sports. My mom made the family stop watching after the episode with the mutant family that beat and dismembered people with their baseball bats which I think was the season premiere for season 4. The first three seasons were just incredible, though. A lot of what has come since cannot measure up, especially sci-fi programs. I only saw sparse episodes after 97 but it looked to be going downhill after the movie. Still, we'd order pizza every Friday (I believe it switched to this day from Sunday, or it was the other way around?) and watch with the lights turned down. Fuckin awesome!
2nd November 2007 06:33 AM
LadyJane
quote:
robpop wrote:
Thanks LJ for bringing this up. I'll be dragging ass tomorrow at work. I broke out the dvds. Still as good as the first time I saw it. Good thing my boss took tomorrow off.

<-----------

At least you know why the Bills never won the Super Bowl...LOL

[Edited by robpop]
[Edited by robpop]

LOL...I know!!
CSM is the reason why we always lose!!!
Brilliant writing.

I've been catching XFiles re-runs on SciFi afternoons at 5.
I need to brush off the Boxed sets. I've got them all!!!

And let's not forget the episode Eve. The two twin girls who were genetic mutants. Shiver.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who LOVED this show.

LJ.
2nd November 2007 07:14 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LOL...I know!!
CSM is the reason why we always lose!!!

don't forget the US--USSR hockey game in the '80 Olympics
2nd November 2007 07:19 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Yes !! Now David Ducovny can stop doing voiceovers for dogfood!!!

You should try to catch reruns of "Californication". The seson finale just aired. He is brilliant on that show. And they use lots of Stones music. (Showtime)
2nd November 2007 10:35 AM
glencar Is that any good? I tried watching some of the Showtime shows such as Californication & Brotherhood but I watched HBO instead.
2nd November 2007 11:59 AM
Dino37 DD is cool. Quirky Hollywood outsider. Producers and such don't care for him but fellow actors do.

And how do I know this? Fuck if I know. You tell me.
2nd November 2007 01:02 PM
monkey_man
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

You should try to catch reruns of "Californication". The seson finale just aired. He is brilliant on that show. And they use lots of Stones music. (Showtime)

There are lots of shows on Showtime that I've been hearing are great. . . I'll switch from HBO when The Wire is done for good.
2nd November 2007 04:29 PM
SweetVirginia You should try to catch "Californication". Duchovney is smart, irreverent, hilarious. Great supporting cast, too.

Oh, and MM, it's really dirty.

2nd November 2007 07:59 PM
Fiji Joe I liked the episode with the alien who was playing baseball in the negro leagues...directed by Duchovney...excellent
2nd November 2007 08:22 PM
Poplar
in my opinion - one of the best tv series of all time.
i have a few seasons on DVD. the movie was disapointing.
2nd November 2007 10:12 PM
mrhipfl My folks always sent me to bed when the show came on. guess I missed out...

I do remember seeing one episode, though. Something about a bunch of bodies in a deep ditch? And something about an alien in a train? Didn't the lady detective get abducted, too?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)