ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the British Tour - May 27, 1976 - Earl's Court, London
© 1976, 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Howe Barracks? Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 10th, 2004 10:13 AM
nankerphelge Queen is exposed to Highland game
By Anil Dawar, Daily Mail
10 November 2004
Having one's picture taken sitting next to the Queen is usually no sniggering matter.

Particularly when it's an official photograph of the battalion in full uniform and Her Majesty is there in her role as commander of the armed forces.

But Colonel Simon West didn't appear to be taking the occasion too seriously yesterday.

Click for bigger image the picture will be a bit too revealing for the Queen's liking

In his cap, jacket and spats, his hands on his knees and his ankles crossed, he sat proudly in the front row of the 1st Battalion of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, next to the Queen.

But unlike his comrades, he hadn't taken the time to adjust his sporran and kilt for decency.

So the kilt flapped about for all the world to see. And judging by the grin on his face, the colonel knew exactly what he was doing.

Onlookers said the Queen didn't notice what was happening next to her. But she does not exactly appear comfortable in the photograph.

She was visiting the battalion at Howe Barracks in Canterbury, Kent, to present medals after their recent tour of duty in Iraq.

November 10th, 2004 10:24 AM
LadyJane "She was visiting the battalion at Howe Barracks in Canterbury, Kent, to present medals after their recent tour of duty in Iraq."

Are you kidding me??? Howe barracks??? Is this for real, or some clever editing on the part of one nankerphelge??

Gypsy's gonna love this!!!!

LMAO!!!

LJ.
November 10th, 2004 10:28 AM
nankerphelge Nope -- real deal!
November 10th, 2004 12:19 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Nope -- real deal!

Real Deal ?!?!

Did somebody say , " REAL DEAL ?!?! "

www.HoweMilitary.com
November 10th, 2004 12:20 PM
mac_daddy
November 10th, 2004 12:22 PM
Joey

Ouch !

************* END TRANSMISSION *************
November 10th, 2004 12:36 PM
LadyJane Watch out boys...gypsy will have a field day with this pic and her brilliant mastery of PHOTOSHOP!!

developing.........................

LJ.
November 10th, 2004 12:40 PM
gypsy Oh...the possibilities are endless!
I'm moist right now just thinking about what all I could do to that photo.
November 10th, 2004 01:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Is it just my imagination or has there been an unnatural obsession with Penis's around here lately? Or is it Peni? Penii?
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
November 10th, 2004 01:12 PM
gypsy Yeah. But it's not as bad as the RO boys' wolf puss obsession.
November 10th, 2004 02:03 PM
charlotte not me, not me...I cannot stand hair in my pie...
November 10th, 2004 02:57 PM
Trey Krimsin For some reason, I have an extreme feeling of dread. I wonder if it has something to do with that photo......
November 10th, 2004 07:34 PM
glencar That Scot is the first funny one in such a long time.
November 10th, 2004 07:36 PM
stonedinaustralia is the Howe of Howe barracks the same as the Howe from the Academy??

googling...........................

November 10th, 2004 07:41 PM
stonedinaustralia seems they may well be the same person

general sir william howe

see

http://www.americanrevwar.homestead.com/files/HOWE.HTM
November 10th, 2004 07:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Are you kidding me??? Howe barracks??? Is this for real, or some clever editing on the part of one nankerphelge??

Thats the correct name, indeed. Read the same story in the paper today, myself...lol
November 10th, 2004 07:48 PM
glencar Drudge has a link to the story. The queen doesn't look too amused. Maybe someone farted right before the shot was taken.
November 10th, 2004 07:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
seems they may well be the same person

general sir william howe

see

http://www.americanrevwar.homestead.com/files/HOWE.HTM

The pose speaks volumes, methinks!!

November 10th, 2004 07:49 PM
glencar The guy was a huge loser.
November 10th, 2004 07:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Drudge has a link to the story. The queen doesn't look too amused. Maybe someone farted right before the shot was taken.

No. HM always has that facial expression. I suppose her corgis have IBS.
November 10th, 2004 07:52 PM
glencar Poor dogs!
November 10th, 2004 07:55 PM
mac_daddy sia - i think the howe academy you are thinking of is a military school here in the US. military boarding schools such as this are traditionally a catch-all institution where well-to-do folks send their problem adolescent males when the local private schools have had enough. often times, in cases like these, military schools and jail/reform schools are the only real options...

military schools, like the one you ask about, can also be a rough placement for kids of military personnel who never really had a choice in the matter...

i think this might be the case with one, or several, of our very own members, which is why it gets brought up so often...

the howe barracks, on the other hand, have nothing to do with US military prepatory academies (as the aforementioned institutions are known). rather these barracks are nothing more than the location where that dude on the left (in the picture i posted above) lifted his kilt whilst posing with the queen recently.

thus i believe the two have nothing more than a coincidence in name.
November 10th, 2004 07:56 PM
Gazza yeah I cant imagine theyd have named a US academy after a British general in that war!
November 10th, 2004 07:59 PM
glencar The Howe for whom the school was named probably gave it a ton of money. Where is Baby Steelie these days?
November 10th, 2004 08:09 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yeah I cant imagine theyd have named a US academy after a British general in that war!

agreed gazza

as you say macd probably a co-incidence

November 10th, 2004 08:42 PM
LadyJane
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

A queen surrounded by nine men in skirts...does C10 come to anyone else's mind????????

LJ.
November 10th, 2004 08:44 PM
glencar edited...
November 12th, 2004 02:34 PM
nankerphelge Peru gives green light for gays in military to have sex

Thu Nov 11, 2:02 PM ET

LIMA (AFP) - Peru's constitutional court has granted gays in the military the freedom to have sex, declaring that a rule which had deemed such relations illegal was unconstitutional.

The army's rule had stipulated that military personnel could not engage in sexual relations with persons of the same sex either within or outside their barracks.

But constitutional court official Samuel Abad dubbed that rule "completely discriminatory."

Gays in the armed forces had been subject to expulsion or prison sentences if they engaged in homosexual relations, even outside their barracks, under a rule that Aldo Araujo of Lima's Homosexual Movement gay rights group declared "a violation of people's right to privacy."
November 12th, 2004 02:50 PM
Joey [quote]nankerphelge wrote:
" Peru gives green light for gays in military to have sex "

www.HoweMilitary.com

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138352,00.html
November 12th, 2004 02:58 PM
Trey Krimsin The guy sitting to the Queen's right looks like he's ready to expose himself. He must have seen Nankerace and got really excited.
[Edited by Trey Krimsin]
Page: 1 2