ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Joe Jagger
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Who or The Dolls Tonight? Return to archive Page: 1 2
8th November 2006 06:49 PM
pdog Chances of getting tickets for The Who on the cheap are much easier, but it's San Jose about 45 miles south of here. Dolls small club, but much closer to home, it is sold out...
Should I just say home and say fuck it? What a drag it is getting old!
8th November 2006 06:50 PM
monkey_man How many times have you seen each band?
8th November 2006 06:53 PM
pdog The Who -1
Dolls - 0

I think you made my decision much easier... Thank you!
Now, do oyu have a line on tickets, or wanna go down there and beat up scalpers?
8th November 2006 06:55 PM
Dan Make an attempt on a Dolls ticket since the Supersuckers are opening. I actually stopped by on the way home from the Bowl but the Dolls were already on. I bet you can get into The Who for $10!
8th November 2006 07:00 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:
The Who -1
Dolls - 0

I think you made my decision much easier... Thank you!
Now, do oyu have a line on tickets, or wanna go down there and beat up scalpers?

Sorry, no line on tickets. The show is listed as sold out and the Independent is pretty small. . . .might be hard to squeak a ticket out of anyone.
8th November 2006 07:02 PM
Dan
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Sorry, no line on tickets. The show is listed as sold out and the Independent is pretty small. . . .might be hard to squeak a ticket out of anyone.

If you really wanna do it, just look aggressively and you might get in on someone's plus one.
8th November 2006 07:44 PM
Nellcote Dolls, Pdog, in a major way.
I've never seen them, but I'll wager they will put out 3 x's the energy.
8th November 2006 08:31 PM
pdog Now I need to find the energy... Just ate a big meal, the kids are draining me...
I don't feel very punk rock, must get strength... I must DANCE LIKE A MONKEY!!!

8th November 2006 08:35 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
Chances of getting tickets for The Who on the cheap are much easier, but it's San Jose about 45 miles south of here. Dolls small club, but much closer to home, it is sold out...
Should I just say home and say fuck it? What a drag it is getting old!

THE WHO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please see the Oooooooooooooooooo and thank your young Kins tomorrow .

It will be a memorable evening !!!!

Kins !
8th November 2006 08:38 PM
Nellcote Wicked Pissa Video!!
GO MAN GO!!
8th November 2006 08:41 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Wicked Pissa Video!!
GO MAN GO!!

Nellcote ........................

May the ' spirit ' of JFK be with you this unusually warm November Evening ( eighty one degrees outside ) .

8th November 2006 08:57 PM
Nellcote Joey, may the spirt of Ted "Chivas" Kennedy be with you...
Oh, would you like more?
Then "dive in"...

http://fatboy.cc/
9th November 2006 02:35 AM
danielharris627 Hmm I dunno, i saw the dolls recently and they were awesome.
9th November 2006 10:28 AM
Saint Sway If it was me.... I'd hit Dolls/Supersuckers without hesitation
9th November 2006 11:56 AM
Sir Stonesalot But it's not just the Dolls/Supersuckers...as if that wasn't enuff...you also get The Chesterfield Kings and The Charms! And Go-Go Girls! The Kings are worth the price of admission by themselves!

Go.

You know damn well you'll get in.

9th November 2006 11:58 AM
jb The Who is a no brainer...The Dolls are not a factor at all anymore.
9th November 2006 12:15 PM
Bingo Take the Caltrain to San Jose, I believe the arena is a short walk from the SJ station.
9th November 2006 12:30 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
The Who is a no brainer...The Dolls are not a factor at all anymore.

Seen The Who twice recently and The Dolls twice. Dolls are much better and have as many original members. Of course I went to go see Aerosmith and Motley Crue instead.
9th November 2006 12:31 PM
Joey

9th November 2006 12:33 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Seen The Who twice recently and The Dolls twice. Dolls are much better and have as many original members. Of course I went to go see Aerosmith and Motley Crue instead.

No offense, but I do not care at all for your taste in music!!!!
9th November 2006 12:35 PM
Joey

9th November 2006 12:38 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

No offense, but I do not care at all for your taste in music!!!!

I have great taste in music but I admit it's not the sort of thing wealthy middle aged Barbra Streisand fans would be able to appreciate.
9th November 2006 02:36 PM
mojoman go see both!!!the who will finish early probably by 11 then jet back to frisco and see the dolls they probably wont come on till 12.30. thats the plan i have for philly on the 25th. luckily they are playing only three miles from each other. funny back in 04 david warmed up for the who at the garden.
9th November 2006 02:37 PM
pdog I missed the exit yesterday!
9th November 2006 03:34 PM
Saint Sway going to a fun double bill tonite. Bottle Rockets and The Yayhoos at the Mercury Lounge

caught an epic 3 hours plus Black Crowes show last night

its been a good week for live southern fried rock and roll for Mr Sway
9th November 2006 03:36 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
going to a fun double bill tonite. Bottle Rockets and The Yayhoos at the Mercury Lounge

caught an epic 3 hours plus Black Crowes show last night

its been a good week for live southern fried rock and roll for Mr Sway

I was hoping to keep going to shows all week but I think I picked something up on one of the city disease incubators on the way home from one of my weekend adventures.
9th November 2006 03:41 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:

I was hoping to keep going to shows all week but I think I picked something up on one of the city disease incubators on the way home from one of my weekend adventures.

9th November 2006 03:48 PM
WattsAtScotts

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

9th November 2006 04:03 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Dan wrote:

Ah yes, the rolling germ farms!
Well, let's hope it's "just a cold"...
9th November 2006 04:06 PM
Joey
quote:
WattsAtScotts wrote:

I like this !!!!!

I do !!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)