ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Apollo Theatre, Glasgow, Scotland - September 16, 1973
Michael Putland, from the 40x20 Exhibition, now on tour!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill's book signing and articles about Brian Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-06-02 09:35 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I just find it really sickening when people act like it was okay for Brian to beat Anita up. It seems like Brian fans think Anita somehow 'deserved' it. And NO woman or anyone else 'deserves' to get smacked around. I was appalled when I read about Keith hitting Anita when they had both reached rock bottom. I find that very sad.

Too true!- I can't remember which book it was,(but a similar theme often turns up in Stones folklore),and in it the author talked continualy about how Brian beat Anita, and then had the gall to accuse Anita, and Keith of disloyalty, and indirectly ending Brian when they hooked up, WTF???? Keith, and the others should've given Brian a good fucking hiding of his own, and then taken Anita out of it. As a society we take a very dim view of this type of behaviour, so why would Brian be excused? Because he was who he was? Or because he is dead? Another thing! Brian had a nasty, wicked streak beyond his treatment of women, some of his behaviour was beyond tasteless, and yet he continues to be held up as this wounded angel-Crap! He was a normal, although gifted individual who appears to have been a very selfish entity(as many of us can be),but he was the instrument of his own demise, and he was not the victim of an in-house conspiracy IMO. Although short of killing him he should've been! If he was fucking up my band, he could be the fucking King Of England, he'd still get elbowed.
11-06-02 09:51 PM
gypsy Thanks for that post! I've always felt that people tended to treat Anita unfairly, and branded her as a 'whore' and a 'slut.' I really don't like this 'blame the woman' attitude. I've seen so many people write about the Brian-Anita thing...and, they kind of say Anita deserves it because she hit Brian back?! WTF?! That is absolutely ridiculous!
I have talked to a lot of people who know Anita. They all say that she has been portrayed so unfairly, and that she actually a very sensitive woman, who is very sorry for her mistakes, and she really regrets a lot of her behavior. I think she is every bit a survivor as Keith is, and then some. At least Keith had his music when he kicked drugs. Anita didn't have anything left...no acting career, no looks, nothing. It had to be hard for her to watch Keith parading around with gorgeous Patti, while Anita was fat and bloated. She gave her daughter to Keith's mum because she was unable to care for her. She feels very guilty about that. She really wishes that she and Angela could be "mates, like Marlon and Keith." I think Anita is not the 'evil witch' that people think that she is. I really wish she'd write her bio. But, she won't, because she doesn't want to write anything bad about Keith or anyone else. She said on Johnny Walker's BBC radio program last year that all people want her to write about is trash and smut, and she isn't willing to do that.
11-06-02 11:36 PM
KeepRigidsLawyer So true! Anita was a fine woman. One should never hit a fine woman.
11-06-02 11:55 PM
gypsy Thanks, KRsL! You took the words right outta my mouth.
11-07-02 12:07 AM
Sir Stonesalot I don't know how true this is, and I can't claim that the story is valid...but I read that the reason for the Brian vs Anita punch up was because Anita refused to do a threesome with 2 Moroccan whores while Brian watched. When she refused Brian went nuts and beat the fuck out of her.

Like I said, I wasn't there, and I can't claim this story as the gospel. But I have seen this story more than once. I would hope that it isn't true. If it is, then I can't really blame Anita at all for leaving Brian. ANY woman would leave after something like that.
11-07-02 01:44 AM
Martha
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I don't know how true this is, and I can't claim that the story is valid...but I read that the reason for the Brian vs Anita punch up was because Anita refused to do a threesome with 2 Moroccan whores while Brian watched. When she refused Brian went nuts and beat the fuck out of her.

Like I said, I wasn't there, and I can't claim this story as the gospel. But I have seen this story more than once. I would hope that it isn't true. If it is, then I can't really blame Anita at all for leaving Brian. ANY woman would leave after something like that.

THANK YOU!
11-07-02 01:58 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I don't know how true this is, and I can't claim that the story is valid...but I read that the reason for the Brian vs Anita punch up was because Anita refused to do a threesome with 2 Moroccan whores while Brian watched. When she refused Brian went nuts and beat the fuck out of her.

I read that too! Absolutely disgusting! I'm pretty liberaly minded, but there are boundries. Who could blame Anita for saying no, he's lucky she stayed as long as she did. Anita was obviously no shrinking violet, and she was quite capable of playing in the big boys playground, but saying she deserved to be knocked around by anyone sucks! As for the witchcraft thing, well youth can make alot of things seem attractive, and I think she's paid her debts as gypsy says. Brian paid his as well, unfortunately for him, his loved ones, and music Brian paid the ultimate price, but that's life eh?
11-07-02 06:41 AM
Mother baby
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I really wish she'd write her bio. But, she won't, because she doesn't want to write anything bad about Keith or anyone else. She said on Johnny Walker's BBC radio program last year that all people want her to write about is trash and smut, and she isn't willing to do that.

Well that says something about her right there. The urge to hang out someone else's dirty laundry is pretty strong in most people...especially if there's cash involved.

11-07-02 07:26 AM
gypsymofo60 Which must surely raise her stature, right! WHo has the most to gain, and the least to lose from a tell-all shit spray?....Anita! But has she done it? NO!....Even in one off recent interviews there are places she cleverly skips around, because even now the old fox is far, far too fucking together to rat out. The Scott Cantrell incident is still murky, but what I've noticed is peoples morbid desire to burn a witch, ridiculous! Oh! I'm betting she more than dabbled, but prove it----eh? She's a person to respect in many ways.
11-07-02 01:28 PM
sasca Brian's body was ravaged, he was still taking too many prescription pills and drinking heavily - but he had cut back considerably. What the 'amphetamine-like' substance in his body was, I don't know. No-one seems to have bothered to find out. And I did not excuse Brian's behaviour - I questioned the truth of the Morocco story. I am completely opposed to violence against anyone. I don't care about their sex. I don't see why males should have to put up with it and I don't see why females should be treated as trembling flowers.
Page: 1 2