ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2004 Someone... pending credits - with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Six years ago... we miss him Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 1st, 2004 07:28 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Early morning today six years ago, our friend and fellow stones fan Temple Lee passed away after being hit by drunk driver, this is him with one of his best friends, Emily, at a Halloween party just a few hours before he was hit by the car.

Temple Charles Lee (b. June 25, 1978 d. November 1, 1998)

Rest in peace
November 1st, 2004 07:44 AM
Gazza Indeed. He was a nice kid and he was (and still is) a sad loss to the Stones community.

http://www.rocksoff.org/temple.htm
November 1st, 2004 08:53 AM
GerryS Thanks Voodoo for remembering Temple. Still miss him...he was a good friend and a good guy.
November 1st, 2004 11:10 AM
not bound to please
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Early morning today six years ago, our friend and fellow stones fan Temple Lee passed away after being hit by drunk driver, this is him with one of his best friends, Emily, at a Halloween party just a few hours before he was hit by the car.

Temple Charles Lee (b. June 25, 1978 d. November 1, 1998)

Rest in peace

Temple was a great guy, funny and smart and a huge part of Stonesworld. It was such a shock. We were wondering where he was. I think Maxy broke the news.

I forgot this was the sad aniversary.

RIP Temple

November 1st, 2004 12:14 PM
glencar RIP Temple. A lot of fun & a nice guy with plenty of Stones trivia on his mind.
November 1st, 2004 12:43 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
not bound to please wrote:
I think Maxy broke the news.

No, it was Temple's very own dad the one who gave the shocking news; he posted a message at our message board the next day after the tragic accident.
November 1st, 2004 12:53 PM
glencar Maxy might have been the one to tell Stonesworld. Or not. It's so long ago now.
November 1st, 2004 02:15 PM
kath sadly, i never knew him, but i did look at the link just the other day. very handsome young kid. very sad.

so sorry for those of you who knew him.
November 1st, 2004 02:18 PM
telecaster "Spare a thought" for "Tracy Gene" as well

Passed away last year

The Best
November 1st, 2004 02:23 PM
not bound to please
quote:
glencar wrote:
Maxy might have been the one to tell Stonesworld. Or not. It's so long ago now.

Yeah - I think so. Temple's Dad emailed him?

I can't believe it was that long ago.

November 1st, 2004 03:10 PM
jb I remember Temple as well...very sad such a young, vibrant person taken away by such an unnecessary act...
November 1st, 2004 03:12 PM
Joey

<--------------I remember Temple as well...very sad such a young, vibrant person taken away by such an unnecessary act...

November 1st, 2004 03:36 PM
nankerphelge My biggest regret is not having said hello to Temple at the DC Bridges show. He was in the crowd, not too far from where I was sitting.

But I didn't really know him, other than the fact he posted like a madman -- and I didn't take the time out to meet him here.

I regret that, and I always will!

Rock on bro -- we shoulda lit one up!!
November 1st, 2004 04:25 PM
gypsy Temple must have been a really great guy...I'm sorry I never got to "meet" him.
November 1st, 2004 04:43 PM
Riffhard Yeah Temple was a great Stones fan and a quality member of the old StoneWorld board. He is missed for sure. I often got into some long conversations with him way back then. He knew his shit for such a young guy. I'm convinced that he was Hopkin the Ferret. Those were some of the most funny posts ever. It seems like only yesterday that Hopkin was posting pure gold and,ofcourse Maxy's famous,errrr infamous,Friday Night Posts!

Riffhard
November 1st, 2004 05:32 PM
GerryS Riffhard..God do I remember those Hopkin the Ferret posts (I STILL have Hopkin the ferret the online one was named after..she's 7 1/2 years old now. If you remember we had a Name the Baby Ferret contest on Stonesworld and that's the only one she would answer to.Printed alot of them out..they would have me rolling on the floor! I almost but not quite got Temple to admit he was Hopkin. Man, those were fun times! Wish we could have that all back...back when the interent was alot of fun.
November 1st, 2004 06:52 PM
Riffhard Oh yeah Gerry! I remember that now. It was a ferret naming contest! I'd forgotten all about that. I'm glad to hear that Hopkin is alive and well. I'm sure that Temple was indeed Hopkin. He all but admitted it to me. However,the posts did stop after his death. He was a great kid.

Riffhard
November 2nd, 2004 01:25 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Oh yeah Gerry! I remember that now. It was a ferret naming contest! I'd forgotten all about that. I'm glad to hear that Hopkin is alive and well. I'm sure that Temple was indeed Hopkin. He all but admitted it to me. However,the posts did stop after his death. He was a great kid.

Riffhard

He also revived the dead board for a while, reposting old messages. I joined him in creating a ghost board over Flynn's final spam attack. Then others started responding thinking they were new posts. He had a wicked sense of humor.

Gerry - glad to hear Hopkin is still around. (this is the former Dandelion, by the way...in case you didn't know...) Hope you are well.

November 2nd, 2004 01:34 PM
glencar Hopkin! LOL Remember his incessant polls?
November 2nd, 2004 01:37 PM
glencar BTW Nice to see Gerry on line again. This is "Blue".
November 2nd, 2004 02:55 PM
Gazza
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

He also revived the dead board for a while, reposting old messages. I joined him in creating a ghost board over Flynn's final spam attack.

please dont mention the F-word ever on this board. It may self destruct.
November 2nd, 2004 03:10 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Gazza wrote:

please dont mention the F-word ever on this board. It may self destruct.

Sorry!

What the hell happened to her anyway? Committed?

November 2nd, 2004 03:39 PM
Gazza She was banned from this place as soon as it opened. Lets say she was the "founder member" of the "Rocks off" banned users list. In fact her bullshit on the official BTB site was the main reason why the three of us and Linda Wright jumped ship and formed "Goin Home" (which later evolved into "Rocks Off" when Linda gave up on GH). GH had to be eventually moderated after the bitch "found" it, because of the spamming.

Despite getting round the ban a few times, we eventually located to a board where you can ban by IP number if you really want to as well as screenname so she has never been able to spam this place.

She pretty much calmed down after about 2000-2001 (1998 was the absolute nadir. She singlehandedly spammed into oblivion about 6-7 Stones message boards including TWO official ones. She even posted a message under my screenname on Exileonstonesworld where "I" had announced I was going to come to some 1999 US shows and cause so much mayhem it would make Altamont look like a tea party. I kid you not.). Pretty much all of the boards and digests banned her or tipped each other off about her once she showed up there so that they COULD ban her. The official sites were the exception as they basically didnt give a fuck and allowed her to make them unreadable, often posting about 50-100 posts a day, most of which were either the same post repeated over and over and which often just consisted of her screenname or whatever dopey slogan she'd invented that week). However, as far as I'm aware someone did tip people close to the band off about this unhinged woman on the internet. they DO read these boards and that kind of behaviour stuck out a mile. She drove to all of the NS shows accompanied by her cat (!) and I was told by someone who used to post here who got e-mail from her that she tried to bill Mick for the wear and tear on her car which accumulated due to the thousands of miles she drove during those 3 months.

I think she kept her own little site going for a while. Its hard on the eyes and she was about the only poster on it, having debates with herself about the Stones under a variety of pseudonyms designed to make it look like it was a busy message board.

She reappeared as "Rollin Stoli" on the IORR board when it started a couple of years ago. The posting style (lots of shouting, caps, and use of >>>>>> and other such oddities and ramblings are a dead giveaway) Hardly anyone there has been around long enough to know her history. In fact, they seem to think shes a guy and just some kind of odd, harmless kook. She posted a lot there during the Licks tour (rarely anything remotely sensible or that generated lots of replies) - but nothing too outrageous or threatening to be honest. Her personality was still weird but not the out and out lunatic psycho of the BTB tour. I guess they got something worked out with her medication.

Since then, I have hardly seen her on IORR in about a year apart from a couple of posts a few months ago. Either shes in the loony bin or has found something else to do with her life for a while. I get the impression her level of fanaticism was relatively recent. She used to always boast that she lost her cherry listening to the Stones when their first record was released in 1963 (which is bullshit as no one in the midwest USA would have heard of them until almost a year later) but even though she went to over 50 shows on the BTB/NS tour, I have to this day never seen her post anything that would give the impression she had any interest in the band or had gone to see them prior to 1997.
November 2nd, 2004 03:48 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Gazza wrote:
and I was told by someone who used to post here who got e-mail from her that she tried to bill Mick for the wear and tear on her car which accumulated due to the thousands of miles she drove during those 3 months.

THAT is classic!

Wasn't she also stalking Keith's guitar tech?

I love these boards. You can't make characters like these up, although I've always wondered if people like her aren't just band employees fucking around on the road.

Is Mary Manning still around? My all time fave. I swear she was an outsider performance artist/accidental poet. Brilliant.

November 2nd, 2004 04:00 PM
swapwoodfortaylor Oh No! Not another drunk driver 'bleedin heart' killed me story!!! Look at the truth...more drunk redestrians get killed by drivers than sober pedestrians get killed by drunk drivers. FACT. Unfortunately 'the truth hearts thickos'!!
November 2nd, 2004 04:03 PM
GerryS Dandelion, no I didn't know that was you and Blue didn't know that was you either!!! By the way, I haven't been offline in all this time. I've had a website and message board for Brian since Stonesworld shut down.

Reminiscing about Hopkin the Ferret (on Stonesworld) I used to love how he was very fond of eating peoples eyes ("they taste like apricots!") and also threatened to urinate on everyone (except me!!!! Wasn't I special???!!!)
November 2nd, 2004 04:18 PM
nankerphelge I'm still nankerphelge.

For what its worth...

Gerry - didn't you go to the Buffalo BTB show -- I seem to recall you were there. I wanted to go to that show -- Buffalo holds a special place as '81 was my first Stones show there!
November 2nd, 2004 04:45 PM
swapwoodfortaylor .....and the other Nanker is alive and well in Sussex UK
November 2nd, 2004 04:52 PM
not bound to please
quote:
swapwoodfortaylor wrote:
Oh No! Not another drunk driver 'bleedin heart' killed me story!!! Look at the truth...more drunk redestrians get killed by drivers than sober pedestrians get killed by drunk drivers. FACT. Unfortunately 'the truth hearts thickos'!!

You're an idiot and an asshole.

November 2nd, 2004 05:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
swapwoodfortaylor wrote:
Oh No! Not another drunk driver 'bleedin heart' killed me story!!! Look at the truth...more drunk redestrians get killed by drivers than sober pedestrians get killed by drunk drivers. FACT. Unfortunately 'the truth hearts thickos'!!

You fucking vile, loathsome CUNT!!!! How DARE you insult someone's memory with a post like that - especially by making insinuations about a guy when you dont even know a thing about him.

You're history on this site. Fuck off.

PS : if youre going to call people 'thickos', at least learn how to spell "hurts" properly. It only makes YOU look stupid.
Page: 1 2