ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Toyota Center Houston, TX, 1st December 2005
© Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sending good wishes to California! Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd October 2007 07:15 PM
LadyJane These fires are unbelievable.
Mother Nature can be a real bitch, no?

Hope all our West Coast RO'ers and their families are safe.

LJ.
23rd October 2007 07:21 PM
fireontheplatter i've been watching these fires on the news...unbelieveable.
23rd October 2007 07:32 PM
steel driving hammer
23rd October 2007 07:33 PM
pdog god is punishing us...
23rd October 2007 07:34 PM
Sioux Just terrible... I used to live out there, and the fires
seemed to get worse every year. There was always TV
footage of movie stars running out of their houses in
shock and horror. I remember seeing all of that as a
young child. Hoping and praying that the winds subside
and that no more homes/businesses are lost...
23rd October 2007 07:39 PM
MrPleasant Good luck, people. California is good because women are easy and you can plant aguacate. (Yes, I'm getting drunk again. Let's see if my posts, this night, are as bad as the ones from yesterday.)
23rd October 2007 07:43 PM
steel driving hammer The southern California wildfires are shown in this satellite image provided by NASA on October 23, 2007. REUTERS/NASA/

Horses stand in a pen as fire threatens the Bonita neighborhood in San Diego, California. More than 300,000 people have been evacuated and around 1,000 homes destroyed as ferocious wildfires raged unchecked for a third day across California on Tuesday.(AFP/

23rd October 2007 07:43 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Good luck, people. California is good because women are easy and you can plant aguacate. (Yes, I'm getting drunk again. Let's see if my posts, this night, are as bad as the ones from yesterday.)

best quit while you're ahead
23rd October 2007 07:46 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

best quit while you're ahead

That's what they said to Steve McQueen, and he said: fuck! I'm gonna rape nuns and that's why people will put posters of me, hanging on their walls.
23rd October 2007 07:49 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

That's what they said to Steve McQueen, and he said: fuck! I'm gonna rape nuns and that's why people will put posters of me, hanging on their walls.

ok, back to the fires and sympathy to the rich people [most of] whos houses are burning down
23rd October 2007 07:51 PM
steel driving hammer Global Warming?
23rd October 2007 07:55 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Global Warming?

i was thinking mr pleasant was out there on a sunny day with a magnifying glass
23rd October 2007 08:01 PM
gorda
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

I WANT A BABY!

I WANT TO BE A MOMMY NOW!

. . . sigh . . .
23rd October 2007 08:02 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

i was thinking mr pleasant was out there on a sunny day with a magnifying glass

I am as harmless as a baby. on crack.
23rd October 2007 08:12 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
gorda wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

I WANT A BABY!

I WANT TO BE A MOMMY NOW!

. . . sigh . . .

i think mr pleasant is available. but he seems to be a crack baby with a drinking problem who likes to start fires.

still interested?
23rd October 2007 08:20 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

i think mr pleasant is available. but he seems to be a crack baby with a drinking problem who likes to start fires.

still interested?

Stop being a cupid. I would be a horrible father.
23rd October 2007 08:27 PM
gorda No, I don't want a husband! I want a baby! I want to be a mother. But, I guess that will never happen, because I am taking a lot of prescription drugs to control my blood pressure. And, if I get pregnant I cannot take the blood pressure medicine because that would be harmful to the baby. But, if I stop taking the medicine, my blood pressure goes up and I could have a stroke or a heart attack. Oh well.

I'm thinking of getting a puppy.
23rd October 2007 08:31 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
gorda wrote:
No, I don't want a husband! I want a baby! I want to be a mother. But, I guess that will never happen, because I am taking a lot of prescription drugs to control my blood pressure. And, if I get pregnant I cannot take the blood pressure medicine because that would be harmful to the baby. But, if I stop taking the medicine, my blood pressure goes up and I could have a stroke or a heart attack. Oh well.

no worries. mr pleasant has just the drug for you.

i think you two would make a lovely couple.
23rd October 2007 09:26 PM
MrPleasant Mr Pleasant is happy.
24th October 2007 11:43 AM
Slavegirl Pretty weird out here in the L.A. area...the sky is orange and it smells like smoke on and off. I'm safe in my area though but thanks everyone for the well wishes...we're used to wild fires out here but I don't think we've seen anything of this calibur for a long long time.
24th October 2007 11:49 AM
gypsy
quote:
gorda wrote:
No, I don't want a husband! I want a baby! I want to be a mother. But, I guess that will never happen, because I am taking a lot of prescription drugs to control my blood pressure. And, if I get pregnant I cannot take the blood pressure medicine because that would be harmful to the baby. But, if I stop taking the medicine, my blood pressure goes up and I could have a stroke or a heart attack. Oh well.

You are fast becoming one of my favorite posters!
Get a goldfish.
24th October 2007 11:54 AM
egon i have some family living in CA.
one of my cousins woke up at 4AM, as her garden was on fire.
she was evacuated together with her 12 horses.
her house is now gone.

This shit happens every year here in the south of france.
usually some fucked up person did it.
but i don't thin we ever experienced anything on this scale

all the best to everyone there
24th October 2007 12:48 PM
doo doo doo Dude Like Slavegirl said, lots of smoke and terrible air quality here in L.A. but for the most part we were spared. Seems San Diego and San Berdo got fucked the worst. I know a few people that were evacuated but getting word back that their homes were spared. Feel bad for those who weren't.

Weather's starting to cool a little so I think the tide is turning.
24th October 2007 04:45 PM
glencar This disco inferno is amazing! It never stops! At least one of the fires appears to be deliberately set. What a difference between the great organization of the displaced folks & their various animals compared to Louisiana. Gov. Schwarzennegger has done a nice job. Plus FEMA appears to be working right this time. I hope all goes well.
24th October 2007 05:04 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
This disco inferno is amazing! It never stops! At least one of the fires appears to be deliberately set. What a difference between the great organization of the displaced folks & their various animals compared to Louisiana. Gov. Schwarzennegger has done a nice job. Plus FEMA appears to be working right this time. I hope all goes well.

You know, it's white people and the homes are worth alot more money... Homeowners ins. is on the line, so people react b/c of the bottom line, and that's the bottom line...
24th October 2007 05:14 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:

You know, it's white people and the homes are worth alot more money... Homeowners ins. is on the line, so people react b/c of the bottom line, and that's the bottom line...

Not to mention all the big checks that get written to political candidates from Rancho Santa Fe!
24th October 2007 05:23 PM
glencar Yes but I've seen many black/Latino families at that Qualcomm Stadium. I think people have learned their lessons all around, from pols to poor people. I hope so, anyway.
24th October 2007 05:28 PM
tookthatname Everything is ok here where i live. As it is i'm in the middle of 3 fires but they are all about 20 miles apart. luckily the fire that started by the border went northwest, because it would have hit Tijuana if it had gone southwest. That would have been a MAJOR DISASTER. They have to truck water to every house fire anyways because in many neighborhoods the sewer can't handle it.

As was pointed out most of it is going through well to do neighborhoods with people who can afford insurance. Not to make light of it, but it will be more a big inconvenience than if someone who has no insurance were to get hit. 99% of them will recover from it

Air is bad though. i smoke maybe 2 packs a day, but this air has me feeling like 2 days after you get over the flu. Voice has changes in the last 2 days too. I've only really been getting in 4 hours of work then have to quite.

maybe 1/16 of an inch or so of ash inside my apartment all over everything, anyone wanna help mop it?
27th October 2007 06:36 PM
tookthatname Just got a few drops of rain, should help with the last of the fires
28th October 2007 02:33 AM
Olivia1962 I just got home from Mexico tonight i can tell the air is thicker. I can barley see the moon.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)