ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: " Good News -- We Got A Hit " ... ( N.S.C. ) ..... Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st November 2006 09:30 AM
Joey
......... YES !!!!

I now proclaim " Endless Wire " the BEST WHO ALBUM SINCE QUADROPHENIA !!!!!

Word .

Some of your young Joey's favorite tracks :

We Got A Hit
Mirror Door
Endless Wire
Sound Round
It's Not Enough
Tea and Theatre

.............and your's ?!?!

YES !!!!!!

Joe Sea

[cc:ss]
[Edited by Joey]
1st November 2006 09:32 AM
WattsAtScotts Mike Post Theme
We Got A Hit
Pick Up The Peace
Black Widow's Eyes
Mirror Door
It's Not Enough
God Speaks, Of Marty Robbins
Tea & Theatre
Endless Wire
1st November 2006 09:34 AM
Lavendar WOW- If Joey says its GREAT!
Coool!
WOOO WHOOOOOOOO!
*_*
1st November 2006 10:12 AM
Homercles That's a big call, Quad. is such a great album and totally underrated too. What's Roger's voice like on the new album?
1st November 2006 10:17 AM
Joey
quote:
Lavendar wrote:
WOW- If Joey says its GREAT!
Coool!
WOOO WHOOOOOOOO!
*_*

1st November 2006 10:18 AM
Joey
quote:
Homercles wrote:
What's Roger's voice like on the new album?

Excellent !

I HIGHLY recommend picking up this Disc ....HIGHLY !

[Edited by Joey]
1st November 2006 06:58 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Homercles wrote:
That's a big call, Quad. is such a great album and totally underrated too. What's Roger's voice like on the new album?

Yep music is not bad on EW, but Roger's voice, hum..., no highs left all so it seems like he's forcing it all the time, like at that 2001 post 9/11 show, at this point I'm finding it really annoying.
2nd November 2006 12:33 AM
StarvinMarvin C'mon, you can tell the truth - the new Who album actually sucks ass.

Look, I'm a huge Who fan, but I can't see how the new album could actually be good. No Moon? No Entwhistle? Besides, Pete hasn't written a good song since '5:15,' and Roger sings like he's constipated and chocking on his own vomit at the same time. I love Roger, but his "old man" voice is retarded.
2nd November 2006 04:05 AM
Zack
quote:
Joey wrote:

Excellent !

I HIGHLY recommend picking up this Disc ....HIGHLY !

That is fucking great photograph. It'll be a while till I get the album, but I have a few cuts from a show in June.

[Edited by Joey]

2nd November 2006 10:08 AM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

......... YES !!!!

I now proclaim " Endless Wire " the BEST WHO ALBUM SINCE QUADROPHENIA !!!!!

your arse! That honour still and always shall belong to the absolutely wonderful and criminally underrated ...

"Who are you" is better too. I'll need a few more listens before comparing it to the two post-Moon albums.

I have been hummin' the title song a lot, however.
[Edited by Gazza]
2nd November 2006 10:14 AM
Some Guy " Good News -- I took a shit " ... ( N.S.C. ) .....
2nd November 2006 10:23 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

your arse! That honour still and always shall belong to the absolutely wonderful and criminally underrated ...

"Who are you" is better too. I'll need a few more listens before comparing it to the two post-Moon albums.

I have been hummin' the title song a lot, however.

Gazza ................

The new album gets better with each listen --- the key ingredient to a true " Classic " .

2nd November 2006 10:24 AM
Joey
quote:
StarvinMarvin wrote:
C'mon, you can tell the truth - the new Who album actually sucks ass.

You make Joey very sad.
2nd November 2006 10:29 AM
glencar
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

Yep music is not bad on EW, but Roger's voice, hum..., no highs left all so it seems like he's forcing it all the time, like at that 2001 post 9/11 show, at this point I'm finding it really annoying.

INDEED! It's hard to listen to some of the old powerful hits because Rodge can't carry 'em. See: Who Are You & Won't Get Fooled Again. Ballads like Real Good :ooking Boy & Man In A Purple Dress work much better. I know Joey doesn't want to hear this but it's true.
2nd November 2006 10:30 AM
glencar Joey, looks like you're outvoted yet again! Shades of next Tuesday???
2nd November 2006 10:31 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
INDEED! It's hard to listen to some of the old powerful hits because Rodge can't carry 'em. See: Who Are You & Won't Get Fooled Again. Ballads like Real Good :ooking Boy & Man In A Purple Dress work much better. I know Joey doesn't want to hear this but it's true.

Blue ................................

I listened to " Man In a Purple Dress " on the way into work this morning and I have fallen in love with this tune .........

.......and you ?! ™
2nd November 2006 10:33 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joey, looks like you're outvoted yet again! Shades of next Tuesday???

Two Words Blue .......

Subpoena Power

You and your little party ( Lil' Fiji ) are going right down the friggin tubes this Tuesday .

Can not WAIT ..... !!!

" We got fooled again Ronnie ! "

Kins
2nd November 2006 10:34 AM
glencar I don't have this CD yet. I am still cradling The Who At Jones Beach to my ample bosom. I think you need to order it. Pete was quite surly yet funny. Like me!
2nd November 2006 10:41 AM
Joey " Pete was quite surly yet funny. Like me! "

I Like you .....

I also like new material ! :

" How dare you wear robes and reside
How dare you cover your head to hide
Your face from God

How dare you smile from behind your beard
To hide the fact that your hearts are feared
And wave your rod

How dare you be the one to assess
Me in this godforsaken mess
You, a man in a purple dress
A man in a purple dress

When you place your frown
Between my God and prayer
However grand your crown
Or dignified your hair
Men above men all prats
In your high hats

You priest, you mullah so high
You pope, you wise rabbi
You're invisible to me
Like vapor from the sea

I lovingly mock you noble lords
We all dress up to grand awards
I do that as well

I dare condemn your fashion sense
At least you're not astride the fence
That wouldn't sell

But I will deliver this address
Your souls conditioned don't impress
You, a man in a purple dress
A man in a purple dress "

http://www.lyricsdir.com/the-who-a-man-in-a-purple-dress-lyrics.html
2nd November 2006 11:12 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

Blue ................................

I listened to " Man In a Purple Dress " on the way into work this morning and I have fallen in love with this tune .........

.......and you ?! ™

BEST SONG ON RECORD
2nd November 2006 11:14 AM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

BEST SONG ON RECORD

I would like to nuzzle you .

Please give " Mirror Door " another listen this afternoon and thank me later .

J. " Snuggles " Fly !
2nd November 2006 11:16 AM
Some Guy Dudes are old.
2nd November 2006 11:20 AM
nanatod Joey, I'm going to re-post this from the other thread:

"...Pete Townsend and Rachel Fuller return to the Chicago area on December 9, 2006, but this time are playing Martyrs...

Martyrs'
3855 N. Lincoln Ave.
Dec. 9: 7 p.m.
Price: $50; $300 meet and greet.
Phone: 773-404-9869"

Martyrs is really, really small, so if I were you, Joey, I'd make reservations to fly into Chicago, and see this show. It's only Fifty Bucks!

2nd November 2006 12:19 PM
Joey
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Joey, I'm going to re-post this from the other thread:

"...Pete Townsend and Rachel Fuller return to the Chicago area on December 9, 2006, but this time are playing Martyrs...

Martyrs'
3855 N. Lincoln Ave.
Dec. 9: 7 p.m.
Price: $50; $300 meet and greet.
Phone: 773-404-9869"

Martyrs is really, really small, so if I were you, Joey, I'd make reservations to fly into Chicago, and see this show. It's only Fifty Bucks!

Thanks nanatod .

I might just do it !!!!!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !
2nd November 2006 12:25 PM
Jumping Jack Under 18 get in free?
2nd November 2006 12:28 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Under 18 get in free?

Ouch !
2nd November 2006 01:34 PM
nanatod
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Under 18 get in free?

Never. Martyrs is a bar. No one allowed in under 21, and they card.

Venue capacity is probably just a couple hundred people.

It's probably half the size of the Double Door, the scene of an apparently legendary Stones show.
[Edited by nanatod]
2nd November 2006 01:52 PM
Madafaka
2nd November 2006 02:20 PM
Jumping Jack Joeykins, I am really having a hard time with the Who2. Sadly, I am a simple minded fool who knows what he likes and doesn't like pretty quickly. It rocks and blows me away or it doesn't. As a wise man once sang, if you can't rock me somebody will.

Besides not rocking, I can't relate to the new material at all. If Pete wants to rip on religion why not start with the crazies blowing up innocents and flying airplanes into buildings instead of Catholics? In this age of terrorism and cutting people's heads off who wants a song about falling in love with your terrorist? I don't watch CSI and could care less about TV theme songs. I much prefer beer, vodka, and arena rock to tea parties at the theater which also happens to be the worst encore song in the history of rock and roll.

Give me sex, drugs, rock and roll any day.

Have I changed or has everyone else around me changed including the musicians? I am obviously a dinosaur in the minority these days.

Sorry if I don't fit in with the majority opinion here, but that's who I am and what I like. My reward for 40 years of being a rock fan is being told I am too old and ugly to attend the Beacon, too stupid to write a compelling essay, not worthy of a show after paying a $1000 in travel costs, and have unrealistic expectations that a group of 60-year olds like The Who might actaully play their most popular hits.

Rock is dead they say. I think this is 99% true.

[Edited by Jumping Jack]
2nd November 2006 02:24 PM
glencar I just got my pix back from Jones Beach. Yes, twas a loverly night.

JJ, you simply must give the Two a shot. You make a good point about them going after the easy target but that'll never change.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)