ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Halloween Everyone (never's too late to scare you all, will ya?)
Beacon Theatre, NYC - 1st November 2006
© GotToRollMe
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I'm Done Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
29th October 2006 03:14 PM
purrcafe
quote:
StarvinMarvin wrote:
Travelling across the continent to see a group of 60-something drug addicts with arthritis and emphasima is a risky idea.

Prior to the advent of the internet, I doubt that the number of people seeing shows in multiple cities or continents was anywhere near what it is now. It's definitely a disappointment to those of you who won't be able to make it back in mid-November, but getting tickets to shows hundreds or thousands of miles away is a roll of the dice, no matter if it's the old guard, like the Stones, or a young band just hitting their stride.
29th October 2006 03:28 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
They never cancelled Buenos Aires

Seriously, you have seen Stones in NY a million of times! Think a minute if you live in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, and ever Puerto Rico or Mexico.
You still are lucky guys! Remember it!

Luck has nothing to do with it...these people shell out a lot of cash to see the Stones...air fare, hotels, not to mention tickets...it ain't luck...it's business and these folks got jewed
29th October 2006 03:55 PM
LadyJane SO I hear Mick was singing away to Sympathy yesterday at the Beacon.

Lots of pics with Bill Clinton.

I'm VERY tempted NOT to return to AC.

YOu lying bastards!!!!

LJ.
29th October 2006 04:08 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
SO I hear Mick was singing away to Sympathy yesterday at the Beacon.

Lots of pics with Bill Clinton.

I'm VERY tempted NOT to return to AC.

YOu lying bastards!!!!

LJ.

You can always refund the ticket and play the wait and see game... It sends them a strong message... Upon further reflection, a sucker like me would return if the the door of oppurtunity opened...
29th October 2006 04:25 PM
LadyJane
quote:
pdog wrote:

You can always refund the ticket and play the wait and see game... It sends them a strong message... Upon further reflection, a sucker like me would return if the the door of oppurtunity opened...

You know......I am really tempted.

BUT....jaggergrrl is going back WITH her kids. God she broke my heart this a.m. She wrote a letter that NEEDS TO BE POSTED ON EVERY BOARD. She's sending it to rs.com but that will do NOTHING.

I want it posted...I want it to get to the Band.

My friends are going back.
And right now I love my friends so much that I owe it more to them to return than I do to stiff the Greed Machine.

Thanks to all for lifting me out of my funk.

I know I took it harder than most and probably overreacted.
But I've endured SO much loss this year...and this just felt like another knife in the heart.

Jagger....you and I need to talk!!!!!!!!

LJ.
29th October 2006 04:29 PM
Dan Anybody in LA want to go see Gwar with me in a few weeks?
29th October 2006 05:01 PM
purrcafe
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

these folks got jewed

Nice.
29th October 2006 05:17 PM
Sir Stonesalot I can understand where those of you who want to return for the 11/17 show are coming from.

But don't do it. Please.

Have some integrity. Don't let them shit on you like this. Stones Inc MUST be shown that they just CANNOT continue to treat people like this. Nope, not without financial repercussions.

I know that the lure of "this might be the last time I get to see them" is strong. I know the pull of meeting up with your cyber pals is so very tempting.

But you know, 11/17 should NOT have been it for you. You SHOULD have already seen that show. Mick wasn't sick. He did a full rehearsal the next afternoon at the Beacon. You were LIED to. You were treated like fuckin' cattle. Stones Inc just assumes that you will take whatever shit you are handed, and eat it up with a spoon. And then ask for seconds.

C'mon folks...when is enough, enough? When are we gonna stand up for ourselves and say..."No more."

Get your refunds, and keep that money in yer pocket. Stand up and be counted. We are FANS, the people who provide the Stones with all that money...we are NOT fuckin' cattle!

Do the right thing. Get your money back and give Stones Inc the finger.
30th October 2006 08:55 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Luck has nothing to do with it...these people shell out a lot of cash to see the Stones...air fare, hotels, not to mention tickets...it ain't luck...it's business and these folks got jewed

Business are business... And Mick knows this business pretty well!
30th October 2006 09:38 AM
Gazza
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Business are business... And Mick knows this business pretty well!

the lack of demand for overpriced tickets in stadiums in the last few months would appear to suggest that his (and Cohl's) much lauded 'knowledge' isnt quite as sharp as some like to think it is.

Their greed has bitten them in the arse several times of late.
30th October 2006 09:52 AM
Joey " Now, it's personal. They snubbed me. This is like catching my wife cheating. They betrayed me. If they were close by, and doing a open fan greet. I'd go, but I'd tell them the fuck off.
They gave me one thing. I didn't get left alone. I got you guys. All the great people I met and hung with.
They're dead to me! I will never put myself in a position to be fucked over like this again.
I was really looking forward to seeing JB. We can laugh it off, and Jb hung tough. They fucked us all on so many levels...
Unless you've never seen them, let it end at The Beacon and whatever they decide to rol lout here...
I'm done with this, I don't know about anyone else.
I got my memories, the music and you guys..."

Does this mean you will be joining the Democratic Party ?!?!
30th October 2006 10:16 AM
polytoxic What a shitty way for the band to go out - out of touch, prisoners of their own hype, doing it completely for the money and overstaying their welcome.
It could have been a great victory lap, a celebration of the music, an affirmation of the legacy.
Instead it's all this. It's a crying fucking shame, it is.
30th October 2006 10:41 AM
Joey " Instead it's all this. It's a crying fucking shame,
it is. "

We will ALWAYS have Paris .

30th October 2006 11:01 AM
polytoxic
Hey, don't be giving MIck ideas for the duet on Stray Cat Blues tomorrow.

30th October 2006 12:05 PM
monkey_man I'm returning my FL 1 row 17 ticket for the AC show even though it makes me sick to do so!
30th October 2006 12:11 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Here's hoping that the door of opportunity opens, then.
Things got real crazy real fast on Friday. We didn't get to hang out nearly enough. I hope we all get together at least once more before this is all over.
30th October 2006 01:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot So....get together then. You don't need Stones Inc's permission to do that.

Way back when, 10 of us got together in CLEVELAND of all places, just to hang out and party with each other. We needed no excuse other than we felt like hanging out with each other. We didn't need a show, or an event as an excuse...we just did it because we wanted to.

So if you wanna hang out with everyone again, you can, and you should. Simply pick a time and place, and go for it.

Cash in your AC tix, and use that money towards a summit someplace. Just don't give that money to Stones Inc. They don't deserve that cash.
30th October 2006 01:07 PM
Joey " Way back when, 10 of us got together in CLEVELAND of all places, just to hang out and party with each other. We needed no excuse other than we felt like hanging out with each other. We didn't need a show, or an event as an excuse...we just did it because we wanted to.

So if you wanna hang out with everyone again, you can, and you should. Simply pick a time and place, and go for it.

Cash in your AC tix, and use that money towards a summit someplace. Just don't give that money to Stones Inc. They don't deserve that cash. "

I say we have a reunion next summer .

Max can park the cars .

{ CA - FRIGGIN - RACK }

H.R. Puffin Joe
30th October 2006 01:10 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Joey wrote:
Max can park the cars .

How come I can't park the fucking cars?

Get It On Rider!!!
30th October 2006 01:14 PM
Dan I say we have it at the House Of Blues on November 20. Just don't wear anything too nice.
30th October 2006 01:31 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

You know......I am really tempted.

BUT....jaggergrrl is going back WITH her kids. God she broke my heart this a.m. She wrote a letter that NEEDS TO BE POSTED ON EVERY BOARD. She's sending it to rs.com but that will do NOTHING.

I want it posted...I want it to get to the Band.

My friends are going back.
And right now I love my friends so much that I owe it more to them to return than I do to stiff the Greed Machine.

Thanks to all for lifting me out of my funk.

I know I took it harder than most and probably overreacted.
But I've endured SO much loss this year...and this just felt like another knife in the heart.

Jagger....you and I need to talk!!!!!!!!

LJ.

I would love to read it...
30th October 2006 02:17 PM
LadyJane
quote:
pdog wrote:

I would love to read it...

It NEEDS to be read BY ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
30th October 2006 02:34 PM
F505 Leave the Stones alone and go visit Patti Smith!
30th October 2006 03:32 PM
Joey
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

How come I can't park the fucking cars?

I have seen you drive .

Shiver .......................
30th October 2006 03:33 PM
Saint Sway its disgusting how little the Stones care about their fans. They MUST know how many fans travel thousands of miles across country and across continents to see them out laying $$$$$$ just for the opportunity to drop another $500 to see them play 18-19 songs.

Its gross. Completely disheartening.

Especially since we live in a time where most bands give back to their fans and try and establish a connection and a community with fan clubs, discounts, meet and greets, live recordings, exclusive tickets...

Stones are the best. But you cant just take, take, take from your fans all the time. You have to give back once in awhile and you have to respect them ALWAYS

I commend PDog and others for taking a stand. We've all taken a lot from this band with a smile on our face. But there comes a time when you have to stand up and say enough.

And you, you want to be heard
But none of us understand a word
And you, you want to be free
Then dont speak like a slave to me.

30th October 2006 03:36 PM
F505 I predicted this in 1983
30th October 2006 03:49 PM
pdog Admitting this to my friends here in SF, is not something I want to do...
Seriously, I've been given the sideways glance, and heard all the remarks from my friends. People I know who love The Stones, but gave up ever seeing them again years ago. I guess they kinda understood, I was a die-hard til the end. Telling people about this experience, it's truly humiliating. Besides my wife and son, I haven't had the courage to talk about this to my friends. I'm that fucking emberassed... I've been able to share about the amount of money I spent and deal with the weird looks and head shaking. This, I can't stand to admit to, how much I got played and shit on...
I'm about to go downstairs, make a copy of my AC ticket, put it in a USPS Priority mailer and send it to the addy for my refund... I'm looking at this ticket, right now as I type. I paid $450.00 for it. I'm thinking to myself, would it have been worth it really? Seriously, worth it, to spend thar much on that show? I'm trying really hard to reconcile this shit... You know what, it wouldn't have been worth it, for the show. The money I spent around the show, no problem to see old friends, and make some new ones. I have no problem just letting my Oakland ticket go unused. The thing is, I know someone would love to have it, but if it was used, I would stil be giving in. In some way, not using it, may be the one chance I have to reconcile this. I feel like such an asshole... What happened to me and how I feel, it's a punchline. There's much worse in the world, I'm going to be fine, this isn't some pitty party, it's just a deep understanding of just how bad greed is, and just how lame this band has become...
30th October 2006 03:57 PM
F505 There is a life after the Stones. Trust me. Leaving them behind is almost a relief. I cherish (always will) their great records and live shows from the past. These memories are strong enough.
30th October 2006 03:58 PM
pdog
quote:
F505 wrote:
There is a life after the Stones. Trust me. Leaving them behind is almost a relief. I cherish (always will) their great records and live shows from the past. These memories are strong enough.

Will you be my grievance counselor... I can walk through this...
30th October 2006 04:01 PM
Saint Sway Pdog,
It was great meeting you in AC!

I fully understand your feelings and commend you on your actions.

Sadly, the Stones arent about the music anymore. But I hope to be able to look you up the next time I'm in SF and hopefully we can catch some good rock and roll music from a band or two with their feet still on the ground and their hands off our wallets.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)