ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

REUTERS/Fred Prouser
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pick One Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-25-02 12:07 AM
TomL What song do you want to hear the most this tour. I already got mine Rip This Joint. But, I would love to hear Salt of the earth at MSG on the HBO special the 18th of Jan.
10-25-02 01:02 AM
beer Hmmmmm, tough question. I want to hear rarities, like these:

Sway, Child of the moon, Torn and frayed, No Expectations, Jigsaw Puzzle, Citadel, Luxury, Slave, and Let it loose.

But if I had to choose one, I'd probably go with Sway.
10-25-02 01:11 AM
hearts4sale damn...this really IS a tough question...
have to choose ..shoot...gotta have a couple daze to think 'bout this one...
later...
10-25-02 01:11 AM
parmeda One, is such a lonely number Tom...

I've crossed my fingers waiting to hear a few 'Aftermath' numbers at the shows I've been to, with no such luck.

That's ok, Mick & Keith are waiting for January, when they return to Chicago...I'm holding out for 'Paint It Black' & 'Under My Thumb'.
10-25-02 04:53 AM
dealer squealing I�d go for Soul Survivor!!
10-25-02 05:06 AM
luxury1 Hand of Fate live has gotta be great.
10-25-02 07:53 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Hmm...

These setlists are the best ever...

Hmmm...

I'm gonna say... damn.

Let's go with "Around And Around" for the club shows. Hearin' that like they did at the El Mocambo would be priceless. I wouldn't mind "Twenty Flight Rock", either.

And we have yet to hear Keith do either "Connection" or "You Got The Silver", yes? As long as he doesn't drag out "Sleep Tonight" we'll be ok...

-tSYX --- I'm much too tired to run...
10-25-02 09:42 AM
Lazy Bones After CYHMK was rehearsed and played at the Palais, it was probably my number one choice (and I got it - twice).
Others topping the list:
Sway
Mannish Boy
Winter
Have You Seen Your Mother..
No Expectations

I have a feeling about Winter in Montreal 8th January, though.
10-25-02 11:09 AM
F505 let it loose
10-25-02 12:59 PM
steel driving hammer She Said Yeah.
10-25-02 12:59 PM
littleredrooster JIGSAW PUZZLE !!!!!!!
10-25-02 01:03 PM
stonesmik 18 minute soul funk reggae rock version of "Slave".
10-25-02 01:04 PM
moy of course cyhmk with woody at his best
10-25-02 01:30 PM
steel driving hammer You got what you want Moy!!!

GET IT ON RIDER!!!

10-25-02 01:35 PM
Child of the Moon I'd kill to hear my namesake played live, but as far as a REALISTIC choice goes, I'd love to hear 'em play Winter. Maybe She Smiled Sweetly at a larger venue, like the Tacoma Dome, perhaps...
10-25-02 06:08 PM
Gazza You Cant Catch Me - ideally on a b-stage

Good to see you back,Tom

sorry we missed you at Giants - believe me,we LOOKED!!
hope you got the private message I sent you
10-25-02 06:14 PM
Jaxx soul survivor, stop breaking down, torn and frayed (doubtful because the mini exile set did not include these) time waits for no one, jigsaw puzzle, honest i do, she was hot.

i was fortunate enough to catch "mannish boy", lazy bones, and it was awesome.
[Edited by Jaxx]
10-25-02 06:32 PM
mick&keith Sway would be good, Winter even better, Slave was another excellent suggestion but I would love to hear Hey Negrita!!
10-25-02 08:36 PM
beer
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
Maybe She Smiled Sweetly at a larger venue, like the Tacoma Dome, perhaps...

That'd be cool! I'll be at the Tacoma Dome so we'll see.

10-25-02 08:57 PM
Martha
1. Parachute Woman

2. Slave

3. Soul Survivor

4. Hand of Fate

5. Melody.....for personal yet, not obvious reasons

Etc., etc......

However, I really just want to GO to another show (and right now it isn't in the cards). I would be damn glad to hear anything they want to play.

Mannish Boy was killer at the Columbus show..it was on my list as well as CYHMK..which I got to hear them play at all three shows I attended. Detroit being the best of the three, IMO.

I loved SFM SCB and No Expectations particularly. Hell I Ioved it all!

Those of you with upcoming shows in your plans........ .............get ready you're gonna' groove!

Oh yeah!

10-25-02 09:29 PM
stonedinaustralia it would be good to hear them at another robert johnson tune - "hellhound on my trail" would do nicely
10-25-02 10:12 PM
TomL Thanks gary i did. Bye gones. Still in Florida go home tomorrow. Happy to se my family without ducking. Will get back to ya soon. They did rehearse Soul S in Columbus.
[Edited by TomL]
10-25-02 10:56 PM
Mr T CYHMK

Stray Cat Blues & Hand Of Fate are next on the list. very cool that they've played all 3 this tour - wish I could've seen them
10-26-02 01:43 AM
Jaxx
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
it would be good to hear them at another robert johnson tune -

walkin' blues on the B-Stage would be truly appropriate.
10-26-02 01:52 AM
stonedinaustralia yes indeed jaxx - nice choice

10-26-02 02:01 AM
Jaxx thanks, sia, you know, if i could have one wish come true it would be a stones show with less hot rocks and more blues. i would love to see mick do more harmonica. its just so damn sexy!
10-26-02 02:42 AM
marcus aurelianus Next year when they tour in Europe ( especially in France ), I would like them to carry on playing songs they have never , or almost never performed in Europe hope they will read this post !!)

Hand Of Fate
CYHMK
If you Can't Rock Me
Monkey Man
Stray Cat Blues
Undercover
Hot Stuff
Neighbours
Worried About You ( Well done Mick !!!)
Rocks Off
etc , etc ...

AND I would like them to perform the songs I know they have rehearsed but have not played so far :

Little T&A
Have you Seen Your mother,Baby ?
Winter
Hip Shake.

On the other hand , I do not like the way they start BITCH :
why do they use the horns right at the beginning ? I would prefer to hear Keith 's riff only .The seventies'version is far better ( in 71 , 72 and 73 ).

10-26-02 09:10 AM
frankh WORRIED BOUT YOU!!
10-26-02 01:30 PM
Turner I only get one chance to see them and I hope to hear Love Train because I hear it is sweet when the Stones do it.
10-26-02 02:06 PM
Moonisup winter
Moonlight mile
I got the blues
hide your love
Page: 1 2