ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
©eharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: More tabloid nonsense on Keith because he 'slurred his speech' Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th October 2007 07:49 AM
Gazza http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/23056/Fears-for-Rolling-Stone-Keith-after-he-slurs-speech

If anything, today's printed version of the Daily Express is even more hysterical in the way they basically write him off using the quote from Ronnie in the article quoted (which has nothing to do with his brain injury - its simply referring to the fact hes written a lot of songs), his own admission (months ago) that hes on medication and that he did something this week which he's done for decades - slur a bit.

It even makes the front page, for Chrissake. Scum.
25th October 2007 08:22 AM
egon is that speech on youtube...?
25th October 2007 08:42 AM
glimmertwinfan >> Last week a member of staff at his home in Connecticut admitted that his boss had “not been the same” since the fall.

No shit. Who would be? As far as slurring his speech, give me a break. He was probably half in the bag.

This article is rubbish.
25th October 2007 08:46 AM
gimmekeef Well if the Dilantin is making him slur words and that seems to be what they reported then I think thats somewhat newsworthy considering Keith's indestructable image.Front page though?..And gee if its in the Worlds Greatest Newspaper then..lol.it must be true!
25th October 2007 08:51 AM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Well if the Dilantin is making him slur words and that seems to be what they reported then I think thats somewhat newsworthy considering Keith's indestructable image.

Its not exactly hard news, though since Keith himself admitted he's on anti seizure medication in that Uncut interview two months ago.

What will they be telling us next? That Brian Jones died?
25th October 2007 10:03 AM
guitarman53 I've been taking Dilantin since I had brain surgery in the late 90's, & I never had to wear a medical-alert I.D. card, I'm sure the Dr. would have told me about that.
25th October 2007 10:19 AM
FotiniD What I find most interesting in this piece of rubbish that has delusions of being a newspaper article, is that Keith actually gave a speech for those awards

Now, I want to see that. Slur or no-slur. Where on earth is it?
25th October 2007 10:24 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
What I find most interesting in this piece of rubbish that has delusions of being a newspaper article, is that Keith actually gave a speech for those awards

Good point. Why would he bother?
25th October 2007 10:26 AM
Jeep
quote:
egon wrote:
is that speech on youtube...?

Hi Egon.
If you have TNT or CanalSat at home, the Scream Awards 'll be broadcasted on NRJ12 TV on october 31st (midnight).
[Edited by Jeep]
25th October 2007 10:39 AM
Saint Sway ridiculous!! What a stupid, rubbish of an article....

but I'm happy for Pug that he got a job writing for the Daily Express.
25th October 2007 11:28 AM
The Wick I love the bit about a member of his staff in Connecticut, as if we believe it now just because they know he lives in Connecticut. So they are having people believe they sent some twat to Connecticut to talk to a "member of his staff" to get two or three words?
25th October 2007 11:42 AM
egon
quote:
Jeep wrote:

Hi Egon.
If you have TNT or CanalSat at home, the Scream Awards 'll be broadcasted on NRJ12 TV on october 31st (midnight).
[Edited by Jeep]

i don't have canalsat..

what is TNT? (i get my tv through the FREEbox...)
25th October 2007 11:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
The Wick wrote:
I love the bit about a member of his staff in Connecticut, as if we believe it now just because they know he lives in Connecticut. So they are having people believe they sent some twat to Connecticut to talk to a "member of his staff" to get two or three words?

It gets even better. In the printed edition of the Express, when they asked the unnamed member of staff if Keith's accident had had any long-term effects on him, he apparently replied "perhaps"......
25th October 2007 11:56 AM
BONOISLOVE I'm so angry I no longer believe in God.
25th October 2007 11:58 AM
Jeep
quote:
egon wrote:
i don't have canalsat..

what is TNT? (i get my tv through the FREEbox...)

TNT is Television Numerique Terrestre, digital TV with an antenna on the roof or in the home.
But no problem, NRJ12 is available on the FreeBox (canal 121).
25th October 2007 11:58 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
It gets even better. In the printed edition of the Express, when they asked the unnamed member of staff if Keith's accident had had any long-term effects on him, he apparently replied "perhaps"......

Really... what self respecting Brit would ever take the word of a ..... a "servant."
25th October 2007 12:00 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL! I spoke with a source close to Jagger and asked if the Stones would tour in 2008? To which he replied "its a possibility"
25th October 2007 12:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Really... what self respecting Brit would ever take the word of a ..... a "servant."

A journalist would (when she's not inventing it)- but then again the words 'journalist' and 'self respecting' are mutually exclusive...
25th October 2007 01:06 PM
Steel Wheels A rock star slurred his speach? I've NEVER heard of such a thing before.
25th October 2007 01:18 PM
GotToRollMe Stop the presses! "Breaking News!"

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/fears%20grow%20for%20richards_1047851

FEARS GROW FOR RICHARDS

Fears for the health of ROLLING STONES guitarist KEITH RICHARDS are mounting after it emerged he requires daily medication to prevent a seizure. The veteran rocker has been forced to take the powerful drug Dilantin every day since his fall from a coconut tree in Fiji last year (06). The medication is said to slow nerve impulses in the brain that cause seizures. However, Richards insists he's in great shape after having brain surgery following his fall 18 months ago.

25/10/2007 07:40

25th October 2007 01:21 PM
egon
quote:
Jeep wrote:

TNT is Television Numerique Terrestre, digital TV with an antenna on the roof or in the home.
But no problem, NRJ12 is available on the FreeBox (canal 121).

it all becomes clear now..

Merci Jeep!
25th October 2007 01:44 PM
pdog speaking of slurred speech...

25th October 2007 01:45 PM
pdog drunk?

25th October 2007 01:47 PM
pdog oh well... I just need to laugh!

25th October 2007 04:44 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:
speaking of slurred speech...

That one always cracked me up - he's a dumb, boring, and lame when he's drunk as he is when he's pretending he's a President. Not even alcohol could save that pointless fool.
25th October 2007 04:57 PM
mojoman daily medication....that's it!!!
25th October 2007 04:57 PM
Mr Jurkka Dont even mention W Bush
25th October 2007 05:00 PM
mojoman
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:
Dont even mention W Bush

the decider!!!
25th October 2007 05:05 PM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Stop the presses! "Breaking News!"

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/fears%20grow%20for%20richards_1047851

FEARS GROW FOR RICHARDS

Fears for the health of ROLLING STONES guitarist KEITH RICHARDS are mounting after it emerged he requires daily medication to prevent a seizure. The veteran rocker has been forced to take the powerful drug Dilantin every day since his fall from a coconut tree in Fiji last year (06). The medication is said to slow nerve impulses in the brain that cause seizures. However, Richards insists he's in great shape after having brain surgery following his fall 18 months ago.

25/10/2007 07:40

You might have known those twits at contact music would have been in on this.

Seems that all the slow nerve impulses in the brain are exclusive to the journalists who think this is a breaking news story.

Ah well, at least they didnt refer to him as the 'Brown Sugar guitarist' this time.
25th October 2007 05:08 PM
sirmoonie The Stones combined age gets higher every year.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)