ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - 27th October 2006
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Expensive Wino's reunion in 2007? Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd October 2006 07:45 PM
Poison Dart Keith Richards told Rolling Stone Magazine that he has spoken to Steve Jordan about a reunion of the Expensive Winos. That's "If the Stones tour ever ends"
23rd October 2006 08:41 PM
pdog
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Keith Richards told Rolling Stone Magazine that he has spoken to Steve Jordan about a reunion of the Expensive Winos. That's "If the Stones tour ever ends"

If it happens cool... BUT!!! Keith is a mess!
23rd October 2006 08:45 PM
Bitch If the Stones tour ever ends? That means it might continue into next year, and I hope it does!
23rd October 2006 08:46 PM
Lazy Bones Possible? Yes. 2007? I doubt it.
23rd October 2006 09:31 PM
deuce I'd actually like to see a Winos tour more than a Stones tour right now. I hope the people who missed out in Europe get to see their show next year, but I think other than that this tour has been milked for pretty much all it's worth.

The Winos would be a true test - Keith could be creative again and I think he'd focus more on playing. It'd also give him a chance to rock out again. He ain't getting any younger, so the sooner this happens the better.
23rd October 2006 09:58 PM
Steel Wheels Keith was at the top of his game when he was on the road with the Winos. It was music from the heart, and it showed. Keith was soulful, ragged, energized, and brilliant.

Bring on the Winos for a new album, tour, and DVD and I'll be enjoying the hell out of it.
23rd October 2006 10:45 PM
Cocaine Eyes I would kill to see the Winos now. They'd be such a treat, moreso than the Stones for now.
23rd October 2006 10:56 PM
mrhipfl they'd be cheaper, too!
24th October 2006 01:27 AM
marko HUh? First,keith said new stones album comes out next year.Stones will be on the road half a year again.
No new album,and no winos.Waddy watchel will have to play
both guitars...
24th October 2006 01:30 AM
Zack Is Waddy out of jail yet?
24th October 2006 03:50 AM
FotiniD I missed that! Can you post the exact quote PoisonDart?

A Winos reunion, that would be like a dream come true. I wonder if Keith can still cut a whole gig singing by himself though. It'd take LOTS of rehearsing.
24th October 2006 05:29 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:
If the Stones tour ever ends? That means it might continue into next year, and I hope it does!

It IS continuing into next year. There have been quite a few promoters in Europe who have publicly stated that the Stones will be touring there next summer. Only a day or two ago, it was stated that they'll be playing Chorzow, Poland in late May or June 2007. Cohl has mentioned to quite a few fans that they'll be back here around that time.

and its been confirmed that Wembley now WILL be ready by early next year, so there's no problem with a London venue for 2007

As for a Winos 'reunion'. I'll believe it when I see it. Wont happen before 2008 and Keith's lack of productivity in recent years doesnt suggest he's exactly full of new songs for such a project.
[Edited by Gazza]
24th October 2006 07:46 AM
LadyJane Keith needs to rest!
They all do!

Wembley next Summer???
Hmmmmmmmmmm.......
developing.............

LJ.
24th October 2006 10:33 AM
gimmekeef Gee if Decemebr till June or so isnt enough rest then call it a day!..Bring on a Winos mini tour....But he'd need some fresh tunes for me to get too excited about it...Actually bring Ronnie along to keep his recent edge...Barbarians anyone?
24th October 2006 10:33 AM
Saint Sway I was psyched when I read that article. I would love a Wino's tour. Or an album. Or both.

Problem right now is that Keith can no longer play guitar while singing. He can only sing and hold the guitar at his side. Waddy's a great guitarist but how would Keith be able to pull off a whole show as the front man if he can play and sing at the same time?

with that said, I still say bring it on! Fuck it, I love that band!

Sincerely,

Saint Sway (Wino 4 Life)

[Edited by Saint Sway]
24th October 2006 11:11 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Keith needs to rest!
They all do!

Rest???? From what....they never worked a day in their pampered lives.
24th October 2006 11:16 AM
Saint Sway They play for an hour and a half and then spend 4 to 6 days off between shows lounging in pampered suites at the Four Seasons. How much more rest do they need???
24th October 2006 11:23 AM
Stray Cat UK Watching Boston 93 and all those wonderful riffs,I think it would be a serious dissapointment. Unfortunately Keith has lost a lot of mobility in the fingers due to his arthritis.

I think he could make the country/blues album he's had in him for years.Maybe with Rick Rubin on production duties ?

sc uk
24th October 2006 11:29 AM
Green Tea I don't think Keith can rock anymore on a regular basis.
24th October 2006 11:48 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
I think he could make the country/blues album he's had in him for years.Maybe with Rick Rubin on production duties ?

thats a must do album!!

That album is definately in Keith. He needs to share it with the world
24th October 2006 11:51 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Rest???? From what....they never worked a day in their pampered lives.

You seen a show lately?

I have and it's clear to me that Keith needs some additional recovery time from the head injury.

Perfect time to rehearse and write some new tunes for the Winos!!!

LJ.

24th October 2006 12:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I have and it's clear to me that Keith needs some additional recovery time from the head injury.

Well that could well be true. And if it is noone will hold it against him. I know that just relaxing at home once in awhile is rejuvinating. Just kick back and get caught upon the letter writing, the stuff in the garden thats been put on the shelf for awhile, a night in front of the TV with the old lady and popcorn, whatever....
24th October 2006 12:24 PM
jb Keith must rest a couple of years, get the hair "fixed" with 30-40k grafs, and then, and only then, think about playing again. He is in bad shape.
24th October 2006 01:40 PM
Steel Wheels Keef can rest in my basement, where we will write Winos music together.

24th October 2006 03:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Keith Richards told Rolling Stone Magazine that he has spoken to Steve Jordan about a reunion of the Expensive Winos. That's "If the Stones tour ever ends"

For the record, there was no quotation marks in that article, so the proviso of if the Stones tour ever ends, that is is a remark by the writer about the seemingly infinite duration of the tour and not a quote by Keith himself
24th October 2006 03:49 PM
parmeda
quote:
Gazza wrote:
For the record, there was no quotation marks in that article, so the proviso of if the Stones tour ever ends, that is is a remark by the writer about the seemingly infinite duration of the tour and not a quote by Keith himself

There ya go, Gazza...gettin' all technical and shit on us
24th October 2006 03:53 PM
Nellcote JB, with that Keith comment, you might as well be calling for DA PLANE with Ricardo Montoblan. Seing Keith idle for two years is something which will not happen.
24th October 2006 03:55 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB, with that Keith comment, you might as well be calling for DA PLANE with Ricardo Montoblan. Seing Keith idle for two years is something which will not happen.

He is hardly playing and needs a long break imo....
24th October 2006 03:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB, with that Keith comment, you might as well be calling for DA PLANE with Ricardo Montoblan. Seing Keith idle for two years is something which will not happen.

2000-2001, anyone?
24th October 2006 03:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
parmeda wrote:

There ya go, Gazza...gettin' all technical and shit on us

If I were you, sweetie, I'd worry more about the "and shit" part than the "technical" aspect
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)