ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Anaheim, CA - 4th November 2005
© and thanks Fernando Aceves (premier today)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones' Wood: I did so many drugs, Keith Richards got mad! Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th October 2007 10:52 PM
LoveinVainRonnie Rolling Stone Ron Wood admits he was freebasing so much cocaine at one point that Richards "had turned into Mr. Drug Enforcement Administration."

"Everybody was angry with me around this time, and after a row with Keith one day, he stormed off to get his gun," Wood writes in his new memoir "Ronnie" (St. Martin's Press). "He returned with his derringer, pointed it at me and yelled 'You f—ing b—!' I calmly pulled out my .44 Magnum. And that was the last time Keith drew his gun on me ... until the next time."

The two guitarists fought again in a hotel room while on tour, Wood adds. "He barged in, broke the glass bowl of the pipe, and came straight at my face. ... He smashed a bottle and cut me with it. I stormed out and went to find Mick [Jagger] and Charlie [Watts ], who were working on a song in a room along the corridor. While I stood there bleeding all over the carpet, Mick looked up and asked: 'Have you got any ideas for the middle eight?'"

Wood returned to the room, where Richards "pulled out his huge ratchet knife, put it to my throat and yelled ... 'I'd f—ing cut your throat, but your girlfriend would never forgive me for all the mess I'd make.'"

This from a guy who "did heroin for 10 solid years," Wood claims.

Eventually, Jagger had a heart-to-heart with Wood, and he agreed to go into rehab.

Wood's wildly entertaining book is peopled with virtually every major British and American rocker since the early '60s, including:

Jimi Hendrix, his roommate in London, one of two "musicians' musicians" he met in his life [the other being Stevie Ray Vaughan ].

Rod Stewart, who with Wood was so poor when they were in the Small Faces that they stole hardboiled eggs to eat on tour in the U.S.

Elton John, who was supposed to do just one song with the Stones, but wouldn't let Billy Preston back at the piano, despite Jagger yelling at him to "Get off the stage!"

Keith Moon, who "drove his Jeep through the plate glass windows of the hotel, went through the lobby and up the steps, then he leaned over and said to the receptionist, 'May I have my keys, please?'"

In one of the great understatements, Wood muses, "We knew how to party."

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/r_m/2007/10/15/2007-10-15_stones_wood_i_did_so_many_drugs_keith_ri.html
15th October 2007 10:59 PM
Bloozehound Fuck Yeah!!
15th October 2007 11:21 PM
sirmoonie Ronald W. took up hardcore drinking in order to cut down on blow. For the percipient and preternatural abilities exhibited in that decision alone, we honor him. And if any of yins don't like it, yins can pretty much go fuck yourselves.
15th October 2007 11:31 PM
Fiji Joe Pdog posted so much, Joey got mad...
16th October 2007 12:07 AM
parmeda "Everybody was angry with me around this time, and after a row with Keith one day, he stormed off to get his gun," Wood writes in his new memoir "Ronnie" (St. Martin's Press). "He returned with his derringer, pointed it at me and yelled 'You f—ing b—!' I calmly pulled out my .44 Magnum. And that was the last time Keith drew his gun on me ... until the next time."

Priceless...fucking priceless
16th October 2007 04:54 AM
Prodigal Son What's Ronnie going to do if he kicks the bottle? Take up ecstasy?
16th October 2007 06:38 AM
venturini Yeahhh, i already readed that interview on a Portugal magazine, what a crazy boys, LOL
16th October 2007 06:43 AM
FotiniD Just got the book today from Amazon - have only checked the looks of it so far, and it's a great edition, I loved the photos and the whole design.

I get this feeling there's a certain degree of a 'Tony Sanchez' factor in there though The stories sound a little too well-directed or far-off. Then again, this is the Stones we're talking about, so you can never be too certain..

Either way, from the excerpts I've seen so far it seems like a great, well-written book. Can't wait to start it.
16th October 2007 09:10 AM
gimmekeef Thats why Keith got mad at Ronnie for doin a book too.He knows Ronnie can out BS him......
16th October 2007 09:23 AM
Jumacfly Is there a boot with Elton John on piano???
If yes it's a must have
16th October 2007 09:37 AM
guitarman53
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
What's Ronnie going to do if he kicks the bottle? Take up ecstasy?

He did kick the bottle (at least I think he still has) he goes to A.A. he was at a meeting here in Toronto years ago, when the Stones were here rehearsing for a tour.
16th October 2007 09:48 AM
Maxlugar Typical. Mick and Charlie working away on the music and Keith and Ronnie playing with their guns and getting wasted.

But Mick is always the bad guy.

16th October 2007 10:20 AM
MrPleasant "While I stood there bleeding all over the carpet, Mick looked up and asked: 'Have you got any ideas for the middle eight?'"

Too much imagination?
16th October 2007 10:28 AM
BILL PERKS WOODY'S BRAIN IS FRIED
16th October 2007 10:34 AM
_Boomy_ Fried? Or Baked?

16th October 2007 10:34 AM
Mel Belli Being hectored about drug consumption by Keith Richards ... Analogies. Hmmm ... Paris Hilton telling you to stay home and read a book instead? Rosie O'Donnell saying you talk too much?
16th October 2007 10:37 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
LoveinVainRonnie wrote:
Keith Moon, who "drove his Jeep through the plate glass windows of the hotel, went through the lobby and up the steps, then he leaned over and said to the receptionist, 'May I have my keys, please?'"

Its true. In fact, Ronald W. used to party backstage with Keith Moon whenever The Who hit London mainline. See, e.g., The Who Put The Boot In Tour. They would pound back pints of stilch (major quid), and play their respective solo albums.
16th October 2007 10:43 AM
Mr Jurkka What the hell is this... crazy dream huh?
16th October 2007 10:44 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
"While I stood there bleeding all over the carpet, Mick looked up and asked: 'Have you got any ideas for the middle eight?'"

^ and Ronnie still has the nerve to complain that they dont include him in the writing process!!!
16th October 2007 12:34 PM
gypsy I can't wait to get my copy! I ordered it along with Eric Clapton's new autobiography. Both books should be interesting, but I'm looking more forward to Ronnie's.
16th October 2007 02:03 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

^ and Ronnie still has the nerve to complain that they dont include him in the writing process!!!

I call b.s. Unless I'm mistaken, Ronnie told this story for years, only in its earlier versions it was "How does the middle eight of 'Summer Romance' go?" Not, "Do you have any ideas?..."
16th October 2007 08:16 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I call b.s. Unless I'm mistaken, Ronnie told this story for years, only in its earlier versions it was "How does the middle eight of 'Summer Romance' go?" Not, "Do you have any ideas?..."

the sad fact is keith and ronnie have been recycling the stones' and their own myths (rather than creating or furthering them*) since the great reformation of '89 - in the process the details get fuzzier with each re-telling

tho the media and the public are to blame somewhat because they keep asking the same stupid questions and maintain the same (generally misinformed) stereotypical views of the band

* falling out of palm trees and snorting your loved ones ashes aside

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
16th October 2007 08:24 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

the sad fact is keith and ronnie have been recycling the stones' and their own myths since the great reformation of '89 - in the process the details get fuzzier with each re-telling

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]

Yeah, "we are glad to piss everywhere, man" just doesn't have the impact of the original.
16th October 2007 08:28 PM
stonedinaustralia hey moonie - are you rocking my good man?
16th October 2007 08:37 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
hey moonie - are you rocking my good man?

Rockin! And you?
16th October 2007 09:06 PM
stonedinaustralia oh yeah -like never before - there's shit happening these days i only dreamed about - think sex with beautiful women - think drugs - think rock and roll - think a nice fat bankroll - and by god man i tell you there is no end in sight - the only limit is my imagination - my only enemy, hubris - my only fear , that of being misunderstood!!

only took over half a life-time to get organized but at least i made it
16th October 2007 09:38 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
oh yeah -like never before - there's shit happening these days i only dreamed about - think sex with beautiful women - think drugs - think rock and roll - think a nice fat bankroll - and by god man i tell you there is no end in sight - the only limit is my imagination - my only enemy, hubris - my only fear , that of being misunderstood!!

only took over half a life-time to get organized but at least i made it

I hear ya. The descendent of an Arawak chief once told me "God gives the nuts, but he doesn't crack them."
18th October 2007 10:09 PM
guitarman53 Is there any mention in the book about the time onstage when Ronnie missed his guitar part & Richards came up & punched him in the face? because he was so strung out on freebasing Cocaine that he didn't even know what he was doing?
19th October 2007 10:26 AM
andrews27 The Ronnie freebasing stories, plus tales of being smashed in the gob by KR, are in Victor Bockris's Keith biography. Up until Brian dies, it's a lot like everybody else's Stones book - but once Keith's enthroned, the book takes off quite impressively.

Ronnie's take is that Keith punched him onstage in 81 or 82 not b/c Ronnie missed his own part, but because he didn't cover when Keith dropped *his* part onstage. (Monitor issues on Ronnie's side?) For which KR walked all the way over to Ronnie's side and slugged him.

Nowadays, they drop parts left and right, and neither cares. You should have seen the two nearly guitarless shows at CNE, Toronto, 1994. There were long, long stretches where neither of those wankers put their hands near a fretboard. Very unsatisfying - two entire shows propelled by Chuck Leavell...

[Edited by andrews27]
19th October 2007 12:59 PM
Gary Busey Ronnie and I have met a few times.

I gave him some words of wisdom, and he returned his own to me.

Very vague, but I somehow dissected the quadrangles in the shape of his words.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)