ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I wish you all the best, I hope we meet again... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
16th October 2006 10:16 AM
Joey
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Nothing like the good old days, they can take the rebound just like lightning!

Not Mick but, I think Keith can bounce back quicker than most...

Folks, Gents, I'm on my last days of Crack use so bear w/ me...

Send me your prayers too.

What a great tour/album to miss out because of Crack.

What a fool I was, yeah.

Babe ?!

BABE ..... ?!?!

BABY STEEL MAGNOLIA ........... ?!?!

Is that really you ?!
16th October 2006 10:19 AM
Joey
quote:
TomL wrote:
Now thats crack to sniff. Is that Paris????????????
[Edited by TomL]

**** Sniff **** ... Is Right !!!!!

Sniffy !
16th October 2006 10:49 AM
nankerphelge Joey?

16th October 2006 05:06 PM
kath anyway, i am here as well, i think i gave you my e mail address

[email protected]

don't hesitate.
16th October 2006 05:06 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Joey?

Nanky ?!

16th October 2006 05:20 PM
pdog SDH is on crack? Who would've thunk?
16th October 2006 05:22 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
SDH is on crack? Who would've thunk?

16th October 2006 05:23 PM
pdog Joey just took a dump!
16th October 2006 05:26 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
Joey just took a dump!

******** PHEW *************

Brown Stinky !
16th October 2006 05:28 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

******** PHEW *************

Brown Stinky !

We can't wait until you are potty trained!
16th October 2006 07:55 PM
killerbitch Steelie, please get yourself to a Narcotics Anonymous meeting as fast as you
can. I go to AA and they have saved my life. NA can help you stay sober and
clean. Leave the mood altering chemicals alone! If you are addicted to one
you are addicted to ALL of them, as they are ALL drugs. It is a selfish program
and your number #1 priority is to STOP using. You can't cure the disease but
you can stop using and put it in remission. Please go ASAP.
16th October 2006 08:03 PM
lotsajizz I might not agree with all AA does or stands for...but they can save your life, dude....sometimes that's all it comes down to...
16th October 2006 09:10 PM
chevysales
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I might not agree with all AA does or stands for...but they can save your life, dude....sometimes that's all it comes down to...

agreed...

one must take what they can from NA and leave the rest behind. for me that would be the heavy religion nonsense... but the help from fellow addicts is a must.

if you don't like one meeting go to a different one as they are all over and some are better than others.
16th October 2006 09:15 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I might not agree with all AA does or stands for...but they can save your life, dude....sometimes that's all it comes down to...

What don't you agree with?
16th October 2006 09:19 PM
pdog
quote:
chevysales wrote:

for me that would be the heavy religion nonsense...

if you don't like one meeting go to a different one as they are all over and some are better than others.

What religious nonsense? The only reason I was able to get 10 years sober, last month, is b/c there's no dogmatic crap. I don't even really believe in god, I beleive in not beleiving in god, and I know for a fact praying to some make beleive god is futile, yet I do it despite that. I at least know, that if I'm praying when my mind is obsessing on something, that the thoughts can't both occupy the same space.
My prayers are simple, I ask for an obsession to be removed, and on a bad day, I pray for those who piss me off, to be hit by a bus or a car!
16th October 2006 10:58 PM
glencar Peace Tony. I wish him all the best.
[Edited by glencar]
17th October 2006 04:35 PM
chevysales
quote:
pdog wrote:

What religious nonsense? The only reason I was able to get 10 years sober, last month, is b/c there's no dogmatic crap. I don't even really believe in god, I beleive in not beleiving in god, and I know for a fact praying to some make beleive god is futile, yet I do it despite that. I at least know, that if I'm praying when my mind is obsessing on something, that the thoughts can't both occupy the same space.
My prayers are simple, I ask for an obsession to be removed, and on a bad day, I pray for those who piss me off, to be hit by a bus or a car!

i am glad it worked for you... what i have read seems highly religous with god mentioned too many times for my liking.
17th October 2006 04:42 PM
not bound to please
quote:
chevysales wrote:

i am glad it worked for you... what i have read seems highly religous with god mentioned too many times for my liking.

It is. You are right. "Higher power" Funny they call it "high".....It turns off many people who it could help. It's offensive.

Steelie - if this is really you and this is true, please take care. You are one in a million, a great guy, and I mean that in a good way.

17th October 2006 04:53 PM
pdog
quote:
chevysales wrote:

I'll challenge you with this. God does not equal religion... Religion, from my experience is people telling you what their opinion of god is...

This is how I got past the dogmatic bullshit...
This is from The AA Big Book chapter for Agnostics.

"Yes, we of agnostic temperament have had these thoughts and experiences. Let us make haste to reassure you. We found that as soon as we were able to lay aside prejudice and express even a willingness to believe in a Power greater than ourselves, we commenced to get results, even though it was impossible for any of us to fully define or comprehend that Power, which is God.

Much to our relief, we discovered we did not need to consider anotherīs conception of God. Our own conception, however inadequate, was sufficient to make the approach and to effect a contact with Him. As soon as we admitted the possible existence of a Creative Intelligence, a Spirit of the Universe underlying the totality of things, we began to be possessed of a new sense of power and direction, provided we took other simple steps. We found that God does not make too hard terms with those who seek Him. To us, the Realm of Spirit is broad, roomy, all inclusive; never exclusive or forbidding to those who earnestly seek. It is open, we believe, to all men."

This allowed me to create and define whatever I wanted to beleive in, a foundation, based on my own believes and morals, no one elses.
Once you take all the crap of religions and their perverted views of god, you get to a basic and common belief. Be good to yourself and help others, you'll be happy. That's God, for me. I do that, and I have a spiritual, non-dogmatic belief system.
The only reason the word God is used, is probably b/c in English it's the most simple. Power, Creator, Universal Consciousness, it's all the same. The AA book is very dated in it's own right, They use a male gendered language.
This is what i've learned. Anyone who is completely fucked, morally bankrupt, hopeless and miserable, and can't get paste the idea of finding a spiritual path to get sober, is a person who is just looking for an excuse to keep drinking and remain miserable.
I found something simple, that works for me, and there's no religion attached, and even a person who doesn't even want to beleive on any power, can still find hope by working with others and helping people who are suffering.
I'm not sure what you've read about AA, but if the word God scares anyone away from AA, i laugh at them. Since most of the people I know in AA have been to some really bad places emotionall, and physically, so if one word scares them off, then I guess prison or amputation from diabetes ect.. is no big deal!

17th October 2006 06:11 PM
Joey
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

It is. You are right. "Higher power" Funny they call it "high".....It turns off many people who it could help. It's offensive.

Steelie - if this is really you and this is true, please take care. You are one in a million, a great guy, and I mean that in a good way.

My Baby is a Crack Head .....Why ?!

17th October 2006 09:26 PM
glencar I think if I was in such a state that I needed AA, the last thing I'd get caught on is whether or not I had to admit that God or a Higher Power exists. Then again, I believe in God & I might be less inclined to join an organization which made me pledge a denial of God.
18th October 2006 08:04 AM
Factory Girl glencar, check pm. TIA!
[Edited by Factory Girl]
18th October 2006 08:09 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

My Baby is a Crack Head .....Why ?!

he saw the C10 video?

18th October 2006 12:33 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:

I know.

Tell the Monkey I said hi.

Ham sandwich and a glass of tea w/ the Corn Dog Man...

18th October 2006 01:24 PM
Joey
quote:

he saw the C10 video?

Funny !
18th October 2006 01:26 PM
Joey
quote:

I know.

Baby Steel Magnolia ?!?!

Now don't be pulling any " Keith Moon '78's " on me , ya here ?!?!

And PLEASE !!!! .... watch out for those Cold Fronts .

Brrrr....

Joeykins !
18th October 2006 06:41 PM
glencar
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
glencar, check pm. TIA!
[Edited by Factory Girl]

OKAY!
18th October 2006 06:53 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
OKAY!

Blue ...........................

Did you purchase Main Floor or Lower Bowl Tickets for THE WHO concert this December in Omaha, NE ?!?!

December 7th -- Day of INFAMY !!!!!

Kins !

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
18th October 2006 11:09 PM
not bound to please
quote:

I know.

Only you would send us a tape of corn dog man, followed by 45 minutes of you doing karaoke, then Christopher Hitchens on the Charlie Rose show.

Genius!

Do take care, and stick around.

18th October 2006 11:56 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Blue ...........................

Did you purchase Main Floor or Lower Bowl Tickets for THE WHO concert this December in Omaha, NE ?!?!

December 7th -- Day of INFAMY !!!!!

Kins !

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]

I thought you were buying for both of us! I can do it but I don't want to be alone in such a strange city.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)