ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The whole "Alfie" soundtrack it's almost a Mick solo album! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
September 28th, 2004 06:15 PM
Jumacfly OMG!! i'm listening to "counting the days", sounds like ...that

oucchhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
and WHY???
September 28th, 2004 06:33 PM
L&A
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
OMG!! i'm listening to "counting the days", sounds like ...that

oucchhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
and WHY???

Ok, I agree, Ju...
But I'm also with Soldatti. At least, Mick is working. Don't stop, Mick !!!

quote:
Soldatti wrote:
At least Mick is working, I can't believe his power: solo album on 2001, three new Stones songs on 2002, the Licks tour, the soundtrack...
I'm not saying that ALL is good, I'm saying that he works very hard and almost without rests. I'm proud of he.
I'm sad to say this but Keith is a joke on this last years.

Conclution: I'm buying this Soundtrack and I don't know about that ridiculous Live Licks.
[Edited by Soldatti]

September 28th, 2004 06:35 PM
L&A
quote:
L&A wrote:
www.rockpassion.com

Check the download section !!!

It seems they had to delete the link...
September 28th, 2004 06:35 PM
gotdablouse really ?!...where's Jim Steinman when you need him, eh ;-)
September 28th, 2004 07:12 PM
Soldatti Funny comparison Jumacfly!
September 29th, 2004 03:04 AM
Zack Speaking of Celine Dion, I was in the video store the other day and someone was previewing a DVD of her Vegas show. The opening track? AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long. She bopped out on stage doing a Chuck Berry duckwalk singing "he was a fast machine he kept his motor clean." Needless to say I fled the store. It was five minutes before I could calm down enough to start the car.
September 29th, 2004 03:11 AM
gypsy Oh my God...you just gave me one of the sickest visuals ever. I am so sorry you actually had to see it. I would rather stick hot pokers in my eyes.
September 29th, 2004 04:55 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
L&A wrote:

But I'm also with Soldatti. At least, Mick is working. Don't stop, Mick !!!

Hi ami Belge...
well, Mick is working but with Matt Clifford, what a pity...
the Wandering spirit's gone, i'm sad cuz i ve really LOVEd this album...
September 29th, 2004 03:50 PM
glencar I have got to get that Celine Dion DVD just for the kitschy laughs. Is it only available in Canada?
September 29th, 2004 03:51 PM
glencar And I'm really looking forward to Mick's wonderful voice on these new songs. Shame they deleted that linked site.
September 29th, 2004 04:21 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
And I'm really looking forward to Mick's wonderful voice on these new songs. Shame they deleted that linked site.

if you liked "goddess" theses new songs are for you!!
September 29th, 2004 04:22 PM
glencar I loved Goddess. Except for that Hideaway song.
September 29th, 2004 04:28 PM
Jumacfly so you will love this one...check the songs on the www.alfie.com site and then give us your opinion
September 29th, 2004 04:42 PM
tumbled the link still works:

http://www.rockpassion.com/old%20habits%20die%20hard.mp3

September 29th, 2004 04:45 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
tumbled wrote:
the link still works:

thank you and welcome to the show!
September 29th, 2004 04:50 PM
tumbled yo jumac I like your avatar my name is really lisa
and here is another link
this one is heartbreaker:

http://www.rockpassion.com/hard%20woman.mp3
September 29th, 2004 04:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
tumbled wrote:
the link still works:

Thats excellent. First time I've heard that. Thanks for the link
September 29th, 2004 05:28 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
tumbled wrote:
yo jumac I like your avatar my name is really lisa
and here is another link
this one is heartbreaker:

http://www.rockpassion.com/hard%20woman.mp3

hi Lisa

Sorry,I don't like that sloppy sound, Mick can do far better..
September 29th, 2004 05:45 PM
tumbled what does that riff on old habits die hard remind me of?
whos on guitar? we don't know?

oh you wanna have fun go to www.alfiemovie.com
and ask alfie any questoin you like and
he will answeryou. I asked him how big
his cock was and he said it was none
of my business!!! too much fun on a workday.
[Edited by tumbled]
September 29th, 2004 05:55 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
tumbled wrote:
what does that riff on old habits die hard remind me of?
whos on guitar? we don't know?

oh you wanna have fun go to www.alfiemovie.com
and ask alfie any questoin you like and
he will answeryou. I asked him how big
his cock was and he said it was none
of my business!!! too much fun on a workday.
[Edited by tumbled]

Alfie is a cool guy.
September 29th, 2004 05:58 PM
Gazza LOL...here's what he said to my questions...!

Q - Do you take it up the ass?

A - I try not to take anything too seriously.

Q - which do you prefer - spit or swallow?

A - I always prefer the more expensive one.

Q - Do you prefer the Rolling Stones or The Beatles?

A - I'm not sure if I like the Rolling Stones . I like A - chatting with people online. I'm not sure if I like the Beatles. I like my creator.

Q - What IS it all about, Alfie?

A - It's about time for me to check some bird's undercarriage.
September 29th, 2004 06:22 PM
Gazza That version of "old habits die hard" with Sheryl is the first single. Havent had this feeling about anything Stonesy for a while, but I think that will be a decent sized hit..in the UK anyway.

Sheryl still has a good track record in the singles charts and the film will be VERY high profile in the UK. It's a very good song and I cant see why it wont get good airplay.
September 29th, 2004 06:24 PM
tumbled oh now see now he says its not the size that counts!!
I think I'm falling in love with a robot. haha, he's such a tease.

will you kiss me?

Um, I don't think we know each other that well.

how big is your cock?

It's not the size that counts.

will you come with me to dinner?

Let me think it over.
[Edited by tumbled]
September 29th, 2004 10:08 PM
Soldatti I see two hits from this Soundtrack: Old Habits Die Hard will hit very respectable, she is very popular on the States and I can see a good performance there, inclusive in the Hot 100.
The other hit that I can see is the Christmas duet with Joss Stone, because she is popular on the UK and his new album will be #1 the next week there.
September 29th, 2004 10:11 PM
Soldatti Press Release Source: Virgin Records

'Alfie - Music From the Motion Picture'
Wednesday September 29, 2:53 pm ET
Features 13 New Songs Written, Performed And Produced By Mick Jagger And Dave Stewart;
'Old Habits Die Hard' Features Sheryl Crow;
Classic Title Tune Sung By R&B Sensation Joss Stone;
Soundtrack Hits Stores On October 19th

NEW YORK, Sept. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Virgin Records has announced details of the upcoming soundtrack companion to Paramount Pictures' new film, Alfie. "ALFIE -- MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE" features thirteen original songs written, performed and produced by Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart. The 15-track collection arrives in stores on October 19th.
"ALFIE -- MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE" is comprised of new songs expressly written for the film, penned and performed by Jagger and award-winning producer/songwriter/musician Stewart. "Old Habits Die Hard," the album's first single, sees Mick and Dave joined by none other than Sheryl Crow. Elsewhere on the record, R&B-colored tracks such as "Blind Leading The Blind" feature Jagger's unmistakable lead vocals, while blues-inflected instrumental tracks like "New York Hustle" and "Standing In The Rain" feature the legendary rockers showing off their inimitable skills on harmonica and guitar. The featured instrumental tracks are taken from the picture's original score, composed entirely by Jagger and Stewart (with John Powell).

"ALFIE -- MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE" is highlighted by a delightful new rendition of Burt Bacharach and Hal David's classic title song, "Alfie," performed by 17-year-old soul sensation, Joss Stone. Mick Jagger and Joss Stone duet on the new holiday-themed Jagger/Stewart original, "Lonely Without You (This Christmas)." In addition, Stone performs on a mellow hip-hop take on "Alfie" -- dubbed "Wicked Time" -- that sees her sharing the mic with acclaimed Jamaican rapper, Nadirah "Nadz" Seid.

As if that weren't enough, the album also sees Stewart teaming up with funk singer extraordinaire Gary "Mudbone" Cooper (Parliament, Funkadelic, Bootsy's Rubber Band) on a track entitled "Darkness Of Your Love," written by Stewart, Cooper, and Alfie director Charles Shyer.

"Old Habits Die Hard" debuted on AOL Music as an AOL Music First Listen on Friday September 24th. The song was made available to AOL members exclusively for the first 24 hours.

A stylish reinvention of the 1960's classic, Paramount Pictures' Alfie is a humorous, sexy, and often touching tale of a philosophical womanizer who is forced to question his seemingly carefree existence. The film sees Jude Law (Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow, Cold Mountain) leading an all-star cast including Academy Award-winners Susan Sarandon (Dead Man Walking, Thelma & Louise) and Marisa Tomei (My Cousin Vinny, Anger Management), as well as Omar Epps (Love & Basketball, The Wood), Sienna Miller (Keen Eddie), and Nia Long (Big Momma's House, The Best Man). Alfie arrives in theatres across North America on October 22nd.

(TRACK LISTING ATTACHED)
"ALFIE - MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE"

Original songs Performed by Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart

Complete Track Listing

1. "Old Habits Die Hard" - Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart
2. "Blind Leading The Blind (Live Acoustic Version)" - Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart
3. "New York Hustle" - addt'l vocals by Mick Jagger
4. "Let's Make It Up" - Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart
5. "Wicked Time" - Joss Stone and Nadirah "Nadz" Seid, addt'l vocals by Mick Jagger
6. "Lonely Without You (This Christmas)" - Mick Jagger and Joss Stone
7. "Darkness Of Your Love" - Gary "Mudbone" Cooper and Dave Stewart
8. "Jack The Lad" - addt'l vocals by Mick Jagger
9. "Oh Nikki"
10. "Blind Leading The Blind" - Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart
11. "Standing In The Rain" - addt'l vocals by Mick Jagger
12. "Counting The Days"
13 "Old Habits Reprise" - Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart
14. "Alfie" - Joss Stone
15. BONUS TRACK: "Old Habits Die Hard" - Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart featuring Sheryl Crow

Executive Album Producers: Charles Shyer and Tony Wadsworth
Soundtrack Album Produced by Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart

See also Billboard.com
September 30th, 2004 05:14 PM
gotdablouse Too bad it's not a Jagger/Richards collaboration, eh...I guess it's beneath Keith to do stuff like this and keep the music alive, his loss at the end of the day :-(
September 30th, 2004 05:41 PM
glencar Well, I listened to the 30 second snippets yesterday & I knida like the songs. I need to play the CD a couple of times before I can honestly say how good/bad Mick's voice is.
September 30th, 2004 05:48 PM
Monkey Woman Alfie's a cool guy all right! Though a bit weird...

Here's what I typed, and his answers:

Q: What do you like in women?

A: I like deep philosophical themes like time travel and alternative realities.

Q: Will you marry me?

A: Why don't you just download me?

Q: How are you tonight?

A: My logic and cognitive functions are normal.

Q: Are you a robot?

A: Am I a robot? Only when it matters.
September 30th, 2004 05:56 PM
Angiegirl Dunno if the link was already posted, prolly was, but here you can see the Old Habits Die Hard video:

http://tinyurl.com/5beq4

Awful song, awful vocals!! IMO. Not my cup of tea.
September 30th, 2004 06:02 PM
glencar Thanks for the link. I like the song & the video's pretty good. It's the first time I heard the whole song.
Page: 1 2 3