ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Saint Stonesalot
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA - October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A Bigger Bang - One Song Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 13th, 2005 08:05 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
deuce wrote:
Oh No, Not You Again
Fucking up my life!

^ Best stones rocker since like, who knows...Respectable maybe.

since respectable yes!!

as texile says it's got that stones THING - it has a feel straight off of SG
October 13th, 2005 08:12 PM
LadyJane I really had to think about this.....cause I like ABB.

The one song that sticks in my head......Let Me Down Slow.

LJ.
October 13th, 2005 08:12 PM
Rizollin Oh No is the best rocker in a while! One of my fave parts on it is Keith's subtle backup vocals. Love how he shouts "...kissed!" Vintage rasp. Sounds like he's twenty again!
October 13th, 2005 08:33 PM
mmdog
Riz,

I'm pretty sure that's Jagger on backing vocals. Richards seems to do backup vocals on Biggest Mistake, but I can't think of any others.
October 13th, 2005 08:33 PM
Some Guy Oh No Not You Again
October 13th, 2005 08:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
duck wrote:
You know how Mick likes them black girls, and Englands no beauty.

"Dangerous Ugly Trailer Trash Troll" didnt sound quite as catchy

Condi's not exactly Tyra Banks either.

the expression "tongue in cheek" is obviously lost on some people

best song - Laugh, I Nearly Died. Has been since I first heard it, and always will be.

Dangerous Beauty and Biggest Mistake get honourable mentions
October 13th, 2005 09:28 PM
Rizollin mmdog wrote: I'm pretty sure that's Jagger on backing vocals. Richards seems to do backup vocals on Biggest Mistake, but I can't think of any others.

Oh no!
Listen again, Keith is there!

[Edited by Rizollin]
October 14th, 2005 11:11 AM
duck Gazza,Tongue and cheek lost on some people LOL. You never know. A natural working with dogs. Favorite with the cheif of staffs. Only one of the two has ever meet the cheif of staffs. When you prove it let me know. You know mick said neocon wasnt about bush
October 15th, 2005 05:10 AM
Zack All I can say is it must be pretty damn good album if eight of the tracks are nominated as favorite.

ImO, the best composed and executed song I think is Laugh. SSMC is the most fun.
October 15th, 2005 05:14 AM
beer It's Rough Justice ONNYA!!!!!!!

-
October 15th, 2005 07:40 AM
IanBillen
Well I have no idea which is my personal favorite. Some days it is Dangerous Beauty. Some days it is Look What the Cat dragged In. some days it is Driving Too fast. A week and a half ago it was It Won't Take Long. these just keep circulating. A close close second can go to RJ or ONNYA or She Saw Me Coming. Honorable mention can go to LaughIND or RainFD or Biggest MS. Behing those you got the good tunes of SOL, Infamy, BOMH and Keiths number This Place is Empty.

The album is so damn solid I have like a new special favorite every three or four days.

Strangely my least favorite song of the whole album is Let Me Down Slow. I know it doesn't suck. And I do know it is a Fav among alot of people but I just cannot love it as the others. I just rate it as fair.

Still the very bottum of the barrel of a sixteen song hour album is one fair tune in my eyes. With a slew of great tunes, Some very good ones and the rest are all at least good. Now that is one heck of an album. Even just the good ones are kinda special. It seems almost every single song is it's own gem.

Ian
October 15th, 2005 07:46 AM
IanBillen
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Well I have no idea which is my personal favorite. Some days it is Dangerous Beauty. Some days it is Look What the Cat dragged In. some days it is Driving Too fast. A week and a half ago it was It Won't Take Long. these just keep circulating. A close close second can go to RJ or ONNYA or She Saw Me Coming. Honorable mention can go to LaughIND or RainFD or Biggest MS. Behing those you got the good tunes of SOL, Infamy, BOMH and Keiths number This Place is Empty.

The album is so damn solid I have like a new special favorite every three or four days.

Strangely my least favorite song of the whole album is Let Me Down Slow. I know it doesn't suck. And I do know it is a Fav among alot of people but I just cannot love it as the others. I just rate it as fair.

Still the very bottum of the barrel of a sixteen song hour album is one fair tune in my eyes. With a slew of great tunes, Some very good ones and the rest are all at least good. Now that is one heck of an album. Even just the good ones are kinda special and have their spot for you. It seems almost every single song is it's own gem. I mean A Bigger bang is like 5 or 6 great tunes, 5 very good tunes, 4 good tunes and like one mediocre in my eyes. Amazing how the album has this circulating number of favorites with me. No song, out of 16 is a let down.
and all but one is at least in the good range and the single one that isn't isn't a poor song it is just fair for me. And you just keep appreciating it more. and the neat thing is this album you like as soon as you hear it and it just keeps getting better. Wow

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
October 15th, 2005 04:04 PM
texile i'm sure mick overdubbed some backing - but keith is definately caterwaling on onnya....
i love when they come in on the chorus the 2nd time and keith does this little vocal flourish that cracks me up every time - 'messing up my liiiife...' - its so NOT right out of tune but that's why i love it...this song sounds so alive and LIVE - like when mick and keith would just sing into a mic together.....
i remember reading soemwhere this was the last song they wrote and recorded....anybody know?
October 15th, 2005 04:54 PM
StrangeStrayCat "She wrote the opening, the middle and the end. What a cast of characters, her lovers and my friends."

My favorite is definitely She Saw Me Comin'! Quintessential Stones, I love when these boys whoop it up!
[Edited by StrangeStrayCat]
[Edited by StrangeStrayCat]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)