ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations Cardinal Fang!! winner of the Trivia
Thanks so much Fernando Aceves

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Macca Poll Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-14-03 11:02 AM
T&A well, I see we've resumed the intellectual dialogue here....
10-14-03 11:18 AM
Joey

Josh ...............Please check your PM Immediately !

Raspy !
10-14-03 11:23 AM
jb
10-14-03 11:36 AM
Joey

10-14-03 01:26 PM
gypsy I think people should leave the land mines alone. Let the land mines be.

jb, I think you and your secretary should do it to "Silly Love Songs." Or would it make you go flaccid?
10-14-03 02:41 PM
Joey " I think people should leave the land mines alone. Let the land mines be. "

:rolleyes

Brother in tears
Look at this chain of sorrows ;
Stretching all the way from here and now to hell and gone .
I was Kid Clean
She was Anne de Siecle ;
Just a thrill away from punching through to the cosmic wow .
It started out good
Then it got lots better ......................
Makin' up the rules as we went along ;
But with a business like this
There's an gnarly downside .

I'm way deep into nothing special
Riding the crest of a wave breaking just west of Hollywood .

10-14-03 02:41 PM
Joey

10-14-03 05:50 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

Besides Driving Rain, what else?

Not a God Dammed Thing.

Driving Rain was a laugh, trying to shoot off the mouth like he don't know how.

Paul single-handedly wrote the hardest-rocking song the Beatles ever played: "Helter Skelter".

He's had some excellent rockers in the past that, surprise, no one listens to because he got rich offa "Silly Love Songs" and "My Love"!

"Give Ireland Back To The Irish", nice crunchy guitar in there. "Mumbo", a really nice one-take jam from the same sessions, "Big Barn Red", "Smile Away", "Rockshow", "So Glad To See You Here", "Rinse The Raindrops", "Lonely Road", "Helen Wheels"... I could go on for awhile, but you get the picture. He's written some excellent rockers.

Hey, whoever asked for an MP3? You'll have mail later tonight, if your mailbox can stomach it, of "Rinse The Raindrops", one of maybe three or four songs of his that I've just listened to and said "Why don't the Stones do a song like this?"

-tSYX --- Smile away! Oh oh oh oh, smile away!
10-14-03 07:18 PM
T&A right on, Savage!
10-14-03 07:58 PM
glencar Okay, okay, okay! Even though I loathe the idea of even seeing Paul in concert, I must admit that some of you have pointed out some good songs Paul's done over the past 40 years. Now, is it because you throw even sheet at the wall & some will stick or is it authentically good stuff? I guess it's pleasant enough & I admit I like a good portion of it(yes, glencar has his own copy of "FlowersIn The Dirt" albeit rarely played at that) it's not really rock & roll.
10-14-03 07:58 PM
glencar And again, the whole second wifey thing is more because of WHO she is rather than just that she's #2.
Page: 1 2