ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Qwest Field, Seattle, WA - 17th October 2006
© Seattle Post Intelligencer with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: which you prefer: 72 american tour or 73 european tour?? Return to archive Page: 1 2
8th October 2006 01:00 AM
gustavobala well, i prefer 73 european tour, but many brazilians friends prefer 72 american tour....

what´s you opinion? i said: set list, performance band e etc....

thanxs in advance!
8th October 2006 03:05 AM
Bruno
By the way, I just started downloading this boot called "Slippy Slippy Slippy - The Last Day Of Australian Tour 1973 Soundboard".

Info, please? What about audio quality and performance?
8th October 2006 07:30 AM
throbby '73 Europe!
8th October 2006 08:51 AM
Honky Tonk Man What about the Aussie '73 shows? If I could count them, I's day that the Perth soundboard is probably my favourite Stones performance.

I'll go for the US 72 tour becausae they played Bye Bye Johnny.
8th October 2006 09:20 AM
Zack I agree BBJ in 72 was fantastic - the best Chuck Berry they ever did. But I've got to go with Europe 73 as the absolute pinnacle of live Stones.

Bruno, if the show you've got is from the same source as Welcome to Australia (Sydney 27-02-73) its outstanding, 5-star stuff in both sound and performance.
8th October 2006 10:12 AM
Gazza Europe '73 - and not just because of 'Brussels affair' either.

Theres more soundboards and better quality audience recordings from the US tour, but performance-wise, the Europe '73 shows are a bit better
8th October 2006 11:54 AM
Stray Cat UK Two words why I'd go for 73 tour...................................................................MICK TAYLOR !

He was at his peak,as where the rest probably

sc uk
8th October 2006 12:43 PM
marko My pick is australia-73,BEST taylor shows.
8th October 2006 01:04 PM
speedfreakjive 72'

cos Taylor hadn't lost the plot by then - too many excessive solo's in 73'
8th October 2006 04:25 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. Europe '73. Some of the earlier shows (particularly in the UK) are bit off and sluggish (aside from London Sept. 9, of course). But once they hit the continent they're on fire. Their greatest tour ever.
8th October 2006 04:46 PM
axl79 IMHO it's a better setlist in the 73 european, with the new LP "Goats Head Soup" out. Just listen to Angie , Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ... The sounds is much better as well.
8th October 2006 06:28 PM
Lord Homosex The performances are better and harper in Europe. Taylor and Keith are at the height at their musical rapport. It's true - it took a while in 72 to get it all oiled up. Seems like in Charlotte, Indy,Norfolk, that general area they really hit their stride. Then NYC might have gotten a little blurry because of all the glam and birthday etc. Australia was excellent, but Europe had the new setlist.
We make such a big deal about them reherasing one newish tune these days. But back then in between tours they whipped up a whole new album of material. And turned them into instant centerpieces" Starfucker, Angie, Dancing with Mr D and Heartbreaker. 100 years even guested for a while.
8th October 2006 10:04 PM
wellwell Man I love the Nicaraguan Benefit show. That definitely seems like a pinnacle of sorts. A setlist where they broke out the nuggets, they were playing well but had some spontaneity and charming fumbles. The old Tight but Loose syndrome. That show has my favorite version of No Expectations. Taylor really shines on that track. Or what about Keith's vocals on It's All Over Now? True Glimmer moments.

Ok it is not the well-oiled machine of the past summer, or the coming galloping horse of the fall, but they have a groove going.

I lean towards the Winter 73. And then they only got better after LA as they headed West.
8th October 2006 11:39 PM
gustavobala no problem, fellas: winter tour are one of good doubts of my live too!

thanxs to post here!
9th October 2006 06:49 AM
Jumping Jack 73 Oz
9th October 2006 06:57 AM
Chuck Australia 73!!!!
9th October 2006 01:33 PM
jb 72-73 is a magical time when the band ruled the earth like dinosaurs once did........we had no equals.
9th October 2006 02:08 PM
gustavobala i like everyone of them (72, 73 winter, 73 europe) but i prefer 73 europe!

until (just for curious, ok?)

american 72: 2

winter tour(L.A.,Hawaii,Australia,N.Zeland,no Japan ): 6

73 europe: 9

thanxs in advance!
9th October 2006 07:05 PM
Lil Brian "Exile On Main Street", STP, and the '72 boots hooked me for life.
9th October 2006 07:22 PM
Soldatti European tour 1973
10th October 2006 06:27 AM
TornAndFrayed STP 1972 and Jan/Feb´73 by far.
Europe´73 is overrated.
10th October 2006 09:55 AM
jb Brussels stands out, but overall, 72 probably a by a hair. Philly Special, Welcome to New York, L&G all pure magic.
10th October 2006 10:58 AM
F505 my avatar says it all!
11th October 2006 10:23 AM
gustavobala everyone of them are fantastic, i repeat, just for curious, ok?

american 72: 6

winter tour(L.A., Hawaii, Australia, N.Zeland, no Japan ): 7

73 europe: 10

[Edited by gustavobala]
11th October 2006 10:25 AM
Lethargy
quote:
jb wrote:
72-73 is a magical time when the band ruled the earth like dinosaurs once did........we had no equals.

I know, can you imagine the scenenario? Your most recent albums are the ones now considered their masterpieces, they still had Mick Taylor, Keith was a killer rhythm guitarist, the band still seemed hungry and abounding with youthful energy. Wish I was old enough at the time to see them during that era. Were you, JB?
11th October 2006 10:26 AM
Lethargy
quote:
F505 wrote:
my avatar says it all!

As Mick said in 25x5, "A Pretty Wild Tour - girls, drink, ... you name it. Rock and roll even."
11th October 2006 10:56 AM
Phog The Pacific Rim '73 shows are my favorites. Great stuff.
11th October 2006 04:33 PM
Your Cousin Lou Although I think the performances in 73 were better, The 72 Setlist makes me choose that year. L&G's Bitch, Sweet Virginia and Love In Vain seal the deal.
11th October 2006 07:49 PM
texile i love the aura and magic of the 72 stones so that wins it for me...

but the aussie 73 boots are amazing - the sound quality is perfectly rock and roll.
you'd swear you were sitting 10 feet away from the band -
clean, tight but dirty and without the slickness of the 73 europe recordings.
the venues were smaller and mostly outside so you get that live band at the local rodeo feel....
the european shows have too much audience noise that just echoes everything.

11th October 2006 07:52 PM
texile
quote:
wellwell wrote:
Man I love the Nicaraguan Benefit show. That definitely seems like a pinnacle of sorts. A setlist where they broke out the nuggets, they were playing well but had some spontaneity and charming fumbles. The old Tight but Loose syndrome. That show has my favorite version of No Expectations. Taylor really shines on that track. Or what about Keith's vocals on It's All Over Now? True Glimmer moments.

taylor on no expectations is lovely - and what about that solo on ycagwyw? magic.

a great warmup to australia.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)