ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks keefkid
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Keefkid
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MCI Center, Washington DC October 3rd 2005 - setllist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 3rd, 2005 10:28 AM
Paranoid_Android Let the postings begin!!!

See Ya there!
October 3rd, 2005 04:27 PM
Paranoid_Android BUMP...I hear Jagger is staying at the Hay-Adams
October 3rd, 2005 04:43 PM
Saint Sway dude, didnt you get the memo?

we all took a vote and decided that everyone should skip this show

but if you're still going, then have fun. And report back after the show.
October 3rd, 2005 06:58 PM
Paranoid_Android So...the rumours for DC have been SWEET NEO CON...Going to a Go-Go...and She Saw Me Cumming...Let's hope for at least all 3 of them!!!
October 3rd, 2005 07:00 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
dude, didnt you get the memo?

we all took a vote and decided that everyone should skip this show

but if you're still going, then have fun. And report back after the show.

How could I skip this show...it's about 10 blocks from my house!!!

How can I report from the show?!? I wont be home until late...I Have to close up my bar tonite
October 3rd, 2005 08:44 PM
PartyDoll MEG On Shidoobee, Doug just reported they played Sweet Virginia, Laugh I nearly Died, and Rain Fall Down in Sound check!!!!
October 3rd, 2005 08:46 PM
pdog I was about to post that too Meg!
October 3rd, 2005 08:47 PM
pdog Setlist from doug...
Shidoobee!
He was backstage!
1. START ME UP
2. YOU GOT ME ROCKIN'
3. SHE'S SO COLD
4. TUMBLIN' DICE
5. ROUGH JUSTICE
6. BACK OF MY HAND
7. BEAST OF BURDEN
8. BITCH
9. MR. PITIFULL
10. THE WORST
11. INFAMY
12. MISS YOU
13. OH NO, NOT YOU AGAIN
14. SHATTERED
15. HONKY TONK WOMEN
16. SYMPATHY
17. IT'S ONLY ROCK N ROLL
18. BROWN SUGAR
19. SATISFACTION
20. YCAGWYW
21. JJF
October 3rd, 2005 08:48 PM
LadyJane No need to watch the setlist come in.

LJ.
October 3rd, 2005 08:49 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
No need to watch the setlist come in.

LJ.

Tonight will be the first night I wil be home and able to watch MNF.
Two shitty teams however! Oh well!
October 3rd, 2005 08:53 PM
LadyJane Let's sticky this!!!!

Admin...are you watching??!!!!

Sound check sounds VERY interesting.....LIND would be a GREAT surprise.

LJ.
October 3rd, 2005 08:53 PM
PartyDoll MEG Our fun was ruined again tonite LJ!!
October 3rd, 2005 08:58 PM
LadyJane
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Our fun was ruined again tonite LJ!!

I hear ya MEG!!!!

I'm working on having the setlist called to me from Duke on Saturday.....my bubble does NOT need bursting.

LJ.
October 3rd, 2005 09:16 PM
LadyJane Listening to SMU via phone right now!!!!!!

Thanks jaggergirl!!!!

LJ.
October 3rd, 2005 09:28 PM
LeedsLungs71 I'm sitting about 23 miles away from MCI Center right now. Online reading Stones boards and watching the Packers and the Panthers play on Monday night.

After seeing the setlist, I am grateful I didn't fork over the 400 bucks to Michael Cohl and Ticketbastard!

I've already heard this show on the boots from the 2005 tour.

No surprises for DC tonight! Bummer.

Jaded and faded and feeling like a junkie nurse tonight..

LL71
October 3rd, 2005 09:42 PM
Saint Sway don't they - The Stones - want to mix it up?? We're all bored reading this same old set list. They must get bored playing it? At least throw in one or two new songs a night.

How hard would it of been to play Sweet Virginia tonite in DC?

the sound check looked very promising. What happened?

sorry, to sound like a broken record at this point, but I just dont get it.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
October 3rd, 2005 09:48 PM
LeedsLungs71 I would be really bummed if they had played Sweet Virginia in DC tonight...and I wasn't there.

Love in Vain, where is Love in Vain? Do the Stones now have something against Robert Johnson's estate? Like they do against Chuck Berry?

Where are the real blues roots of the Stones on this tour? Ray Charles and Otis Redding songs done as a Vegas revue don't cut it!!

I'm afraid that Chuck Berry and Robert Johnson are guests at the Memory Motel...
October 3rd, 2005 09:56 PM
LadyJane Leeds....one question.

Have you been to a show of this Tour???

To say that Nightime and Mr Pitiful are Vegas like is just laughable.

The setlist changes ever so slightly every show. The band is playing BETTER than they have in years.

Read the reviews....even the seasoned Stones veteran proclaims "BEST STONES EVER".

So I ask you again...Have you attended a show???

LJ.

October 3rd, 2005 10:20 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Leeds....one question.

Have you been to a show of this Tour???

To say that Nightime and Mr Pitiful are Vegas like is just laughable.

The setlist changes ever so slightly every show. The band is playing BETTER than they have in years.

Read the reviews....even the seasoned Stones veteran proclaims "BEST STONES EVER".

So I ask you again...Have you attended a show???

LJ.

As I said in the Hershey thread, I was in awe with jaw dropped during Nightime. It truly was that good. Add in another fact that conservatively this is the best Stones since 81. Nuff said.

Rick
October 3rd, 2005 10:39 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxmeister wrote:

As I said in the Hershey thread, I was in awe with jaw dropped during Nightime. It truly was that good. Add in another fact that conservatively this is the best Stones since 81. Nuff said.

Rick

That IS conservative. I'd say best Stones since '73, myself.

Glad you made it home okay - my GOD it was great hanging with you guys this weekend!

The C10 rule - all four of us!
October 3rd, 2005 11:35 PM
lonecrapshooter Agreed. Hershey was spellbinding esp. Night Time and Back Of My Hand. I feel truly privileged to have seen that show.
October 4th, 2005 12:08 AM
pdog I actually have butterflies thinking about Philly next week.
Ooops, I take that back, I just ate some bad sushi, need to go puke!

October 4th, 2005 01:11 AM
TomL I gotta do this now while I can still remember, work can wait in the morning.

What a fucking night. The luck of the Irish was upon me again. Had section 418, sold them for sec 218, then........

left home with my son Ryan for his first stones show. Got to the MCI around 5:30 and parked then cabbed it to The Bottom Line. Saw Doug, oldkr, Bingobabe, rob, pittsburghjoe, lynn, the couple from Austria, and stones music was flowing. There while I am sitting in the back with Ryan, and behold me in comes...sirstonesalot, factory girl and the man himself, JB( with his son). JB was nice to us JOEY. All kidding aside Josh is a good man, and finnaly nice to meet you. SSAL was his usally self, great to see you again man. Josh bought us too many drinks, thanks you simpleton. Back into the cab and we are back at MCI. Too early to go in I convience Ryan to duck into a Chineesse resturant. I just needed a drink. He ate the shit out of some fried rice though. Off to the show. I decided at the last minute to take a chance. Sold my tix for half price and upgraded to the next section down to 218. Show started and it was great. Band on fire again. Ronnie was on fire, and Kieth also. BOB was good to hear again.

Right before the intro's I decide to piss and get some popcorn for Ryan. I piss, get to the stand and this beautiful women comes up and slips on the floor. I catch her, she thanks me, then says how would like tickets in front of the B-stage. DAH. So I took the tickets(sec 106), kissed the girl on the sweaty drips of her ass and ran back to my seat. Keith was still on the worst, Ry let's go. We get to sec 108 and there is a flood in the alisle.

Walk into our new seats and there was stonesdoug and oldkr. B-stage coming our way and everyone pumped.

When they did shattered, Mick new some of the faithfull were there. Was so pumped just to be there, and to see my son singing Shatered was priceless. Doug I give you credit, Mick knew. I am fucking numb right now. Great show.

Also I did get to meet the great MARKO tonight, wish I could of spent more time with you. Nanky you were missed well. THAT AINT'T RIGHT.

Josh- thanks for the kinds words, I do not mean to spoige your immage, but you are a kind soul. Health and happiness to you and your family.

SSAL- rock on fucker.

Charlottesville here we come..............LINC OUT
October 4th, 2005 03:25 AM
pdog Tom, that was awesome!
October 4th, 2005 07:07 AM
LadyJane The Tour of TomL continues!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps it is a good thing that Nanky has no internet access at the moment...this would kill him!!!!

Gold rings on ya, my friend.

Nice to read about all my friends AND THEIR kids enjoying the Stones!!!!!!! This is what we have waited for, idn't it???

LJ.
October 4th, 2005 08:06 AM
parmeda Tom...you are one crazy muthafucker!

I'm glad to hear your son was able to get a "true" experience from it all...jumping seats is great, no?

When are you coming up for air? ...lmao
October 4th, 2005 08:13 AM
Nellcote B stage Action, you can't beat it!
Thanks for the review, I can't wait for an arena show.
Hey Tom, my friends from Annapolis were in Sec 112, looking forward to hearing from them.
Although, they probably will not be as animated as you!

Cheers!
October 4th, 2005 09:19 AM
Joey " JB was nice to us JOEY "

Of COURSE he was nice TomL ........ my Baby Josh is ALWAYS nice ......

Thanks for the review -- sounds like everyone had a fantastic time ( too bad SWAY wasn't in the mix though ....... ) !!!!!!!

Oh Well , perhaps the band will perform this gem for the remainder of the arena gigs .

[ Edited by Joshy ]
[Edited by Joey]
October 4th, 2005 09:25 AM
telecaster
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
sorry, to sound like a broken record at this point, but I just dont get it.

Believe all of us....we agree with you....you just don't get it
October 4th, 2005 11:06 AM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT I went there very last minute, got in for 200 a pop in section 226, pretty good seats... side of the stage on ronnies side... seen jb in the front row... at the end of the show one of the Stones through a towel out to the audence and guess who caught it??? JB! haha very funny as they must of seen him sweating... he instantly dried his face and gave it to his son. Touching moment acually...

BofB was good to hear along with Mr. P, the horns were awesome on that tune. Shattered was the highlight of the show for me, 1st time seeing it since waaaay back in 1994 (1st show ever) when I was only 10, so I don't remember t too well.... and the show ended like every show should... with JJF! KEEF ROCKED!!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)