ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA-6th October 2005
© Marisa Roman, Daily Progress and Richmond Times Dispatch with thanks to moy and Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What a baseball game!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
2nd October 2007 12:20 AM
Fiji Joe Rockies win in 9-8 in 14 innings

And oh wait...Holliday never touched the plate...he should have been called out
2nd October 2007 12:21 AM
pdog didn't touch it, at least I know who Philly will beat. Face plant slide too, damn that was tooth losing shit.
2nd October 2007 12:23 AM
Fiji Joe Off of Trevor Hoffman no less...gonna be some pissed off Padres fans
2nd October 2007 12:25 AM
lotsajizz Rockies were scrappy
2nd October 2007 12:31 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:
didn't touch it, at least I know who Philly will beat. Face plant slide too, damn that was tooth losing shit.

Phillies certainly have an American League offense...but I don't see anyone in their starting rotation with shutdown capability...Cubs have the pitching...in the national league at least
2nd October 2007 12:37 AM
pdog
2nd October 2007 12:59 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Oh snap!...they gonna go Salman Rushdie on that guy

2nd October 2007 01:07 AM
pdog In case of Jihad!

2nd October 2007 01:28 AM
BONOISLOVE This thread is kinda gay, as usual.

God bless the Bono.
2nd October 2007 01:41 AM
Morrisey Hotel
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
This thread is kinda gay, as usual.

God bless the Bono.

More gay than that time we did the entire Chelsea Football Club?
2nd October 2007 01:42 AM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Morrisey Hotel wrote:

More gay than that time we did the entire Chelsea Football Club?

You should start to be proudly gay. What are you scared of? Bats???
2nd October 2007 08:54 AM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

Really well-done. MUCH more eddective than that faggy Lee Bollinger's "snappy" speech at Columbia.
2nd October 2007 09:43 AM
Lil Brian
quote:
pdog wrote:...at least I know who Philly will beat

I'm not so sure, PDog. Don't look now but the Rockies are already in Philadelphia. They flew out last night. This might be a good series. I don't see a sweep either so Sat & Sun in Colorado is going to rock!

Hoffman should retire right now. He might be done anyway. He wasn't keeping the ball down at all, and they drilled him.

Sunday's game in Denver was awesome too. All a Rockies fan could ask for. Beautiful.

And as far as the play at the plate and the fact he didn't touch, who cares? !!!!! go Rockies!
2nd October 2007 10:05 AM
glencar Go Rockies! We need to put those Phillies in the dirt!!!!!!
2nd October 2007 10:53 AM
Steel Wheels The Rockies will have a tough hotel stay in Philly. Trust me. This town is in a fever pitch.

Cole Hamels is on the mound. He'll shut them down right quick.
2nd October 2007 11:44 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Rockies win in 9-8 in 14 innings

truly a game for the ages!

It doesnt get more dramatic than an extra inning dead heat on the 163rd game

he looked out... but they also got robbed of a HR earlier. So I guess its a wash.... but still something that fans will debate for years... it will only add to the legend of this game
2nd October 2007 03:22 PM
time is on my side "What sport?..when you know before the first game is played 60% of the league has no chance to win because of salary and income disparity.Its a joke..yeah I'm sure those in NYC and Beantown are lovin it...But the other 90% of the country is sick of it...Bring on Week 3 of the NFL where anything can happen every week for every team....thats what I call sport...Gee whoda thunk the Devil Rays will be last for the tenth year in a row!....hey there only 27 games back though...."

Now let me see, in the National League, you now have the Rockies, Cubs, Phillies, and Diamondbacks thrown into the mix. Outside of the one season in 2001 by the Diamondbacks, I think it's been awhile since any of these teams has won anything in baseball. Cities like Phoenix, Denver, Chicago, and Philadephia may even be excited.

Think of this, in the last seven years, there have been seven different World Championships. Let me do some math. Yep, in just the last seven years, 23% of all MLB teams have won a World Championship. No other major sport in the U.S. can say that. Parity in the NFL??? Sure, but it doesn't seem to be as much as in MLB at least not in the last seven years (Colts, Pats sure do look strong to me this year- weren't they strong last year and the year before that- if anything, they look to me to be getter better not weaker- oops what happened to the parity????)

Look at the teams in the playoffs. It's been awhile since half of these teams can boast of winning a World Championship (for the Cubs, its been 100 years). My guess there's a good chance it could be 8 years; 8 different Championships. Maybe not. That's just the thing about baseball, you just never know what's going to happen. Anthing can happen in a day (just look at that game last night), anything can happen in a few weeks (did someone mention the Mets???), anything can happen from year to year (7 years; 7 different champions); anything can happen in a series (see Cubs 2003, Yankees 2004; Red Sox 1986- well actually the list is endless so I'll just stop there)

edited for spelling

[Edited by time is on my side]
2nd October 2007 04:30 PM
Fiji Joe Fine post Time..and oh...don't even get me started on dem thug prick sucking, baggy pants worshipping, pasty whitebread wannabe NBA fans...few things more ridiculous in this world than a camera panning the stands at an NBA game...I'm telling ya...when a grown man tells you he likes NBA basketball, just assume he's drunk, stupid, or crazy
2nd October 2007 06:18 PM
Starbuck have we seen enough of tay zonday?

he was so august 2007.
2nd October 2007 06:23 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
have we seen enough of tay zonday?

he was so august 2007.

So are you...yet???
2nd October 2007 06:25 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Rockies win in 9-8 in 14 innings

..... I feel ya Lil' Fiji ( Oh , Little Fiji ... Lil' Fiji ) .

2nd October 2007 06:28 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Joey wrote:

..... I feel ya Lil' Fiji ( Oh , Little Fiji ... Lil' Fiji ) .

Please Joey...wipe the glaze off your knuckles before you post
3rd October 2007 07:38 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Please Joey...wipe the glaze off your knuckles before you post

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4th October 2007 12:31 AM
glencar You been had. AGAIN!
4th October 2007 08:47 AM
Mr Jurkka Who cares.. baseball is slow and boring game where two coaches and referee argue about a line and a ball..
4th October 2007 09:31 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:
Who cares.. baseball is slow and boring game where two coaches and referee argue about a line and a ball..

wrong on all counts
4th October 2007 11:17 AM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:
Who cares.. baseball is slow and boring game where two coaches and referee argue about a line and a ball..

Eno once told me that he played baseball in Japan, nude, with men and women from all ages (starting 18).

Then, I found out that in Japan watermelons and exotic fruits are very expensive. So I bought, like, a thousand watermelons and I had sex with women. It was kind of a very weird situation because the Bono isn't familiar with neurotic people.
4th October 2007 12:35 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
You been had. AGAIN!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4th October 2007 12:36 PM
glencar Hurts so good!
4th October 2007 12:40 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Hurts so good!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)