ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Sir
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chuck Berry Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 7th, 2005 01:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels What you all make of that cat?
October 7th, 2005 01:23 PM
jb Great Pioneer...became major pervert, douche bag, shit -watching eater, bitter fuck.
October 7th, 2005 01:26 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
October 7th, 2005 01:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Great Pioneer...became major pervert, douche bag, shit -watching eater, bitter fuck.

Gawd....what did you have to bring that up for? I'm listening to him on the music box right now. But that was a major blow to the stomache.
October 7th, 2005 01:37 PM
gimmekeef He was a pioneer but really benefitted from Johnny Johnson on piano who according to Keith "wrote" most of the Berryesque tunes (Keith states in the Hail Hail R&R movie the songs were written in "piano keys...Johnny Johnson keys").Chuck's lyrics are awesome though too....
October 7th, 2005 01:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
He was a pioneer but really benefitted from Johnny Johnson on piano who according to Keith "wrote" most of the Berryesque tunes (Keith states in the Hail Hail R&R movie the songs were written in "piano keys...Johnny Johnson keys").Chuck's lyrics are awesome though too....

I can believe that. I mean I know I might sound like a broken record but the piano is THE rock n roll instrument not the guitar. But its a Mick n Keith thing, its hard to have one without the other. The only band that I can think of that don't need a piano is ac/dc. Even the Great Kinks tunes had a piano...but not an official piano player. Big mistake.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
October 7th, 2005 06:48 PM
IzzyStradlin I'd rather pay $15 to see Chuck Berry than pay $150 to see the Stones any day of the week.

At least Chuck can still play the guitar.
October 7th, 2005 07:01 PM
T&A what's to say - he is the single greatest musical pioneer in rock'n'roll history. Period. who the hell cares whether he's a pervert or not - you don't think MJ isn't?
October 7th, 2005 07:50 PM
Stray Cat UK I paid £35($60) to see him last year.

HE WAS SHITE. a half decent Johhny B Gooode and a few seconds of duckwalk don't cut it.

He started arguing with the audience and reciting poetry !

The worst atmosphere at a gig ever, I've been listening to a few boots from the 70s and 80 s and it appears that he has always been crap live.
He used to get his daughter to "sing" with him,probably because she would do it for free,but she was fucking rubbish as well !

He dosent care .

Keith recorded the best ever live Berry on Hail Hail RnR.
October 7th, 2005 08:15 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
What you all make of that cat?

What do I make of 'that cat'?

One of the most important figures in the history of Rock N' Roll. AT LEAST as important as Elvis Presley. Keith's biggest influence and the source of many great Stones covers including:

Around and Around
Carol
Little Queenie
Roll Over Beethoven
Bye Bye Johnny
Let It Rock

His sense of rythym, economical guitar licks and powerful lyrics make him one of the All Time Greats.

Well she drew out all her money out from southern trust
And put a little boy aboard a greyhound bus
Leaving Lousiana for the golden west
Down came her tears from her happiness
Her own little son named Johnny B Goode
Was gonna make some motion pictures out in Hollywood

Bye bye bye bye
Bye bye bye bye
Bye bye Johnny bye bye Johnny B Goode

Well she remember taking money out from gathering crops
And buying Johnny's guitar at a broker shop
As long as he could play it by the railroad side
And wouldn't get in trouble she'd be satisfied
Never thought there'd ever come a day like this
When she would gladly give her son a goodbye kiss

Bye bye bye bye
Bye bye bye bye

Well she finally got the letter she was dreaming of
Johnny wrote and told her he had fell in love
As soon as he was married he would bring her back
And build a mansion for her by the railroad tracks
And everytime they heard the locomotive roar
They'd be a standing, waving in the kitchen door

Howling bye bye bye bye
Now bye bye bye bye

HAIL HAIL ROCK AND ROLL
October 7th, 2005 10:14 PM
jb THE GUY HAS SUCKED AS A PERFORMER FOR THE LAST 25 YRS AND HE HATES EVERYONE.........kEITH TRIED TO RESURRECT THUS PRICK'S CAREER AND SEE WHAT THANKS HE GOT FROM HIM....aND NO, i DON'T THINK jAGGER GETS OFF ON SHITTING FETISHES..
October 7th, 2005 10:21 PM
polksalad69
quote:
jb wrote:
THE GUY HAS SUCKED AS A PERFORMER FOR THE LAST 25 YRS AND HE HATES EVERYONE.........kEITH TRIED TO RESURRECT THUS PRICK'S CAREER AND SEE WHAT THANKS HE GOT FROM HIM....aND NO, i DON'T THINK jAGGER GETS OFF ON SHITTING FETISHES..

didn't chuck clock him or something like dat?
October 7th, 2005 10:30 PM
jb
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:

didn't chuck clock him or something like dat?

Yes...and got pissed when Ronnnie and Keith went on stage at one of his 70's show..total prick imo....and he can't play anymore either....bittter old man................
October 8th, 2005 12:31 AM
polksalad69 Sleepy LaBeef does a good Chuck.
October 8th, 2005 12:34 AM
Chris74 Well it's a shame how you talk about Chuck Berry. I mean yes he is - diplomatically spoken - difficult. But this guy has invented some of the masterpiece riffs in Rock. His double stop guitar technique was revolutionary. And look for example at the riffing of the song "Nadine". A lot of the Stones is fundamented on that licks. That he can't play with 80 years as fresh as with 30 is understandeable.
Look only at the moment in "Hail Hail Rock'n Roll" where he plays the lying pedal steel guitar - that says more than 1000 words.

October 8th, 2005 03:44 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:

Keith recorded the best ever live Berry on Hail Hail RnR.

i'd say the best ever live berry keith ever did - hell one of the best ever live stones tracks - was "bye bye johnny" in Ladies and Gentleman - it smokes any of the tunes done in hail hail rock and roll

the best parts of hail hail are the steel guitar piece mentioned by Chris 74 and chuck doing "cottage for sale" and the truly great "i'm through with love" - which was followed by chuck's hilarious lines to keith(who he refers to as "Jack")

"you play some mighty pretty chords to be a rock and roller Jack...you shoulda been a jazz artist Jack"

to which keith replies - "ah,there's no money in it...Jack!!"

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
October 8th, 2005 03:52 AM
beer
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

i'd say the best ever live berry keith ever did - hell one of the best ever live stones tracks - was "bye bye johnny" in Ladies and Gentleman - it smokes any of the tunes done in hail hail rock and roll

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]

Fuck yeah! Watching Keith and Taylor trade rhythm and leads on that song on the L&G video is cool. One of my Favorites.

-
October 8th, 2005 08:47 AM
jb Hail Hail, imo, was boring.....did not like much of the set and Berry made it hard to enjoy..Keith acting like a little wimp out of respct for the turd dispenser.
October 8th, 2005 08:53 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
jb wrote:
Hail Hail, imo, was boring.....did not like much of the set and Berry made it hard to enjoy..Keith acting like a little wimp out of respct for the turd dispenser.

No one dispenses quite as many turds as you, jb.

Does one judge a man based on his highest achievements or his most base preoccupations?

I know how Chuck comes out if you chose the former - the template of the smarter-than-the-authorities guitar slinging rock and roll wiseass. I see you choose to focus on the latter.

In those terms, that makes you a bitter, time wasting, incessantly whining Asian ass fucker with shit on your dick.

Hail Hail.
October 8th, 2005 08:55 AM
jb
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

No one dispenses quite as many turds as you, jb.

Does one judge a man based on his highest achievements or his most base preoccupations?

I know how Chuck comes out if you chose the former - the template of the smarter-than-the-authorities guitar slinging rock and roll wiseass. I see you choose to focus on the latter.

In those terms, that makes you a bitter, time wasting, incessantly whining Asian ass fucker with shit on your dick.

Hail Hail.

You shall not be greeted in Asheville next summer.
October 8th, 2005 08:59 AM
Nasty Habits Hail Hail!
October 8th, 2005 09:01 AM
jb Indeed.....enjoy the couch and your people. You are truly a "A" list poster.
October 8th, 2005 09:10 AM
Nasty Habits Same thing/every day/getting up/posting drool/
No need for me to complain - my objection’s overruled.

Too much joshy business for me to be involved in.

October 8th, 2005 09:18 AM
jb
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Same thing/every day/getting up/posting drool/
No need for me to complain - my objection’s overruled.

Too much joshy business for me to be involved in.

You never really quite got it..but hey, the Joe Tex CD is cool.
October 8th, 2005 09:59 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
jb wrote:

You never really quite got it..

before you 'cuse me, take a look at yourself!
October 8th, 2005 10:02 AM
jb
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

before you 'cuse me, take a look at yourself!

I alwasy do, and like what I see.........can you say the same?
October 8th, 2005 10:07 AM
Nasty Habits Two, three count with nobody on
I hit a high fly into the stand
Rounding third & was headed for home
I was a brown eyed handsome man!
[Edited by Nasty Habits]
October 8th, 2005 12:48 PM
T&A JB - on this topic you show your ignorance. I've seen Chuck a few times over the past couple of decades (and have many recordings) - he still usually puts on a clinic on the stage.

Fuck those who would diss this man.
October 8th, 2005 01:00 PM
jb
quote:
T&A wrote:
JB - on this topic you show your ignorance. I've seen Chuck a few times over the past couple of decades (and have many recordings) - he still usually puts on a clinic on the stage.

Fuck those who would diss this man.

T&A-has there ever been a topic you have agreed with me. I said the guy is a pioneer!!!! Off course he , with other afriucan americaqn blue artists, made it possible for the Stones. However, you cannot discard his disdain for people, his audience, the Stones, etc, particularly this last 20 yrs...I have heard people say he sucked and others say he was great..I guess just like the mordern Stones.
October 8th, 2005 01:14 PM
T&A yeah - we've agreed on a few things recently. let's just put it this way on CB:

No Chuck Berry....No Stones. 'Nuff said.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)