ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Sue the good one... from Seattle
© 2005 Kevin Mazur with thanks to Sue!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Worst / Infamy Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 2nd, 2005 10:52 AM
UGot2Rollme Keef has done these 2 every show played to date on this tour. It's getting old. I can understand wanting to promote Infamy, but, c'mon Keith MIX IT UP a bit for us (pardon the expression) junkies!
October 2nd, 2005 10:56 AM
Ten Thousand Motels He's too drunk to matter anymore. Like me.
October 2nd, 2005 11:07 AM
LadyJane At first I was annoyed with Keith.

Now I am concerned, especially with the lack of input on ABB.

I can understand wanting to promote Infamy...but he's got plenty of ballads other than The Worst.

When I look at the four major players..it's Keith who doesn't seem into it this time. KEITH not into it???????

I'm worried about him....can't shake it.

LJ.

October 2nd, 2005 11:15 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Too drunk to matter anymore.
October 2nd, 2005 11:24 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Too drunk to matter anymore.

Oh he'll always matter......to ME and thousands of others. Perhaps you meant "too drunk to care anymore".

Not a joke anymore.....the alcoholism is taking its toll and it's apparent on this Tour.

LJ.
October 2nd, 2005 03:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Perhaps you meant "too drunk to care anymore".

No, I meant matter. Because if it doesn't matter to him than it isn't going to matter to anyone else ultimately. Drunks are deluded. The mirror is bent. A drunk doesn't see himself/herself as the world does. I think one probelm with him is that his family are perfect Al-Alon candidtaes. They can't or won't confront him. They love him too much and I can see why. So Keith has a choice, either he quits drinking or he'll be dead in 10 years....and he's already all washed up. Again Mick saves the day. ABB might or might not suck but Mick is keeping the Stones going. IMO.

October 2nd, 2005 03:11 PM
LadyJane TTM...I agree with you 100% and it breaks my heart to say it.

LJ.
October 2nd, 2005 03:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Keith and Winos at the Palladium in one of the best rock n roll videos ever. That night Keith was in top form....the very definition and epitomy of a rock star. It was pefect and doesn't get any better than that. The song was Take it so Hard. It doesn't get any better that.
October 2nd, 2005 03:56 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Keith and Winos at the Palladium in one of the best rock n roll videos ever. That night Keith was in top form....the very definition and epitomy of a rock star. It was pefect and doesn't get any better than that. The song was Take it so Hard. It doesn't get any better that.

That's a great one! Also his show in Boston in 1993 that's on dvd is a great one!
October 2nd, 2005 04:14 PM
erikjjf
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
Keef has done these 2 every show played to date on this tour. It's getting old.

In 1997, Keith played the same two songs (All About You and Wanna Hold You) the first 24 shows.
October 2nd, 2005 04:23 PM
Moonisup
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

In 1997, Keith played the same two songs (All About You and Wanna Hold You) the first 24 shows.

I hope he doesn't do that,
October 2nd, 2005 04:46 PM
speedfreakjive I reckon that Keith just wants to play one of his new songs, it probably makes a change for him.
October 2nd, 2005 09:14 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
At first I was annoyed with Keith.

Now I am concerned, especially with the lack of input on ABB.

I can understand wanting to promote Infamy...but he's got plenty of ballads other than The Worst.

When I look at the four major players..it's Keith who doesn't seem into it this time. KEITH not into it???????

LJ.

I too am concerned with the apparent lack of input on the new album but I wouldn't go so far as to say he's not into the tour. I only have one show to base my opinion on but I thought both he and Ron played very well in Pgh. Not only that but he seemed to enjoy himself. I think we'd all like to see Keith pull out some rarities this tour but the entire setlist hasn't had much variety so I don't expect Keith's to be any different.
October 2nd, 2005 11:21 PM
Soldatti
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

It seems that he wants to reach that mark, and he will.
October 2nd, 2005 11:57 PM
time is on my side It could be he's trying to break that mark!!

As the tour winds along and the STONES change their setlist a little bit at a TIME (love to see them perform SWAY live), Keith is still slavishly stuck on THE WORST and INFAMY.

The STONES are going to do what they're going to do and, from all accounts, what they've been doing lately has been grand and glorious. They've been on fire with some great performances. Yet one can't hope that somewhere along the way, somewhere along the road, Keith ditches The Worst and Infamy set at least for a night & finally mixes it up by playing something unexpected which means something besides THE WORST & INFAMY.

[Edited by time is on my side]
October 3rd, 2005 12:58 AM
Brainbell Jangler Keith has been doing what he does so well for so long that he can still do it well, despite the obvious alcoholic deterioration (which was more than noticeable from the third row in the Licks tour, not to mention the ZZ Top/R'n'R Hall of Fame incident). But I believe the drinking is keeping him from mixing it up this tour. Keith once said he quit heroin when he realized it wasn't just hurting him and his family, but also the band, "which was unforgiveable," he is quoted as saying. It's past time he had the same realization about the booze.
October 3rd, 2005 03:09 AM
padre
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
the ZZ Top/R'n'R Hall of Fame incident

What's that?
October 3rd, 2005 12:41 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
As the tour winds along and the STONES change their setlist a little bit at a TIME (love to see them perform SWAY live), Keith is still slavishly stuck on THE WORST and INFAMY.

you guys are too harsh.

face it, Keith is fried. Have you not noticed? He can BARELY sing and play guitar at the same time anymore and you want him to play different songs.

We're lucky he makes it thru those two. So lets not put any other pressure on him.

besides.... I remember at the Hartford show he really mixed it up: he played Infamy 1st and then The Worst 2nd.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
October 3rd, 2005 06:41 PM
FPM C10 Well, having only seen one show, it doesn't matter much to me whether he mixes it up or not. At Hershey "The Worst" was absolutely beautiful - kudos to Woody's pedal steel (hey, can Mick Taylor play one o'them things? No, I didn't think so)and Bernard's backing vocals. "Infamy", although it was okay, was the low point of the show for me.
October 3rd, 2005 09:19 PM
Bitch I AGREE! hearing those 2 every show, and I've seen 5 so far, is getting a bit boring - sure they're great songs but Rotate the songs, Keef,it's getting too repetitious. LITTLE T&A OR HAPPY are always good choices, anyone listening?
October 3rd, 2005 09:41 PM
LeedsLungs71 Keith is going to play them again tonight in Washington DC.

...I skip over those two songs on the 2005 boots.
October 4th, 2005 03:02 AM
Brainbell Jangler padre--
Keith gave the induction speech for ZZ Top at the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame a year ago (I think it was). It was basically incoherent.
October 4th, 2005 03:24 AM
pdog Keith is getting close to being like Ozzy!
It's his life, as long as he can still play the guitar...
Keith is beyond everyone... He lives life on his own plain and frequency....
I love him...
October 4th, 2005 11:27 AM
padre
quote:
pdog wrote:
Keith is getting close to being like Ozzy!

Good God! That's a frightening thought. Imagine if Keef would let the cameras into his house and life and would turn himself into parody of his former self! Scary.....
October 4th, 2005 11:36 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
padre--
Keith gave the induction speech for ZZ Top at the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame a year ago (I think it was). It was basically incoherent.

fucking drunk and not able to say 1 thing that mattered about ZZ top
October 4th, 2005 06:25 PM
Saint Sway why is everyone bashing Keith???

I love Keith!!

everyone here who's knocking Keith for his excessive drinking are also the ones that make a mad dash to the beer line during his set. Hypocrites!

This is a Stones board! Everyone here loves the Stones! No one wants to hear this negativity! If you dont like Keith and his drinking then take it up somewhere else like an al-anon msg board or an alcoholics anonymous board.

cheers!
[Edited by Saint Sway]
October 4th, 2005 09:28 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
why is everyone bashing Keith???

I love Keith!!

everyone here who's knocking Keith for his excessive drinking are also the ones that make a mad dash to the beer line during his set. Hypocrites!

This is a Stones board! Everyone here loves the Stones! No one wants to hear this negativity! If you dont like Keith and his drinking then take it up somewhere else like an al-anon msg board or an alcoholics anonymous board.

cheers!
[Edited by Saint Sway]

Shut up !!! you're a complete moron!!! I wouldn't greet you with Joeys dick!
October 5th, 2005 12:00 AM
Brainbell Jangler Everyone here loves Keith, Saint Schwag. Some of us love him enough to want him firing on all cylinders, not deteriorating into an alcoholic shadow of himself. Others--let's call them "enablers"--just love him to death.
October 5th, 2005 08:53 AM
Lavendar in·fa·my : evil reputation brought about by something grossly criminal, shocking, or brutal
2 a : an extreme and publicly known criminal or evil act b : the state of being infamous
synonym see DISGRACE
Is this what you are Talkin about! Keith LOL
All you want to do is Rock N Roll with me!??
October 5th, 2005 09:22 AM
FPM C10
quote:
pdog wrote:

Shut up !!! you're a complete moron!!! I wouldn't greet you with Joeys dick!

I would!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)