ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Giant Stadium, Spetember 28, 2002 by Mark Fisher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keiths Digits? Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-02-02 11:22 AM
Scottfree I know this was touched on a couple months back, but look at those damn things, how in the hell does he play guitar? Does anyone know what affliction that might be? Of course I have the thinnest fingers on the planet and still can't muster Mary Had.

Scott-free
10-02-02 12:19 PM
Martha It is probably arthritis Scottfree. My Dad plays a variety of stringed instruments; guitar, 5-string banjo, mandolin, and his fingers are arthritic and crooked as all get out. Worse than Keef's, but my Dad is 73 and was a bricklayer by trade, which is where he banged up his digits over the years. Just an educated guess though. It may just be a result of years of using them to play guitar...but the swollen nature of the knuckles makes me think he's got a touch of arthritis.
10-02-02 12:56 PM
Moonisup Keith loves his guitar, when he playes it, he won't feel it!!

rik
10-02-02 12:57 PM
jb Someone claimed respitory problems..I think it was Lugar.
10-02-02 01:12 PM
steel driving hammer Guess he picks his nose w/ his middle finger.

Does that hurt Keith w/ those knobs?

Na, the Lick Master feels no pain.
10-02-02 01:22 PM
Riffhard I think it's arthritis as as well.I can't see it being anything very serious.He almost seems to be showing them off.It's as if he's saying "These crooked digits ain't gonna let me down!" Judgeing by the two shows I in NYC they haven't affected his playing.

Riffhard
10-02-02 01:51 PM
jb By the way, they are complaining on another board about the packaging to 40 licks..say it is not well packaged....the complaints never cease to amaze me...
10-02-02 02:21 PM
TT I�ve heard from someone who works in a hospital that the best thing (when you have arthritis) is moving the bones! So, hit them strings hard, Keith!
10-02-02 02:37 PM
jb Celebrex is a proven and effective anti-inflamatory.
10-02-02 02:41 PM
Moonisup moving your bones, then you can't push the strings no more!! You should know that,
10-02-02 02:48 PM
jb hELLO RIK...hopefully work is going well for you...I setteled a big case today and I may very well have an office party to celebrate. I am thinking of having a local catering service prepare American style Barbeque !!! My staff are lucky fuckers!!!
10-02-02 03:03 PM
Moonisup a party is always nice!!!!!!!!!
10-02-02 03:03 PM
L&A
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Guess he picks his nose w/ his middle finger.

10-02-02 03:37 PM
jb They have come out with the New E500 Mercedes..but i like the CL500 better..it's 120,000 American or 200,000 gilders?
10-02-02 04:10 PM
riverrat God bless Keith Richard's
10-02-02 04:21 PM
jb What happened to my T Riverrat? Don't do me like that!
10-02-02 05:24 PM
gypsy jb, if that is supposed to be you in your avatar, you don't look like a "josh."
10-02-02 05:32 PM
Moonisup Well if you look like a gyspy that won't be promising, I know some gypsy's here, ahahah ~rotfl~

rik
10-02-02 05:37 PM
Maxlugar Josh, one of the early symptoms of respitory failure is Clubbing of the fingers.

He may have that. Maybe not.

But what is undeniable is that it is scary looking.
10-02-02 05:40 PM
Moonisup yeah it is! How are yah doing max???????/

Ri|<
10-02-02 05:43 PM
Maxlugar Her is an illustration.

http://www.avera.org/adam/imagepage/18127.htm

Dr. Maxy.

If he wasn't a guitar player I'd be more nervous. But they aint right.

10-02-02 05:47 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
But they aint right.

Why aren't the right????????

"Clubbed fingers is a symptom of disease, often of the heart or lungs which cause chronically low blood levels of oxygen. Diseases which cause malabsorption, such as cystic fibrosis or celiac disease can also cause clubbing"

Could that be from smoking and the rest?

10-02-02 05:53 PM
Maxlugar It aint from slurping yogurt......
10-02-02 05:55 PM
Moonisup I already knew the answer,

But, he could have put something in the yoghurt!!

~rotfl~
[Edited by Moonisup]
10-02-02 06:00 PM
Maxlugar How's your oxygen absorbtion going Moonupie?

I'm a little worried you have clubbing on the head.
10-02-02 06:10 PM
stonesmik Them thick fingers are the stigmata of an incarnated ancient God.

10-02-02 11:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL that pic with the Pope kissing Keith's toes is a little bit blasheme but funny!

Here's the reference header

Sante D'Orazio
10-02-02 11:21 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Naw, Maxy, I think it's just arthritis. For one thing, his fingers aren't 'clubbed', they're 'bulge-tastic'. The bulges aren't at the ends of the fingers, they're right before the tips. And it looks to be only on his index fingers, which would make sense. I have arthritis in my right hand (strange for 16, no? I had to sit all day in the friggin' hospital while they did all sortsa tests to confirm what I already knew...), and before I got treated, my thumb and ring finger both had terrible bulges in them like that - Lots of asprin helps, or a higher-power blood-thinner, which is what I took to bring it down - I'm sure Keith, with his ciggies and drinkies (to say nothing of his strung-out arteries and veinies) most likely preventing him from using anything stronger than a sterile napkin, has just learned to ignore it - and moving them makes it feel much better, but the cost is afterwards they hurt like a bitch! I wanted to play my guitar and bass left-handed but my right hand's too weak to run the fretboard for long. I let it strum and pick now - much easier.

-tSYX --- Dr. Maxy and Mr. Jim...
10-02-02 11:22 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
LOL that pic with the Pope kissing Keith's toes is a little bit blasheme but funny!

Oh, Voodoo, don't tell me you're with me here in that "you are sinful" posse, the Catholic Church?

-tSYX --- I've had enough! Your religion is tough...
10-02-02 11:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Well Young Xyzzy, I'm not catholic, I only follow the Teachings of Keithfucius, that's my cyberbible. But the photo is sensible, like this one:

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
Page: 1 2