ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Leaving a Mexican Restaurant in Halifax, NS - September 22
© Tzonistac
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Republican Bad Luck Continues (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
30th September 2006 12:00 AM
Brainbell Jangler http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060930/ap_on_go_co/congressman_e_mails_32
30th September 2006 01:04 AM
Brainbell Jangler It's not just Foley.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060929/pl_nm/congress_abramoff_dc
30th September 2006 08:17 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Here's a link to some of the text of Foley's IMs.

http://americablog.blogspot.com/2006/09/house-gop-leadership-knew-about-foley.html

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
30th September 2006 08:42 AM
robpop
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Here's a link to some of the text of Foley's IMs.

http://americablog.blogspot.com/2006/09/house-gop-leadership-knew-about-foley.html

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

So this is what they do with their hands after they put their Bibles down?
30th September 2006 09:24 AM
lotsajizz right wing frames of mind lend themselves to such deviance
30th September 2006 10:42 AM
rasputin56 "It's vile," said Rep. Mark Foley, R-West Palm Beach. "It's more sad than anything else, to see someone with such potential throw it all down the drain because of a sexual addiction."

That was "just sad," Foley said. "It's unbelievable that he could behave so carelessly in that setting."

These people are be-u-tee-full.

30th September 2006 12:19 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The Dems should be able to make plenty of political hay out of this. What did Denny know and when did he know it?
30th September 2006 03:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
30th September 2006 03:05 PM
StarvinMarvin I thought this was a Rolling Stones message board.
30th September 2006 03:05 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
StarvinMarvin wrote:
I thought this was a Rolling Stones message board.

Come to Bono
30th September 2006 03:39 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
StarvinMarvin wrote:
I thought this was a Rolling Stones message board.

You are correct, sir. This is a Rolling Stones board. The Rolling Stones epitomize rock'n'roll. Rock'n'roll, as Jack Black points out in "School of Rock," is about "stickin' it to the Man." And nothing represents the Man more than the Republican Party. Airtight syllogism, baby.

30th September 2006 03:48 PM
StarvinMarvin
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

You are correct, sir. This is a Rolling Stones board. The Rolling Stones epitomize rock'n'roll. Rock'n'roll, as Jack Black points out in "School of Rock," is about "stickin' it to the Man." And nothing represents the Man more than the Republican Party. Airtight syllogism, baby.

That's a bit of a stretch, but OK, whatever....The Republican Party is an evil institution, but the Democrats aren't far behind. Please remember that at various points in history they have also been "The Man." To a large extent, they still are. All I can say is be careful what you wish for.
30th September 2006 04:00 PM
Brainbell Jangler I'll see the Democrats as "not far behind" the Republicans in evil the day the Stones play Dick Cheney's birthday party.
30th September 2006 04:09 PM
StarvinMarvin
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
I'll see the Democrats as "not far behind" the Republicans in evil the day the Stones play Dick Cheney's birthday party.

Better re-read some American history books. But before you do, take off your Democrat-tinted glasses.

Look, I'm no Republican lover, but even if they lose power America's problems will not be solved. Regradless of who sits in the White House, the USA will still be a miltaristic, right wing, imperialistic power. America took a wrong turn after World War Two, and the Democrats are just as responsible for this as the Republicans are. The problems did not begin in November 2000.
30th September 2006 04:21 PM
Brainbell Jangler I know that the national security state apparatus began under Harry Truman and that Kennedy and Johnson dragged us into the Vietnam quagmire. I also realize that many of Nixon's policies would be considered liberal or even radical today (guaranteed wage, for example). And here in Oregon we've had many fine Republican leaders: Gov. Tom McCall and Gov./Sen. Mark Hatfield, for example. And Democrats have had their share of crooks, scoundrels and demagogues. But the Republican Party has been captured by the Religious Right and is currently the foremost threat to our democracy (sorry, telly, lugy, etc., but the Islamofascists will never defeat or conquer this country--the Falwellians could).
30th September 2006 04:30 PM
StarvinMarvin The religious right has hijacked the Republican Party - you're definitely correct about that one. But then again, the Republicans mirror a considerable (and growing) portion of American society, which is becoming more Christian fundamentalist. The Democrats look good in comparison with the GOP these days, but their policies are right wing in comparison with "liberal" political parties in other Western democratic countries. For example, the so-called "left-leaning" Democrats are far more conservative than the Conservative Party in Canada, which is the most right-wing of the mainstream Canadian political parties. And, I might add, the Canadian Conservative Party is is home to some notable right wing nutters.
[Edited by StarvinMarvin]
30th September 2006 04:33 PM
Brainbell Jangler That's what I keep trying to explain to the reactionaries on this board. There is no left in Amerika. The typical political maneuver here is to move to the right and then declare that the middle.
30th September 2006 04:41 PM
StarvinMarvin
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
That's what I keep trying to explain to the reactionaries on this board. There is no left in Amerika. The typical political maneuver here is to move to the right and then declare that the middle.

Exactly. Somehow over the years "conservative" has become synonymous with "patriotic."
30th September 2006 05:10 PM
lotsajizz the American left ended with Henry Wallace...now there is just differing shades of oligarchial theocracy

[Edited by lotsajizz]
30th September 2006 05:45 PM
pdog Anyone see the fascinating documentary on goldwater, made by his grandaughter?
Discuss!
30th September 2006 05:58 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
pdog wrote:
Anyone see the fascinating documentary on goldwater, made by his grandaughter?
Discuss!

Haven't seen it yet but definitely interested. We feared him in 1964 but he looks better in retrospect. He was father of the modern conservative movement but he never would have gotten into bed with the religious right. A man of integrity and competence, which means he would have found no place in the Bush regime.
30th September 2006 06:05 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Haven't seen it yet but definitely interested. We feared him in 1964 but he looks better in retrospect. He was father of the modern conservative movement but he never would have gotten into bed with the religious right. A man of integrity and competence, which means he would have found no place in the Bush regime.

Goldwater would have laughed forever at George Walker Bush III. Who doesn't anymore?
30th September 2006 06:22 PM
Taptrick
You know, there are clearly people more aligned with the left on this board and people more aligned with right. But I actually see a commonality both sides seem to share. Conservatives favor what their party has to offer but also seem disappointed that they don't have a true conservative option and liberals seem to prefer what there party has to offer but also seem disappointed that they don't have a true liberal out there. That is the common factor seems to be frustration even with the party they most often vote with.

30th September 2006 06:56 PM
lotsajizz Barry Goldwater had more brains than the top ten GOP senators today put together...
30th September 2006 07:02 PM
pdog
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

You know, there are clearly people more aligned with the left on this board and people more aligned with right. But I actually see a commonality both sides seem to share. Conservatives favor what their party has to offer but also seem disappointed that they don't have a true conservative option and liberals seem to prefer what there party has to offer but also seem disappointed that they don't have a true liberal out there. That is the common factor seems to be frustration even with the party they most often vote with.

That's b/c they never make the transition from being politicians to being public servants.
It's funny and sad that the best solutions may be term limits or just the obvious solution, we all have the power to do, is not re-elect anyone, Ever. Force the parties to seek new blood, and then we would have real people, not special interests running for office and governing on the publics behalf.
If there was ever a need for a change, this is it. Americans not political parties would benefit.
Elected officials will never create term limits... It's not in their interest. What they do is spewnd more time keeping their power and campaigning then serving OUR nation...
30th September 2006 07:04 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves I hate the Republicans too.
But I hate the Democrats more.
30th September 2006 07:07 PM
pdog
quote:
Mahatma Kane Jeeves wrote:
I hate the Republicans too.
But I hate the Democrats more.

Are you a conservative, libertarian, liberal, green?
30th September 2006 07:08 PM
lotsajizz GOP=pervert party

more interested in keeping a seat than in protecting teen boys from old men

30th September 2006 07:31 PM
pdog He was on the committee for missing and exploited teens.
30th September 2006 07:31 PM
lotsajizz he had a keen interest in the subject
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)