ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Great Pittsburgh Tickets on Ticket.com Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 28th, 2005 09:48 AM
FPM C10 My buddy just got 8th row tix for Pittsburgh tonight on ticket.com for $100 ea. Anybody interested better check fast.
September 28th, 2005 10:31 AM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
My buddy just got 8th row tix for Pittsburgh tonight on ticket.com for $100 ea. Anybody interested better check fast.

Thanks Fleabit ...... !!!!

Flack the Y !!!!
September 28th, 2005 10:46 AM
Highwire Rob OMG! Is the legendary Joey going to honor our Pittsburgh tonight with his Chiba presence!

Man, that would be great. I'm tired of hearing some people on this board debase Pittsburgh as a "second banana" city. It's going to be a great concert (Pearl Jam too!) in a great new PNC ballpark.

[Small chance of light rain... so bring the butane lighter, Joey]

--Highwire Rob
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
September 28th, 2005 11:19 AM
jb Pittsburg is worst selling stadiun yet...
September 28th, 2005 11:27 AM
GimmeExile
quote:
jb wrote:
Pittsburg is worst selling stadiun yet...

That's fine by me! I scored a 2nd row ticket...right in front of Keith for $104!
September 28th, 2005 11:34 AM
jb
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

That's fine by me! I scored a 2nd row ticket...right in front of Keith for $104!

I am glad yoiu listened to me,,,it is wide open....HOpefully you'll get 30-36k.....
September 28th, 2005 11:40 AM
Joey [quote]Highwire Rob wrote:
OMG! Is the legendary Joey going to honor our Pittsburgh tonight with his Chiba presence!"

No !

....I just thank Fleabit from time to time .....

September 28th, 2005 11:47 AM
GimmeExile
quote:
jb wrote:
I am glad yoiu listened to me,,,it is wide open....HOpefully you'll get 30-36k.....

I do listen to you, jb! Now that you told me where I can find Stones shows that are wide open, can you tell me where I can find women that are wide open a la Paris Hilton?
September 28th, 2005 11:48 AM
FPM C10 Yer Welcome my C10 Brother! I look forward to your "surprise" appearance on Friday at Marko's party.

Yeah, the reason $100 tix in the first 10 rows are available is because they couldn't sell them for $400.

Us Pennsylvanians are POOR! And frugal!

Hey, I was quoted as a Stones "expert" in the Harrisburg Patriot on Sunday!
September 28th, 2005 12:01 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox Fuck!!!!! I'm not pullin anything up on the floor. Think I just missed my chance...
September 28th, 2005 12:02 PM
jb
quote:
HardKnoxDurtySox wrote:
Fuck!!!!! I'm not pullin anything up on the floor. Think I just missed my chance...

Keep trying.................
September 28th, 2005 12:04 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
jb wrote:

I will.....You gonna hop a quick flight and help us save face up here?
September 28th, 2005 12:09 PM
jb
quote:
HardKnoxDurtySox wrote:

I will.....You gonna hop a quick flight and help us save face up here?

Wish I could..off to Washington..............
September 28th, 2005 12:24 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Damn Straight !!! .. You will get in eventually ( see : Paris Hilton )

|
|
|
|
V

September 28th, 2005 12:26 PM
Joey
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

can you tell me where I can find women that are wide open a la Paris Hilton?

|
|
|
V

http://omahanightlife.com/gallery2/x/081905_mustang/DSC06274-01.jpg.html

September 28th, 2005 01:04 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:

Wish I could..off to Washington..............

You're a week late!

Me and Steve Earle were looking for you!
September 28th, 2005 01:06 PM
jb Delay has been indicted!!!!!
September 28th, 2005 01:41 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
Delay has been indicted!!!!!

That's a step in the right direction...now Frist...then Bush...

DeLay indicted in campaign finance probe
House majority leader to step down, 2 associates also face charges

WASHINGTON - A Texas grand jury on Wednesday charged Rep. Tom DeLay and two political associates with conspiracy in a campaign finance scheme, forcing the House majority leader to temporarily relinquish his post.

DeLay attorney Steve Brittain said DeLay was accused of a criminal conspiracy along with two associates, John Colyandro, former executive director of a Texas political action committee formed by DeLay, and Jim Ellis, who heads DeLay’s national political committee.

“I have notified the speaker that I will temporarily step aside from my position as majority leader pursuant to rules of the House Republican Conference and the actions of the Travis County district attorney today,” DeLay said.

GOP congressional officials said Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill., will recommend that Rep. David Dreier of California step into those duties. Some of the duties may go to the GOP whip, Rep. Roy Blunt of Missouri. The Republican rank and file may meet as early as Wednesday night to act on Hastert’s recommendation.

Possible two-year sentence
The charge carries a potential two-year sentence, which forces DeLay to step down under House Republican rules.

“The defendants entered into an agreement with each other or with TRMPAC (Texans for a Republican Majority Political Action Committee) to make a political contribution in violation of the Texas election code,” says the four-page indictment. “The contribution was made directly to the Republican National Committee within 60 days of a general election.”

The indictment accused DeLay of a conspiracy to "knowingly make a political contribution" in violation of Texas law outlawing corporate contributions. It alleged that DeLay's political action committee accepted $155,000 from companies, including Sears Roebuck, and placed the money in an account.

The PAC then wrote a $190,000 check to an arm of the Republican National Committee and provided the committee a document with the names of Texas state House candidates and the amounts they were supposed to received in donations.

The indictment included a copy of the check.

The indictment against the second-ranking, and most assertive Republican leader came on the final day of the grand jury’s term. It followed earlier indictments of a state political action committee founded by DeLay and three of his political associates.

'Political payback'
Kevin Madden, DeLay’s spokesman, dismissed the charge as politically motivated.

“This indictment is nothing more than prosecutorial retribution by a partisan Democrat,” Madden said, referring to prosecutor Ronnie Earle, a Democrat.

“We regret the people of Texas will once again have their taxpayer dollars wasted on Ronnie Earle’s pursuit of headlines and political paybacks,” Madden said.

The grand jury action is expected to have immediate consequences in the House, where DeLay is largely responsible for winning passage of the Republican legislative program. House Republican Party rules require leaders who are indicted to temporarily step aside from their leadership posts.

However, DeLay retains his seat representing Texas’ 22nd congressional district, suburbs southwest of Houston.

DeLay has denied committing any crime and accused Earle of pursuing the case for political motives.

Democrats have kept up a crescendo of criticism of DeLay’s ethics, citing three times last year that the House ethics committee admonished DeLay for his conduct.

Earlier, DeLay attorney Bill White told reporters, “It’s a skunky indictment if they have one.”

As a sign of loyalty to DeLay after the grand jury returned indictments against three of his associates, House Republicans last November repealed a rule requiring any of their leaders to step aside if indicted. The rule was reinstituted in January after lawmakers returned to Washington from the holidays fearing the repeal might create a backlash from voters.

Ethics baggage
DeLay, 58, also is the center of an ethics swirl in Washington. The 11-term congressman was admonished last year by the House ethics committee on three separate issues and is the center of a political storm this year over lobbyists paying his and other lawmakers’ tabs for expensive travel abroad.

Wednesday’s indictment stems from a plan DeLay helped set in motion in 2001 to help Republicans win control of the Texas House in the 2002 elections for the first time since Reconstruction.

A state political action committee he created, Texans for a Republican Majority, was indicted earlier this month on charges of accepting corporate contributions for use in state legislative races. Texas law prohibits corporate money from being used to advocate the election or defeat of candidates; it is allowed only for administrative expenses.

With GOP control of the Texas legislature, DeLay then engineered a redistricting plan that enabled the GOP take six Texas seats in the U.S. House away from Democrats — including one lawmaker switching parties — in 2004 and build its majority in Congress.

September 28th, 2005 01:43 PM
monkey_man WOO HOO!!!
September 28th, 2005 02:23 PM
Joey
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
WOO HOO!!!

September 28th, 2005 02:49 PM
JesusMe I saw those $100 front floor seats last nite and I was so tempted to make the 8 hour trek to Pittsburgh
September 28th, 2005 04:19 PM
Joey
quote:
JesusMe wrote:
I saw those $100 front floor seats last nite and I was so tempted to make the 8 hour trek to Pittsburgh

I feel ya Jesus ........ Eight hours is quite the distance .
September 28th, 2005 09:44 PM
Factory Girl ^ LOL
September 28th, 2005 10:11 PM
Riffhard Ronnie fuckin' Earl is a complete and utter joke!! I can't wait until the facts of this case come out! Funny shit for sure. While we're at it let's take a look at Hillary "Cankles" Clinton's Hollywood fundraiser in NYC last year!! Indictments came out for that as well,but for some reason the media forgot all about that shame! They got nothing on Delay,and anyone with any sense at all knows that. It's a political witchhunt,and the prosecutor is a well known political hack. He had to present this case to a full six seperate grand juries before he could get one to bite. He went after Kay Baily Hutchinson as well. He droped the case when it was proven that he had nothing on her! The judge pratically laughed in his partisan face! Oh yeah,he tried to get her while she was in the middle of a campaigne! Be very careful what you wish for here libs. Because this is a fucking smear job,and everyone knows it!

Riffhard
September 29th, 2005 12:49 PM
monkey_man Ronnie Earles "partisan" conviction record:

12 Democrats convicted
3 Republican convicted

Yes it seems like he really only goes after Republican lawmakers.
September 29th, 2005 01:03 PM
jb Ronnie Earl is a great man....the Republicans have already started their spin that he is a partisan hack....
September 29th, 2005 01:40 PM
monkey_man Prosecutor Takes Aim at Both Sides of Aisle

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-earle29sep29,0,7086285.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Although DeLay calls Ronnie Earle an 'unabashed partisan zealot,' others say the Austin district attorney shows no favoritism.

By Scott Gold
Times Staff Writer

September 29, 2005

HOUSTON — In the 1980s, Jim Mattox was the attorney general of Texas and one of the most powerful figures in the state — mentioned as a future governor and, maybe, more. Today, he is a real estate lawyer.

A turning point came in 1983, when the district attorney in Austin, Ronnie Earle, indicted Mattox on bribery charges. He was acquitted, but the damage was done. Mattox had spent $300,000 on attorneys. His political career began to peter out.

"Ronnie Earle had visions of grandeur," said Mattox, now 62. "He was using it as a stepping stone."

Two decades later, Earle is going after another powerful Texas politician, and the defense is no different. When he indicted U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay on Wednesday, the Texas Republican lashed out at Earle, calling him an "unabashed partisan zealot."

Just one hitch: Earle may be a Democrat, but, he said, so were 12 of the 15 politicians he has indicted over the years, including Mattox. Even Mattox said Wednesday that Earle long had targeted people on both sides of the political aisle, roiling the halls of power in Austin — and now Washington — at every turn.

"He had a very negative impact on my life," Mattox said. But in DeLay's case, he added, "I think Earle is carrying out his responsibility."

Fred Lewis, director of Campaigns for People, an Austin group that works to reduce the influence of money on government, called the politics-as-usual defense the "standard response" here to an Earle indictment.

"Every single person he has indicted, Democrat or Republican, has claimed politics," Lewis said. "That's what people don't understand. I think Ronnie Earle has just done his job. The people that are criticizing the indictments don't know one thing about Texas law or the facts. And frankly, they need to be quiet and let the criminal justice process work."

Republicans are hardly convinced of that, and they accused Earle on Wednesday of wasting tax dollars with a "politically motivated and manufactured indictment" — and of sapping public resources at a time when they are needed to recover from Hurricane Rita.

"He is a small man with a big grudge," said Republican Party of Texas Chairwoman Tina Benkiser. "And that is a dangerous combination. He's abusing the very system he was elected to protect."

Earle has taken pains to project a squeaky-clean image, at one point even accusing himself of a misdemeanor when he discovered that his campaign finance reports had been filed late. Still, he has not always remained above the political fray.

Earle recently said that being called partisan by DeLay was akin to "being called ugly by a frog." At a Democratic fundraiser in May, he called DeLay a "bully." And he has said that ambition and outrage over what he sees as an illegal fundraising scheme devised by DeLay and his associates prompted him to postpone his retirement to prosecute the case.

Raised on a ranch in Birdville, Texas — which had a population of 107 when he was born and hasn't grown much since — Earle worked as a lifeguard as a youth, participated in student government and earned the rank of Eagle Scout.

He was elected to the Texas House in 1972 and became the Travis County district attorney in 1977. Under Texas law, that office also controls the public integrity unit responsible for prosecuting alleged misconduct by politicians, regardless of where they live in the state.

GOP activists have sought to take that power away from Earle, but haven't succeeded.

Within a year of taking office, Earle indicted former Texas Supreme Court Justice Don Yarbrough on perjury charges; Yarbrough fled to Grenada, and eventually served time in a state penitentiary. Earle also went after a state treasurer, state House speaker and several Democratic legislators, winning convictions or plea bargains in each of those cases.

George Shipley — a political operative who worked for the late Bob Bullock, a Democrat and one of the most powerful figures in modern Texas politics — said Wednesday that over the years Earle had taken plenty of heat from Democrats in Austin.

Earle went after Bullock — who was last elected as George W. Bush's lieutenant governor — on several occasions, although he never brought an indictment. Bullock routinely described Earle in terms that are "not printable in a family newspaper," Shipley said.

Still, Shipley said, Earle is not prone to conducting witch hunts; he recalled occasions when Earle sent GOP legislators letters reminding them that it was poor form to step off of state-owned airplanes wearing golf cleats and carrying their clubs.

"Ronnie is a maverick," Shipley said. "The argument that he is a hard-charging partisan with a hidden agenda is not supported by the facts."

One time, however, Earle brought now-U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, a Republican, to trial on ethics charges. He dropped the case at the last minute — something GOP activists seized upon as proof that he was trying to humiliate Hutchison because of her party affiliation.

"Nobody would ever accuse Ronnie of being nonpartisan," said Alan Sager, a professor at the University of Texas in Austin and the chairman of the Travis County Republican Party.

Today, Sager said, Earle is merely going after DeLay in an effort to hurt the Republican Party and President Bush. And while DeLay's immediate response was to attack the prosecutor Wednesday, Sager said, the congressman would have a more definitive defense at trial: the 1st Amendment.

"This is a case of free speech," he said. "We're not talking about people who committed crimes. We're talking about people who were involved in political campaigns and were spending money.

"Ronnie Earle wants to criminalize political activity."
September 29th, 2005 08:00 PM
Riffhard
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Ronnie Earles "partisan" conviction record:

12 Democrats convicted
3 Republican convicted

Yes it seems like he really only goes after Republican lawmakers.

Monkey man you can believe whatever the hell you want,but the facts speak for themselves on this joke of an indictment. Have you read it? There is nothing there. Nothing at all. The guy had to get SEVEN seperate grand juries before he got one to bite. This is political attack,and everyone knows it. As for his indicments of democrats goes. That dog won't hunt my friend. Almost every one of those dems that were indicted had flagerantly broken the law,or they were known political enemies of Ronnie Earl. The guy's a joke! If you can't beat 'em at the polls just set out to destroy them by legal means,huh Ronnie?! He knows damned good and well that he has no chance of winning this case. That matters not to him. He already got what he wanted. He forced Delay to step down as leader because of the indictment. His job is done.

He used the republicans own rule against them. You see the democrats don't have that rule. They can continue to hold positions of leadership even while under indictment. They,unlike the republicans,never voted amounst themselves to hold themselves accountable for any alledged illegalities or bogus indictments. Shit any party with Hillary,and Bubba at the helm can't be hamstrung by rules and shit!

Ronnie fuckin' Earl just last week bragged about how he was going to bring down Delay at a democratic fundraiser! Fuck ethics,and any sense of conflict of interests or anything like that. It's a political hatchet job,and only the most blind partisan can't see it as just that. This political witch hunt is about one thing and one thing only. Tom Delay actully listened to his constituents and redrew the voting districts in Texas. This had the result that most Texans had already voted for. It tilted the state back to the Republican party in a state that has been a "Red" state for years. Delay was appluaded for having the balls to shove the redistricting plan right up these smarmy liberals asses! Afterall,the libs had previously done the exact same thing less than a decade earlier without the voters consent. Only the republicans did not go on a political vendetta like the dems. They waited patiently,and then leagally changed the districts just as they had said they would. That had the effect of pissing off every democrat in Texas,and all of them in Washington. It was all leagal though,and Delay won many votes by publically stating that he would act on the redistricting. That's when Earl decided to try and bring him down.

This guy is a joke,and if you think that this take will Delay down you're sadly mistaken. By all accounts most Texans are furious at Ronnie Earl,and the democrats for pulling this blatant political attack. There will be hell to pay for this shit that much is for sure.

Oh yeah and then there's this.

http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york200509291814.asp

If you do not feel like reading the link,allow me to explain. The linked article discribes how Ronnie Earl gave a movie crew "extrodinary acess" to his two year pursuit of bringing down Delay. Gee,Ronnie Earl the mvie star! What a joke!

Read up on ol' Ron and see what you learn. The guy is the most overzealous DA in the country,and everyone knows it.

Riffhard
September 29th, 2005 08:34 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
anyone with any sense at all knows that. It's a political witchhunt,and the prosecutor is a well known political hack.

Deja vu... Just like with Star and Clinton... We waste to much time, effort and money going after all the scumbag politicians. They work for us, but it seems all of them are paid off by special interest groups. Fire them all...
Neither party can take any high ground with this shit... There's a few good ones on both sides of the aisle, but there few...
Oh well... If we just would keep the queers and baby killers alone maybe we could get something done in this country!
September 29th, 2005 09:22 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:

Deja vu... Just like with Star and Clinton... We waste to much time, effort and money going after all the scumbag politicians. They work for us, but it seems all of them are paid off by special interest groups. Fire them all...
Neither party can take any high ground with this shit... There's a few good ones on both sides of the aisle, but there few...
Oh well... If we just would keep the queers and baby killers alone maybe we could get something done in this country!

Yeah you're right Pdog,but there is one difference here. Clinton did break the law. He lied to the Senate subcommitee. He commited purjury. Having said that. There can be no doubt that that was a political witch hunt as well,but Clinton brought that on himself by not just fessing up before Starr and Co. had the chance to hang him out to dry. That was an ugly affair for both sides,and I really think that both sides came out worse for the whole sorrid affair. I can't say that I was proud of the way that the Senate and House republicans acted on the whole thing. Nor can I say that the democrats,or Clinton,came out of it looking any better. Ugly all the way around.

The thing is that most people,unless they have partisan blinders on,can tell a hatchet job when they see it. That is exactly what is happening here. It's pay back time for Delay,and this guy Earl is just the dems version of Ken Starr. Only without any definable crime having been commited. The guy would not even state the supposed crime at his own presser! Reading through the indicment I'll be damned if I can find one either. However,his job is done. He forced Delay to step down,if only until this mess gets sorted. Chalk one up for Ronnie Earl,but this is gonna come home to roost for the democrats in Texas. You can bank on that. Careful what you wish for. Because people in Texas are pissed.

Riffhard
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)