ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ - 27th September 2006
© SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chicago tonight - The Who central Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th September 2006 10:39 AM
nanatod Not only are the Who playing Chicago tonight at the United Center with moe. opening, Rachel Fuller, Townsend's girlfriend, is doing an in-store musical performance at the Borders next to the Webster Place Theaters tonight at 7:00 p.m.

Is anyone going to the latter of the two performances besides me?

Is anyone going to the former performance?
25th September 2006 10:41 AM
Joey
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Not only are the Who playing Chicago tonight at the United Center with moe. opening, Rachel Fuller, Townsend's girlfriend, is doing an in-store musical performance at the Borders next to the Webster Place Theaters tonight at 7:00 p.m.

Is anyone going to the latter of the two performances besides me?

Is anyone going to the former performance?

I have heard rumors that The MaxLugar will be in attendance this evening ....

....BOTH performances .

|
|
|
V

[Edited by Joey]
25th September 2006 10:59 AM
nanatod What does Mr. Lugar look like, Joey?
25th September 2006 11:09 AM
Joey " What does Mr. Lugar look like, Joey?"

25th September 2006 11:38 AM
voodoopug Pete's gold digger came off as very unimpressive on "Kept" and should be avoided at all costs. Anyone who goes out of their way to see a performance by her other than in a "girls gone wild" video needs to seriously consider dropping the Stones from their list of favorite bands.
25th September 2006 11:45 AM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Pete's gold digger came off as very unimpressive on "Kept" and should be avoided at all costs. Anyone who goes out of their way to see a performance by her other than in a "girls gone wild" video needs to seriously consider dropping the Stones from their list of favorite bands.

Pug .... Rachel is very cool -- She digs THE ROLLING STONES / THE WHO , is good freinds with Jerry Hall and keeps Pete ' Happy ' .

Pete could not do this world tour without her presence .
.... she is the best . Word .

Are you going to the concert this evening ?!?!

The Stones & The Who touring the states at the SAME TIME .

Blissful

Kins .
25th September 2006 12:14 PM
nanatod
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Pete's gold digger ...should be avoided at all costs. Anyone who goes out of their way....

I live very close to the Webster Place Theaters, voodoopug, and as a fellow Chicagoan, I generally respect your musical opinion.

So, you're saying I should not go to the free in-store performance, while Joey believes I should?

Could we get a third opinion about Rachel Fuller to "break the tie?"
25th September 2006 12:16 PM
Joey
quote:
nanatod wrote:

I live very close to the Webster Place Theaters, voodoopug, and as a fellow Chicagoan, I generally respect your musical opinion.

So, you're saying I should not go to the free in-store performance, while Joey believes I should?

Pete might show up at Rachel's Performance this evening .

Please attend .... and Thank Me Later .

Kins .
25th September 2006 12:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
nanatod wrote:

I am not familiar with her music, I was making my statement/recommendation based on the way she talks/acts when put in the public's eye.

I will not attend the Who show tonite. I have pencilled in the December show, but have too much going on this week to be away from home another night.

Enjoy the show nanotod!
25th September 2006 12:21 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I am not familiar with her music, I was making my statement/recommendation based on the way she talks/acts when put in the public's eye.

I will not attend the Who show tonite. I have pencilled in the December show, but have too much going on this week to be away from home another night.

Enjoy the show nanotod!

Driving a lot?
25th September 2006 01:32 PM
Joey " I will not attend the Who show tonite. I have pencilled in the December show, but have too much going on this week to be away from home another night. "

You are STILL my Puggy .

25th September 2006 02:03 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Driving a lot?

no....family time and projects around the house (yesterday I installed a "tie and belt rack in one of the walk in closets in the master suite!).
25th September 2006 02:31 PM
Joey " .... yesterday I installed a "tie and belt rack in one of the walk in closets in the master suite!). "

You should hire someone to do that crap .

" Sept 22, 2006
Rachel Fuller and special guests to perform at Chicago HOB
Rachel Fuller will present her "Attic Jam" show next Thursday, Sept 28 at the Chicago House of Blues. Special guests will perform with Rachel in this small venue. Tickets are still available from Ticketmaster for this event, but they are going fast.

If you are going to be in Chicago, I highly recommend attending this show. This is a rare opportunity to see Rachel perform in the US, and it will be a memorable event! "

http://www.longliverock.org/

[kins]

[Edited by Joey]
25th September 2006 03:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
" .... yesterday I installed a "tie and belt rack in one of the walk in closets in the master suite!). "

You should hire someone to do that crap .

" Sept 22, 2006
Rachel Fuller and special guests to perform at Chicago HOB
Rachel Fuller will present her "Attic Jam" show next Thursday, Sept 28 at the Chicago House of Blues. Special guests will perform with Rachel in this small venue. Tickets are still available from Ticketmaster for this event, but they are going fast.

If you are going to be in Chicago, I highly recommend attending this show. This is a rare opportunity to see Rachel perform in the US, and it will be a memorable event! "

http://www.longliverock.org/

[kins]

[Edited by Joey]

I don't trust many contractors in my master suite!
25th September 2006 03:38 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:

Pug .... Rachel is very cool -- She digs THE ROLLING STONES / THE WHO , is good freinds with Jerry Hall and keeps Pete ' Happy ' .

she wears the strap on?
25th September 2006 03:43 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

she wears the strap on?

Oh , MY !!!!!

THAT is ' Miracle On Ice Posting ' .

25th September 2006 03:54 PM
glencar I am shitting up a STORM today! A STORM!!!
25th September 2006 04:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I am shitting up a STORM today! A STORM!!!

as am I.....I have been eating far too much green vegetables lately!
25th September 2006 04:09 PM
glencar Yogurt here!
25th September 2006 04:20 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I am shitting up a STORM today! A STORM!!!

I feel ya ........

Afternoon Shit # 3 now Complete ( Joeylog : 09-25-06 , 3:18 PM CST )

*** PHEW ***

Stinky !
25th September 2006 04:22 PM
glencar I'm an hour ahead & a shit ahead!
25th September 2006 04:31 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm an hour ahead & a shit ahead!

You the Man !!!!
25th September 2006 04:40 PM
nankerphelge Joey?

25th September 2006 04:41 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Joey?

Nanky ?!

25th September 2006 05:26 PM
nanatod
quote:
nanatod wrote:
...Rachel Fuller, Townsend's girlfriend, is doing an in-store musical performance at the Borders next to the Webster Place Theaters tonight at 7:00 p.m....

My mistake. It is actually a Barnes and Noble bookstore, not a Borders bookstore!
26th September 2006 09:47 AM
nanatod
quote:
Joey wrote:
I have heard rumors that The MaxLugar will be in attendance this evening ........BOTH performances .

When I got to the Barnes and Noble last night, I called out for "anyone named Max," but there was no response. There were about ten people there when I got there, and about twenty or twenty-five during Rachel Fuller's set, wherein she played some songs on an electric Yamaha.

For the second song, she requested her "guitarist" to join her, so PETE TOWNSEND played (acoustic) guitar on the EP's duet, and then left the store, presumably to head for the United Center and his concert there.

It was one of the most heartstopping and breathless musical moments I (and apparently most of the rest of audience) had ever experienced. PETE TOWNSEND playing guitar within ten feet of us!

I gave my email address to one of people with a digital camera, so as soon as he gets the picture to me, I will post the picture of PETE TOWNSEND playing guitar at Rachel Fuller's in-store performance.
26th September 2006 10:19 AM
Joey
quote:
nanatod wrote:

For the second song, she requested her "guitarist" to join her, so PETE TOWNSEND played (acoustic) guitar on the EP's duet, and then left the store, presumably to head for the United Center and his concert there.

It was one of the most heartstopping and breathless musical moments I (and apparently most of the rest of audience) had ever experienced. PETE TOWNSEND playing guitar within ten feet of us!

I gave my email address to one of people with a digital camera, so as soon as he gets the picture to me, I will post the picture of PETE TOWNSEND playing guitar at Rachel Fuller's in-store performance.

Really ?!?!

Are you TEASING young Joey ?!?!

Very Friggin Cool of Pete to drive that far out of his way .......then again , Rachel is very sweet ( and cool ) herself .

26th September 2006 10:41 AM
nanatod
quote:
Joey wrote:
Really ?!?!
Are you TEASING young Joey ?!?!
Very Friggin Cool of Pete to drive that far out of his way .......

No teasing. It really happened, although I still have trouble believing it myself.

And on reflection (by me and by some of the people attending the in-store), we realized that the bookstore is only a ten minute drive from the United Center, if you take Ashland Avenue. PETE TOWNSEND probably got back to the U.C. by 7:45 p.m. If so, moe. was still probably on its first or second tune.
26th September 2006 10:46 AM
Joey
quote:
nanatod wrote:

No teasing. It really happened, although I still have trouble believing it myself.

And on reflection (by me and by some of the people attending the in-store), we realized that the bookstore is only a ten minute drive from the United Center, if you take Ashland Avenue. PETE TOWNSEND probably got back to the U.C. by 7:45 p.m. If so, moe. was still probably on its first or second tune.

I can not WAIT for the pictures .

You are much loved by Joey
26th September 2006 12:53 PM
Honky Tonk Man I had never heard of Rachel Fuller, so I looked her up on Wikepedia. Bloody hell, Pete Townsend has a girlfreind only a couple of years older than mine. 31 years, thats quite an age gap. I think she looks older than 30 though.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)