ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stevie Nicks angry (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-21-03 07:21 PM
Mother baby Madonna-Britney kiss angers Stevie

STEVIE Nicks rates the notorious Madonna-Britney kiss as the most obnoxious television moment ever.

"First of all, Madonna is too old to be kissing someone who is 22," the Fleetwood Mac singer told the Herald Sun.
"And Britney should be smarter than that. Hopefully, she will figure a way out of this hole she has dug for herself."

Original rock chick Nicks, 55, said Spears and Christina Aguilera should wear more clothes and try writing decent songs.

"I personally have never been to a strip club, but I turn on MTV and see in every single video what it must be like to be at a strip club," Nicks said.

"I think the mystery is gone, and if you have no mystery, then you aren't even sexy.

"Real sexuality and sensuality is in the music, and all these girls, vis-a-vis, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and on and on, should go back to writing songs and start over because it won't last and they won't last.

"When they are 55, they won't be around and that's sad because I think a lot of those girls are very talented. But they are signing their own death warrants."

Nicks was appalled by Madonna's publicity stunt kiss with Spears at the recent MTV Awards.

"I thought it was the most obnoxious moment in television history," she said.

"Madonna will be fine. Madonna is Madonna. She does what she wants. She will get over this. But will Britney get over it? I don't know."

Nicks revealed Madonna asked Jennifer Lopez to be in the smoochy routine, but J.Lo told Madge to kiss something else.

Nicks is the ultimate rock survivor, weathering drug addictions, depression and a tumultuous relationship with Lindsey Buckingham.

Fleetwood Mac performs at Rod Laver Arena on February 23. Tickets go on sale on Monday.

© Herald and Weekly Times

09-21-03 07:40 PM
Prodigal Son Well, she should know about those types of kisses. But, I have to say she's right. Focus on the songs more than the look is what most artists should do. And if they don't it proves they're truly worthless.
09-21-03 07:41 PM
gypsy I'd be bitter too if I had sex with the Eagles' Don Henley.
09-21-03 07:58 PM
Boomy Stevie "Witchy Woman" Nicks does not even have a credible argument.

The only people that made a big deal about this kissing incident is her and, and, and...........well, her!!!!

We live in the 2000's now!! IT's normal to see two birds smooching at a party or any other convocation.

Now, seeing them with a double sided dildo would have been something different!!!!
09-21-03 08:27 PM
Riffhard With all due respect there my friend Boomy,....your completly wrong. "The Kiss" was the most contrived,blatent,obnoxious,media whorsmanship that I've ever seen. Stevie is absolutly dead on! That kiss served Madonna way more than it did Britney. Madonna is nobody's fool,but apperantly Britney and Christine are. Madonna is staring down the barrel of 45 years old. It can only help her carreer to be seen kissing the hottest bitches on the scene. From this poiont forward I will always look at Brittney and Christne as the young idiots that were willing to let Madonna slip them the tounge,as much as I liked it!

It just goes to show. The music indrustry is fucked! I fear for the future of rock and roll. Ofcourse,I've been feeling that way for twenty plus years. It would seem that I have had good reason to worry!

Riffhard

PS-The question is-Would an album like Blonde On Blonde be made today with record company money?!

PSS-No! Sad but true!

PSSS- Nor would Exile On Maine Street! Even sadder!
09-21-03 09:19 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I dunno. The more I use Kazaa Lite, the more I find bands I enjoy whose albums I then buy. Most of them (surprise!) either from or wishing they were from England. I don't think we're in a no-win situation here, yet. I mean, The Coral (English), BRMC (not English but their drummer is), Electric Six (Wishing They Were English), The White Stripes (Ditto)... there's some hope out there.

If anything, what we're going through now is an even worse version of the late-fifties/early-sixties, with even more record company contrivances (it's been going on since Robert Johnson) and even lamer no-talent hacks hiding all the real good talented people.

We need something like the British Invasion to get us out of this mess.

-tSYX --- Girl! I wanna take you to a gay bar... let's start a war! Let's start a nuclear war! At the gay bar!
09-21-03 09:32 PM
steel driving hammer That Brittany/Madonna kiss is/was nothing more than pure coffee talk.

Those bitches did it just to get people talking about THEM, thats all.

Those bitches haven't done NOTHING that Mick hasn't done already..........

Yet, Mick's got the Queen of England by the Short and Curlies.

You all know (don't you?) that was the one who Mick DISCOVERD Madonna in Detroit.

It's funny seeing all these people running around like chickens w/ thier heads cut off about Madonna kissing Spears.
09-21-03 11:04 PM
Trey Krimsin It was all a publicity stunt. Britney did it to make sure she wasn't forgotten yet. Madonna did it because her last album's sales were horrific.
09-21-03 11:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot The White Stripes wish they were English???

Since when??

I've always heard they were Detroit loud & proud. Jack has produced Detroit band samplers...I've never seen an interview with Jack that would suggest such a thing.

Could you tell me why you think that Xyzzy?
09-22-03 01:11 AM
glencar Doesn't Stevie Nocks consider herself a Welsh witch? And what's nuttier than that kiss? The dances Stevie did after she got so fat. But that said, she's right. Image is everything & that's sad.
09-22-03 01:20 AM
egon who fucking cares???
09-22-03 03:44 AM
prism I thought Madonna was trying to make a statement about gay marriage. Brittany was the bride and Madonna was dressed as the groom, she told Oprah.
09-22-03 04:28 AM
riffhard64 Oh bring me a girl,there always the best.you put them on stage and you have them undress,some angel whore who can learn a guitar lick....yeah...now that's what i call music

Stevie is right about the mystery thing..i have had a thing for her for 25 years..lol
09-22-03 07:24 AM
JaggaRichards Mick tongueing Ronnie on SNL in '78 was the most obnoxious thing I've ever seen on American TV.
09-22-03 09:40 AM
Joey " Nicks is the ultimate rock survivor, weathering drug addictions, depression and a tumultuous relationship with Lindsey Buckingham. "

Stevie likes Puss Puss !

" Fleetwood Mac performs at the Qwest Center Arena on October 9th "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ. Kins !
09-22-03 01:02 PM
Mother baby
quote:
egon wrote:
who fucking cares???

Noone really. We've seen it all already....and btw...?

09-22-03 01:07 PM
Factory Girl Have any of you boys seen Britney's current spread in RS...LOL??? Is Larry Flynn open to offers??
09-22-03 01:12 PM
Mother baby That's F-L-I-N-T. (I think lol). The last I heard he was running for California governor. Maybe he could lead Britney into a career in politx....?
09-22-03 01:17 PM
Factory Girl LOL, MB. Its Larry Flint and Errol Flynn. Speaking of Errol, can Britney make a dead man...
09-22-03 02:12 PM
gypsy Actually, you're both wrong...it's FLYNT.
09-22-03 02:26 PM
Joey " Actually, you're both wrong...it's FLYNT. "

You make Joey say , Huh ?????????

Kins !

09-22-03 02:30 PM
Factory Girl Lol, Gypsy-you know your publishers!
09-22-03 03:24 PM
jb I would have fucked Stevie Nicks circa 76....
09-22-03 03:30 PM
Joey " I would have fucked Stevie Nicks circa 76.... "

Mary Crosby circa ' 78
Victoria Principal circa '77 -'84
Cheryl Ladd circa ' 78
Catherine Bach circa ' 77 - '81
Stevie Nicks circa' 74 - ' 79
Pat Benatar circa ' 76 - ' 80
Linda Gray circa ' 71
Linda Carter circa ' 76
Barbra Eden circa ' 66 , '68 - '70
Joan Collins circa ' 55 - '62 , '64

Jacky !

09-22-03 03:36 PM
jb Linda Evans circa 1970
Cheryl Tiegs circa 70-76
Charlene Tilton circa 78
Joan Collins -today
Ruth Bader Ginsberg circa 64
Elizabeth Dole circa 71
Nancy reagan circa 49
Joan Rivers-today
Pam Dawber-circa 77
Susan Lucci-today
09-22-03 03:42 PM
Joey
Bo Derek circa ' 79
Barbra Bel Geddes circa ' 32
Gloria Swanson circa ' 21
Bea Arthur circa ' 46
Katherine Ross circa ' 69
Joan Rivers circa ' Never
Pam Anderson circa ' 88 -
Maureen Stapleton circa ' 44 - 51 , ' 55 , '58 - ' 62
Eva Marie Saint circa ' 52
Jodie " Puss Puss " Foster circa ' anytime she wants to switch hit
09-22-03 04:01 PM
jb Jane Fonda circa 69-76
Nina Blanchard circa 1982
Donna Summers circa 78
Madonna circa 88
Lucille Ball circa 46-60
Barbara Stanwick circa 34-63
Leather tuscadero-circa 76
Bea Arthur-circa 57
Adrian Barbea-circa 77
Lady Bird Johnson-circa 43
09-22-03 04:05 PM
gypsy Why don't you two just get it out of your systems, and do each other circa NOW?
09-22-03 04:09 PM
Joey

Pat Nixon circa ' 48
Adrianne Barbeau circa ' 72- ' 77
Heather Locklear circa ' 81 -
Heather Thomas circa ' 76 - ' 82 , ' 84 , '86 , '89 - '91
Jane Fonda circa ' 68 ( Barberella ) , ' 71 ( Klute ) , '79 ( China Syndrome ) , '81 ( that movie she did with her dad )
Faye Dunaway circa ' 66 ( Bonnie & Clyde ) , ' 76 ( Network ) , '87 ( Barfly , albeit with Beer Goggles )
Lucille Ball circa ' 51 - ' 58
Imogene Coca circa ' 14
Lindsey Wagner circa ' 75
Diane Sawyer circa ' 80
Jessica Savitch circa ' 83 ( right before she rolled her car )
Barbra Walters circa ' 42

09-22-03 04:18 PM
jb Jane Seymour-anytime
Ursula Andrews circa 64
Rita Moreno circa 58'
Ann Margaret circa 61
Kim Carnes-circa 81
Kim Hunter circa 68
Valerie Bertenelli-circa 78
Bo Derek-anytime
Leeza Gibbons circa 92-95
Dinah Shore circa 45-77