ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Mottrush
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The F'in Who @ MSG Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th September 2006 10:50 AM
Saint Sway is there already a thread for this?

anyway...

saw my 1st Who show last night. The fuckers put the "F" in Fantastic. They are now forever known to me as the "The F'in Who!"

Townsend was fierce. Zack amazing. They really bring it!!!!
19th September 2006 10:54 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
is there already a thread for this?

anyway...

saw my 1st Who show last night. The fuckers put the "F" in Fantastic. They are now forever known to me as the "The F'in Who!"

packed house?
19th September 2006 10:59 AM
WJ I'm seeing them tonight. I can't wait!
19th September 2006 11:00 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

packed house?

pretty packed. Some empties up top and scattered about. Same capacity as Crowes on NYE, not as packed as Stones MSG shows

crowd was slow to arrive. When they walked out onstage half the place was still at the concessions. I thought it was wide open. But then folks rushed to their seats

lame crowd though. Even lamer than old Stones fans. For the life of me, I cant understand how people can act indifferent at a kick ass rock show. People act like their home on the couch watching Seinfeld reruns. Its the F'in Who - JUST GO NUTS!
19th September 2006 11:03 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

pretty packed. Some empties up top and scattered about. Same capacity as Crowes on NYE, not as packed as Stones MSG shows

crowd was slow to arrive. When they walked out onstage half the place was still at the concessions. I thought it was wide open. But then folks rushed to their seats

lame crowd though. Even lamer than old Stones fans. For the life of me, I cant understand how people can act indifferent at a kick ass rock show. People act like their home on the couch watching Seinfeld reruns. Its the F'in Who - JUST GO NUTS!

The demographic of the crowd for these large shows is not the "youth gone wild" (see: Skid Row), it is becoming more of an older corporate crowd.

I agree with you, folks should have more fun.
19th September 2006 11:06 AM
jb The Who is lucky to be doin gth etype of business they are currently10-15k is great #'s for them.
19th September 2006 11:08 AM
Jumping Jack This show was panned on the Who board as being no where near as good as Philly. True?
19th September 2006 11:10 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
The Who is lucky to be doin gth etype of business they are currently10-15k is great #'s for them.

agreed, there is a large crossover between stones fans and who fans (mostly bitter stones fans) and Cohl and Co. has sucked (see: Hoover Vaccuums) many of the Who's demographic's concert budget away this year!
19th September 2006 11:10 AM
Saint Sway I had fun. They were great. Nowhere near as fun as a Stones show (what is??)

but f'in talented mofo's!! Townsend is still a beast onstage. Like an animal that broke free of his cage! He still rocks hard. Even semi-mellow songs like Anyhow, Anyway Anywhere were rough and rockin. And Zack is the sickest drummer I've ever seen. I was really impressed.

also, the new songs were great. Sounded very classic Who. I couldnt tell you what that mini opera is all about. But the songs were solid. Definately had a vintage sound.

Pete was quiet. Even joked after the 1st song that Roger told him to shut up tonite (The NY Post went off on Petes rants at Jones Beach). But later on he made some really nice comments about NY and 9/11 and dedicated Behind Blue Eyes. Was a very moving moment.
19th September 2006 11:18 AM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
This show was panned on the Who board as being no where near as good as Philly. True?

I didn't see the philly show, but this show was pretty good. The crowd was lame though. Some lady behind me was like "can you please sit down? I can't see!" (The people in front of me were standing too, so I said NO, and she got huffy). The songs that got the most reaction were Baba O'Riley, Emminance Front, You Better You Bet, and of course, Won't Get Fooled Again. The sound seemed a little muddy to me, but that could be because I was up top, and my ears are a little plugged from a cold. There were also several instances of unintended feedback. I will be down in Sec. 87 tonight, so I'll let you know if the sound quality is better down there. Roger sounded good on the final encore & I didn't notice the problems with his voice too much.
19th September 2006 11:20 AM
Your Cousin Lou Also, I saw a LOT of kids in the crowd, not just the 40+ set.
19th September 2006 11:23 AM
jb Bottom line, enough of the Who crap...Stones on tour tommorrow and Who very irrelevant now that the tour starts...remeber, despite our criticisms of the band, they are still better than all else-especially the Who.
19th September 2006 11:26 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Bottom line, enough of the Who crap...Stones on tour tommorrow and Who very irrelevant now that the tour starts...remeber, despite our criticisms of the band, they are still better than all else-especially the Who.

hopefully there will be a ton of Dylan threads today too
19th September 2006 11:28 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

hopefully there will be a ton of Dylan threads today too

A lot of Who/Dylan , but now with tour, more interest in Stones. Last time probably, so mIGHT AS WELL enjoy it.
19th September 2006 11:47 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

A lot of Who/Dylan , but now with tour, more interest in Stones. Last time probably, so mIGHT AS WELL enjoy it.

We should be discussing the wonderful list of songs rehearsed as well as predicting how good Jacob is as papering as it is crunch time for Gillette. I beleive they will fill the seats somehow! The radio giveaways seem to be a success as they are now offering Pat's tickets with some of the contests (which need to be picked up at the Stones show to ensure that folks just dont take the Pat's tickets and ditch the stones show). I am sad that we have to bribe people to come to a stones show with the promise of NFL tickets, but whatever.

Its Go Time.
19th September 2006 11:50 AM
jb 500 seats just rleased based on satge set up!!!
19th September 2006 11:51 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

We should be discussing the wonderful list of songs rehearsed as well as predicting how good Jacob is as papering as it is crunch time for Gillette. I beleive they will fill the seats somehow! The radio giveaways seem to be a success as they are now offering Pat's tickets with some of the contests (which need to be picked up at the Stones show to ensure that folks just dont take the Pat's tickets and ditch the stones show). I am sad that we have to bribe people to come to a stones show with the promise of NFL tickets, but whatever.

Its Go Time.

wrong. We should discuss how hard Pete kicked ass and Who-miliated Keith last night.
19th September 2006 11:54 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

wrong. We should discuss how hard Pete kicked ass and Who-miliated Keith last night.

You need to go to the WHo board....other bands are O.K., but once a tour starts, it's time to come together ...Fuck the Who, the Stones are better than them even in the post MT era.
19th September 2006 11:55 AM
Saint Sway The F'in Who rocked last night
19th September 2006 12:08 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

saw my 1st Who show last night.

How old are you? I would have thought you would have been around for the Who at Shea in '82. There was nobody yelling "sit down I can't see" at that show. That show kicked ass. . . . The Clash and the Who on the same stage. . .f'in heaven for me!
19th September 2006 12:13 PM
Saint Sway 82? I was like in 6th grade then and wasnt going to concerts. I actually never got into the Who growing up. Liked classic rock. Just thought they were the anti Stones for some reason. Not really sure, just a stupid HS thing where I decided I wouldnt listen to them.

I admire them now though and am really glad I saw them last night. They are truly a great live band.
19th September 2006 12:32 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

We should be discussing the wonderful list of songs rehearsed as well as predicting how good Jacob is as papering as it is crunch time for Gillette.

Papering isn't good. Unless you are a recipient of a free but that only makes you more keenly aware of how poor sales really are.
19th September 2006 12:34 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:

Papering isn't good. Unless you are a recipient of a free but that only makes you more keenly aware of how poor sales really are.

better to shake a fan down outside the venue and get him to sell you a ticket at 1/5 of what he paid his hard earned money for???
19th September 2006 12:35 PM
SweetVirginia I posted these pics from last night in a thread I started this a.m., but here they are again:

19th September 2006 12:43 PM
Saint Sway Good pics. I love that they have no mungo grand stage or fancy intro. They just walk out in t-shirts and jeans and rock.

thats what its about man!

and just guitar, bass, drums and keys. No stage gimmicks, no background singers, no horn sections, no drunken South African dude that gets paid to roll joints and shake a maraca... no lame trumpet guy that feeds off their name to milk fans into seeing him play jazz renditions of his songs at bars on off nights...
19th September 2006 12:49 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

better to shake a fan down outside the venue and get him to sell you a ticket at 1/5 of what he paid his hard earned money for???

I don't ask what they paid, maybe they got it for free or maybe not, I just decide what I want to pay for the show and look for someone who can accomodate that price. No shaking down whatsoever. In the case of the Stones Anaheim Stadium, one of the tickets I paid $20 for was a comp.
19th September 2006 01:11 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Good pics. I love that they have no mungo grand stage or fancy intro. They just walk out in t-shirts and jeans and rock.

No shiny cut-away jackets anywhere in sight!

They rocked.

SV
19th September 2006 05:47 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
is there already a thread for this?

anyway...

I am so proud of you :

20th September 2006 12:01 AM
lotsajizz hey Joey!!!
20th September 2006 12:23 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I actually never got into the Who growing up. Liked classic rock. Just thought they were the anti Stones for some reason. Not really sure, just a stupid HS thing where I decided I wouldnt listen to them.

"A stupid high school thing where I decided I wouldn't listen to them." Like Josh and the Beatles.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)