ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Please back to reherase Sway and play it live
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will Keith play anything but "Worst"&Infamy? Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 19th, 2005 12:12 PM
jb I don't think so.........
September 19th, 2005 12:17 PM
Saint Sway I would like to see the title of this thread changed to:

Keith please play anything other than Infamy.
September 19th, 2005 12:21 PM
Nellcote They've got a week off to re-charge.
Let's see what happens
Always great to be surprised!
September 19th, 2005 12:32 PM
Saint Sway their 6 weeks of rehearsing in toronto has only produced 30 songs.

how many new songs do you expect them to come up with after taking a week off to meet with their accountants?

the Ameriquest Stones are more concerned with diversifying their portfolios than they are with diversifying their set lists.
September 19th, 2005 12:34 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I would like to see the title of this thread changed to:

Keith please play anything other than Infamy.

That's funny...I mean I like the songs, but we need a little rock-n-roll. I will add Keith is playing like a mother-fucker during the rest of the set!!!
September 19th, 2005 12:38 PM
Gazza Its disappointing and surprising that he hasnt, because on the last couple of tours thats been one part of the show which had a lot of variety

I'm amazed he hasnt played This Place is Empty, I would have thought that would have been a cert for the 'slow' song of Keith's mini-set more so than 'Infamy' was for the 'fast' song of the pair.
September 19th, 2005 12:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
They've got a week off to re-charge.
Let's see what happens

I dont believe they'll change it significantly to be honest.
September 19th, 2005 12:45 PM
Tom
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
They've got a week off to re-charge.
Let's see what happens

Are they going to rehearse this week?
September 19th, 2005 12:51 PM
Saint Sway Keith could just easily rotate these 2 sets:
• The Worst / Infamy
• This Place Is Empty / Little T&A

quote:
jb wrote:

I will add Keith is playing like a mother-fucker during the rest of the set!!!

Keith is playing his best since the last Wino's tour. Guitars are louder than previous tours and he is just a possesed beast at times. Playing with much more piss and vinegar than the last few tours.
September 19th, 2005 01:31 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Its disappointing and surprising that he hasnt, because on the last couple of tours thats been one part of the show which had a lot of variety

I'm amazed he hasnt played This Place is Empty, I would have thought that would have been a cert for the 'slow' song of Keith's mini-set more so than 'Infamy' was for the 'fast' song of the pair.

i think Keith really likes Infamy a lot, thats why he keeps playing it. I can deal with the worst... probably my favorite Keith ballad song...
September 19th, 2005 01:38 PM
The_Worst I personally think Keith will begin to mix up his songs. Sooner or later, I'm sure he's going to play "This Place Is Empty" as the slow one.

One comment about the Keith part of the show. I seen the Stones four times on this tour now & I love "The Worst" (Obviously from my name!!!) & "Infamy". However, 90% of the audience does not know either one of these songs. Keith always plays a ballad & a rocker. However, "Infamy", while faster than "The Worst" still is kind of a mellow tune. The audience will sit through one slow tune they don't know well but two & the people start to loose interest a little. Don't get me wrong, I personally love this. My only thought is that if Keith plays "Infamy" than he has to play a rocker as his other song not a ballad. It comes off almost as two ballads in a row. Personally, I'd love to hear "This Place is Empty' & then "Little T&A". "You Got The Silver", "Too Rude" or even "Wanna Hold You" would go over great & would be nice alternatives to the usual "Happy"/"Before They Make Me Run" choices. Again, I love all the Keef stuff but it kind of falls on deaf ears on the majority of the audience.
September 19th, 2005 01:53 PM
Lethargy I'm very glad he's taking a break from HAPPY and Before They Make Me Run, both of which have had painfully lame renditions on the last several tours.

The Worst is a fantastic choice!

However, as Infamy blows putrid chunks of money phlegm, I wish he'd switch that slot to This Place Is Empty.
September 19th, 2005 01:56 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
I'm very glad he's taking a break from HAPPY and Before They Make Me Run, both of which have had painfully lame renditions on the last several tours.

Happy would rock on this tour, the way the guitars are ripping now-a-days
September 19th, 2005 02:00 PM
jb The way he plays Infamy is like another ballad..I agree..1 ballad and 1 rocker as in the past..Sadly, no matter what we think, it totaly stagnates the show....
September 19th, 2005 02:07 PM
Saint Sway the other question that begs asking is will Keith ever change his
"impromptu dialogue" before his set??

at the 1st show I saw, I thought it was kinda amusing for him to scratch his head and mumble "anyways... I'm supposed to be doing something... oh yeah! right! yeah, I'm supposed to sing a song now heh heh"

that was amusing once

but after 5 shows of hearing him say the exact same schtick its kind of tough to suspend belief that he actually forgot that he was supposed to sing again.

that schtick is even lamer than playing the sames song every night.
September 19th, 2005 02:11 PM
justinkurian He changed it up a bit at Giants Stadium and said, "It's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere."

Ha...
September 19th, 2005 02:15 PM
jb
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
He changed it up a bit at Giants Stadium and said, "It's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere."

Ha...

LOL...I was so close to him I was screaming my lungs out...really great show..but man, his daughters gotta tell him to quit the same 1 liners...
September 19th, 2005 02:17 PM
Joey

Coming Down Again ................!
September 19th, 2005 02:19 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Coming Down Again ................!

Nebraska is the worst 3-0 team in NCAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 19th, 2005 02:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
He changed it up a bit at Giants Stadium and said, "It's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere."

Ha...

he's been doing that one since Voodoo!!

and afterwards he still went into the "oh yeah, what am I supposed to be doing..."
September 19th, 2005 02:37 PM
jb The only good thing abbout his set is that he and Mick actually have to hold hands...that's the only contacdt they have the entire show.
September 19th, 2005 02:43 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT GOLD RINGS ON YA!
September 19th, 2005 02:45 PM
Maxlugar Worst Keith set since Keith started doing sets.

If Jagger might come out and play harp on Infamy it might kick a little. Otherwise it's a sleeper.

I went to take a leak during Keith's set and even my d*ck was groggy...

September 19th, 2005 02:46 PM
jb Sadly, I must agree with Lugar.
September 19th, 2005 03:39 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Sadly, I must agree with Lugar.

September 19th, 2005 03:41 PM
Joey " I went to take a leak during Keith's set and even my d*ck was groggy..."

September 19th, 2005 03:41 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Funny posting Joey..you may take the rest of the afternoon off!!!!
September 19th, 2005 03:44 PM
Joey " Funny posting Joey..you may take the rest of the afternoon off!!!! "

September 19th, 2005 03:46 PM
jb Has anyone seen my old friend Baby Steelie?
September 19th, 2005 04:09 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Has anyone seen my old friend Baby Steelie?

********** CUE MUSIC ************

Has anybody here seen my old friend Steelie?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He freed a lot of people,
But it seems the good they die young.
You know, I just looked around and he's gone.

Anybody here seen my old friend John?
I just looked around and he's gone.

Anybody here seen my old friend Martin?
I just looked 'round and he's gone.

Didn't you love the things that they stood for?
Didn't they try to find some good for you and me?
And we'll be free
Some day soon, and it's a-gonna be one day ...

Anybody here seen my old friend Bobby?
I thought I saw him walk up over the hill,
With Steelie, Martin and John.

****** Fade to White --- Like An Angel !!! *******
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)