ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1969 by Someone at the Associated Press With thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sympathy for the European charts Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-16-03 02:32 PM
glencar Now that's funny, fool!
09-16-03 02:33 PM
jb Don't go there....you cannot possibly succeed...you will end up retreating again to "Shidoobee" with you buddies kath51 and KR210.....
09-16-03 02:36 PM
glencar I don't think so, bitch. You'll edit out all your nonsense. That's victory in my book. Give it up, Joshy. All is lost.
09-16-03 02:37 PM
jb "I don't think so Bitch""-finally you posted something amusing...Congrats...
[Edited by jb]
09-16-03 02:40 PM
glencar Another edit job by Perry White! BTW Kath is upset about something else...football scores or something. She doesn't ahve time to waste with you like I do.
09-16-03 02:41 PM
jb You, her, and Keithrichards210 followed me here like lost puppy dogs...
09-16-03 02:46 PM
glencar I have to say Joshy that even though you're a jerk & all, you're not as bad as Juno & her henchwoman Tommygunn. Now there's a pussy.
09-16-03 02:49 PM
jb Well, the difference is that I really I'm not a jerk as I am sure you heard from the people who met me at Walters including Doug....you just seem to bring it out in me...but thanks for the compliment.
09-16-03 02:51 PM
glencar Well, I was told Juno wasn't a jerk in person eitehr. I think you two just act worse on the net. But whatever. At least you didn't buy a tile from Brian Jones' pool where he died. Sick!
09-16-03 03:24 PM
glencar Juno is acting like a crunt these days. What's her problem?
09-16-03 05:25 PM
steel driving hammer Have you heard about the hidden DVD tracks on this?

Where did I hear that from?
09-16-03 09:28 PM
steel driving hammer It sucks.

I would of liked less Jagger, and more music mixes.

If I had to pick a fave, track 4.

But it's the same original version of lyrics 7 songs in a row.

Much better liked the Out Of Control / Saint Of Me mixes.

There's no hidden DVD tracks too.

Also I'm not too fond of the 3D 'Professional' Cover Art!

For a stud (like myself) who even likes She's The Boss, I give this Remix a C-/D+.
09-17-03 06:27 AM
egon steelie,

what tracks do you have on it, cos i think there are several versions of the cd.

mine comes with the video as well.
09-17-03 10:58 AM
KeepRigid The best thing about it is probably the $3 coupon that it's packaged with- good towards any of the remastered Stones albums. Oh, and I also liked staring at the flame tongue logo and pretending it was a new album.

Otherwise, it's the same kind of rhythm tracks that have been added to all of the Stones' remixes of late. (None of which have anything to do with the actual song.) A few of the cuts are somewhat interesting, though, if only to see how each has chosen to isolate the original track.

Damn, I wish we'd get a new album soon.
09-17-03 11:06 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
egon wrote:
steelie,
what tracks do you have on it, cos i think there are several versions of the cd.
mine comes with the video as well.

I have 7 tracks on mine and it didn't mention a DVD video anywhere on the insert but stupid me I never popped in the DVD player just to see.
09-17-03 11:11 AM
Boomy I have no more faith in a new album. It will be years before we get one, and that means they will probably have a 10 year span between albums.

09-17-03 11:14 AM
egon steelie,

it's not a dvd, but something they call 'enhanced cd' or something.

you can only play it on your pc.

it's the 7th track on mine.
09-17-03 04:21 PM
steel driving hammer Thanks Egon, here's another blurb about it...

"Sympathy For The Devil", the one defining song in the Rolling Stones great catalog , is now here in spectacular multi-channel (5.1), to provide the best argument for hi resolution. It is also the most supreme argument for releasing the Abkco Stones catalog yet once again, this time in Multi-Channel.

In the 5.1 mix, the original version is a completely immersive experience. The vocals utilize the center channel and are heard in the surrounds. The left and right channels feature the instruments with the surrounds placing you in the center of the stage. Keith's lead guitar lines are heard achieving resonance and depth that can only be imagined on CD. Likewise the bass lines as you hear them plucked and reverberate, hanging in the air. The congas take their best shape in the surrounds.

This set also contain 3 remix efforts in radio edits and full versions of "Sympathy For the Devil". Remixed by some of the best in the business, the song never becomes abused. Instead they retain the complete spirit of the song while providing new and interesting ways of hearing it.
Page: 1 2