ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with special thanks to Alexstones from Chile!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jack Nicholson appreciation thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
13th September 2006 10:28 AM
Ten Thousand Motels What's your favorite "Jack Flick"?.................

13th September 2006 10:30 AM
nankerphelge Man there are so many good ones.

The Shining is my favorite.

"Oh I've got a helmet"

13th September 2006 10:34 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
The Shining is my favorite.

Stephen King LOL

13th September 2006 10:34 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Stephen King LOL

Sorry....had to get that plug in there.
13th September 2006 10:37 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Can anyone recommend a good bio of Jack? I'm not familiar with one. I could google around I suppose.
13th September 2006 10:38 AM
Riffhard My ex wife went to the same high school that Jack went to. Manasquan High School in Manasquan,New Jersey. He even showed up for the 50th reunion at the school a few years ago.

Favorite Jack flick? I gotta go with One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. But I like just about everything he ever did.

Riffy
13th September 2006 10:46 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
My ex wife went to the same high school that Jack went to. Manasquan High School in Manasquan,New Jersey. He even showed up for the 50th reunion at the school a few years ago.

Riffy

I wonder if Jack got laid alot in high school or if he was just a pimply faced geek. At any rate, he's made up for it since.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
13th September 2006 10:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
What's your favorite "Jack Flick"?.................

13th September 2006 10:56 AM
Ten Thousand Motels "Doing it for the kids."

Does that mean you're a good catholic Gazza???

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
13th September 2006 11:00 AM
LadyJane Tie
"The Witches of Eastwick"
"The Shining"

Jack is such a bad bad boy!!!

LJ.
13th September 2006 11:04 AM
Gazza
quote:
"Doing it for the kids."

Does that mean you're a good catholic Gazza???

No. Just a very sloppy Protestant
13th September 2006 11:11 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
No. Just a very sloppy Protestant

Big family?
13th September 2006 11:15 AM
GotToRollMe I like just about everything he's done, but there are a couple of scenes from "The Witches Of Eastwick" that always stand out for me: When they're in the pool and he's wearing that bathing cap; and after the witches have turned on him, when Susan Sarandon walks into his house and he turns around with that "evil" face. Good stuff!

Hey, what's not to love?

13th September 2006 11:21 AM
nankerphelge That new movie by Scorcese with Jack, Damon, Decaprio and Wahlberg looks amazing -- hope it is as good as it looks.
[Edited by nankerphelge]
13th September 2006 11:22 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I think Jack's work breaks a cardinal rule of acting. The audience should be made to forget that they're watching a play or a film and an actors role and have the character overshadow the actor, right? For some reason you know you're consciously watching Jack act all during the performance. Now does that make him a "character actor" like John Wayne????
13th September 2006 11:33 AM
sirmoonie He shines in damn near everything he did - in Cuckoo, perhaps the most - freakin' McMurphy.

There is a relatively little know movie he did called The Last Detail - early 70s - with Randy Quaid - that is incredible. Check it out.
13th September 2006 11:34 AM
jb Bad taste in Basketball teams, but a great actor and stones fan. Lost some credibility w/ me when he attened Macca show. Best movie=China Town.
13th September 2006 11:39 AM
ComeAsYouAre Five Easy Pieces
13th September 2006 11:42 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Lost some credibility w/ me when he attened Macca show.

I think he fucked Cher as well. Not that I know that for a fact, but everyone else did. Oh well boys will be boys.
13th September 2006 11:44 AM
jb
quote:

I think he fucked Cher as well. Not that I know that for a fact, but everyone else did. Oh well boys will be boys.

He was with that really skinny chick "Laura ?" for awhile...she was not attractive imo.....
13th September 2006 11:52 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:

He was with that really skinny chick "Laura ?" for awhile...she was not attractive imo.....

I don't think Angelica Houston is THAT great either. But Jack's a whore-hound....he doesn't care. well that much. But that's what I don't understand.....Stephen King's wife is a dog, nice person but ugly. King is losing credibilty with me....he needs to cash in the old lady for a younger model. Love just doesn't cut it. Oh I don't know.... what people do is their own business. LOL. Just ramblin'....
13th September 2006 12:01 PM
Honky Tonk Man The Shining is my favourite.

Has anyone seen any of the B-movies he made in the early 60's? I'd be interested to know what he was like back then.
13th September 2006 12:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >Nicholson was born at Bellevue Hospital Center in New York City to June Frances Nicholson (alias June Nilson), a showgirl of English and Irish descent who had previously married an Italian-American showman Donald Furcillo (stage name Donald Rose) six months earlier in Elkton, Maryland, on October 16, 1936. Elkton was a town known for its "quickie" marriages. However, Furcillo was already married, and, although he offered to take care of the child, June's mother Ethel insisted that she bring up the baby, partly so that June could pursue her dancing career.

Jack was brought up believing his grandparents Joseph (a department store window dresser in Asbury Park, New Jersey) and Ethel May Nicholson (a hairdresser and beautician and amateur artist in Neptune, New Jersey) were his parents. He attended high school at nearby Manasquan High School, where a drama award was ultimately named in his honor. Nicholson only discovered that his parents were actually his grandparents and his sister was in fact his mother in 1974 after being informed by a Time Magazine journalist who was doing a feature on him (see [1]) while he was filming The Fortune with Stockard Channing.

By this time both his mother and grandmother had died (in 1963 and 1970, respectively), Nicholson has stated he does not know who his father is, saying "Only Ethel and June knew and they never told anybody" (see [2]) . Although Donald Furcillo claimed to be Nicholson's father and to have committed bigamy by marrying June, biographer Patrick McGilligan, who wrote Jack's Life (published in December 1995) asserted that Eddie King, June's manager, may be the father and other (see [3]) sources have suggested that June Nicholson was unsure of who the father was. Jack Nicholson has chosen not to have a DNA test or to pursue the matter. Although Nicholson is personally against abortion, he is pro-choice.[4] Nicholson told Vanity Fair in 1992 that he did not believe in God.[5]

Jack Nicholson as Wilbur Force in The Little Shop of Horrors (1960).In his adult personal life, Nicholson has been notorious for his inability to "settle down". He has four children by three different women despite only being married once (Jennifer Nicholson with former wife Sandra Knight, Caleb Goddard with Susan Anspach, his Five Easy Pieces co-star, and Lorraine and Raymond Nicholson with Rebecca Broussard). He has been romantically linked to numerous actresses and models for decades. Nicholson's longest relationship was for 17 years to actress Anjelica Huston, the daughter of the legendary director John Huston. However, the relationship ended when the news reported that Rebecca Broussard had become pregnant with his child.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Nicholson
More recently, Jack has been linked to former flame Lara Flynn Boyle.<
----------------------------------------------------------
13th September 2006 12:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Has anyone seen any of the B-movies he made in the early 60's? I'd be interested to know what he was like back then.

Jack's Jack. I don't think he changes much.
13th September 2006 12:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sorry....had to get that plug in there.

13th September 2006 12:14 PM
monkey_man The Shining
One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
Chinatown
The Postman Always Rings Twice
Prizzi's Honor
13th September 2006 02:17 PM
texile cuckoo's nest and the border (a little unknown gem from 1981)
13th September 2006 04:03 PM
parmeda
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
There is a relatively little know movie he did called The Last Detail - early 70s - with Randy Quaid - that is incredible. Check it out.

Oh, moonie...one of my favorites!

"...I AM the fucking police!!!"

13th September 2006 04:09 PM
Gimme Shelter A Few Good Men
The Shining
One Flew Over The Chuckoos Nest
Batman
Easy Rider
Mars Attacks

[Edited by Gimme Shelter]
13th September 2006 04:14 PM
jb Like Deniro, has become a "whore" and takes any shiot role to make the $$$$.....they are a disgrace.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)