ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with special thanks to Alexstones from Chile!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What Are You Listening To.... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
23rd August 2006 06:48 PM
RollingstonesUSA Dio-Holy Diver, then, Rolling Stones-Absolutely Mindblowing, I have no idea what's on it....
23rd August 2006 07:41 PM
pdog Stones...
23rd August 2006 08:38 PM
Jair Stadium Arcadium, Red Hot Chili Peppers

IORR - (The)Fucking Stones

The Forbidden Whispers: Brian Jones & his Ghost Quintet.

[Edited by Jair]
23rd August 2006 08:49 PM
Gazza

to quote Big Audio Dynamite : "...spread the news, the maestro's back...."
23rd August 2006 09:55 PM
Soldatti Boots from the Licks Tour.
23rd August 2006 11:34 PM
Dan The Who Boulder,CO Folsom Field 10/17/82 as I transfer it to disc

disc one
01. My Generation
02. I Can't Explain
03. Dangerous
04. Sister Disco
05. The Quiet One
06. Its Hard
07. Eminence Front
08. Behind Blue Eyes
09. Baba O'Riley
10. Drowned
11. A Man Is A Man
12. Cry If You Want
disc two
01. Who Are You?
02. Pinball Wizard
03. See Me Feel Me
04. Substitute
05. 5:15
06. Love Reign O'er Me
07. Long Live Rock
08. Wont Get Fooled Again
09. Naked Eye
10. Summertime Blues
11. Twist And Shout
23rd August 2006 11:35 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Dan wrote:
The Who Boulder,CO Folsom Field 10/17/82 as I transfer it to disc

disc one
01. My Generation
02. I Can't Explain
03. Dangerous
04. Sister Disco
05. The Quiet One
06. Its Hard
07. Eminence Front
08. Behind Blue Eyes
09. Baba O'Riley
10. Drowned
11. A Man Is A Man
12. Cry If You Want
disc two
01. Who Are You?
02. Pinball Wizard
03. See Me Feel Me
04. Substitute
05. 5:15
06. Love Reign O'er Me
07. Long Live Rock
08. Wont Get Fooled Again
09. Naked Eye
10. Summertime Blues
11. Twist And Shout

How's the sound quality....
23rd August 2006 11:39 PM
Dan
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

How's the sound quality....

Slightly above average for the time period, pretty decent, I think its 2nd to 3rd gen, havent seen it on many lists which is why I am bothering. Transferred the Jethro Tull opening set the other day. Figured it would be easier than FFing all through it looking for The Who.

24th August 2006 01:09 AM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:
Transferred the Jethro Tull opening set the other day. Figured it would be easier than FFing all through it looking for The Who.

Too bad it wasn't The clash opening. I had recordings of Clash and Who from the show in Philly that tour. Too bad those tapes are long gone. My friends recorded it, it wasn't to shabby either. Oh well!
24th August 2006 01:12 AM
Lethargy Wilco's new live album. Great band.
24th August 2006 01:14 AM
RollingstonesUSA AC/DC Blamed For Idiot's Driving:

Australia's Sunshine Coast Daily reports that a reckless driver was sentenced to 3½ years behind bars for speeding along the Bruce Highway at up to 182km/h while singing the AC/DC lyrics "Are you ready for a good time?" — and filming the entire experience for a "home movie."

Michael Barry George was swearing and abusing other drivers, weaving in and out of traffic, and singing the AC/DC lyrics during his "idiotic" 18.5-kilometre rush last November.

In the eight-minute video played in Maroochydore District Court, George could be seen putting dozens of drivers at risk when he overtook vehicles on the left side, tailgated cars and motorbikes, and beeped his horn.

Read more at www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au.
24th August 2006 01:17 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
24th August 2006 01:18 AM
speedfreakjive i recently discovered in my collection a boot from the 70's, not sure when, probably early with a great tune on it called 'Drift Away', anyone know it?
24th August 2006 01:20 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, it's a great unreleased cover. From the IORR sessions early 1974
24th August 2006 01:28 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Yes, it's a great unreleased cover. From the IORR sessions early 1974

their most underrated album IMHO.
24th August 2006 01:30 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

their most underrated album IMHO.

Agree 100%
24th August 2006 01:32 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Agree 100%

I can't really believe that people slate it. the recording is much better than on GHS too
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
24th August 2006 01:41 AM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

Too bad it wasn't The clash opening. I had recordings of Clash and Who from the show in Philly that tour. Too bad those tapes are long gone. My friends recorded it, it wasn't to shabby either. Oh well!

I have LA and Shea Stadium. I might have Philly but dont remember. Dont really keep track of tapes anymore. I did have a Clash show from the Spectrum 84. It sounded awful but it was a great show and often listened through headphones on long walks and bus rides.
24th August 2006 01:43 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

I can't really believe that people slate it.

I don't understand it either, I think all the songs rock IMO, even the filler rocks, it's one of those albums you can listen to, start to finish....
24th August 2006 01:43 AM
pdog
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

I can't really believe that people slate it.

I don't. I like everything from Tatooo you back 100%. Some albums and songs I like more than others, but I think the work they did was stellar.
24th August 2006 01:44 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
pdog wrote:

I don't. I like everything from Tatooo you back 100%. Some albums and songs I like more than others, but I think the work they did was stellar.

I can't wait for my Stones tatto to go with my Alice tatt....word
24th August 2006 01:44 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

I don't understand it either, I think all the songs rock IMO, even the filler rocks, it's one of those albums you can listen to, start to finish....

my thoughts exactly. You still have the Stones themed bar?
24th August 2006 01:46 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

my thoughts exactly. You still have the Stones themed bar?

Yeah, it's doin good, kinda sorda,lol, Columbia is not a hotbed for entertainment, and I've only been workin' here and there, since I have this stupid injury, all in all, it's goin pretty good....
24th August 2006 01:48 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Yeah, it's doin good, kinda sorda,lol, Columbia is not a hotbed for entertainment, and I've only been workin' here and there, since I have this stupid injury, all in all, it's goin pretty good....

Columbia being in Ohio?? I'm English.
The only fault of IORR for me is a lack of a final killer tune.
24th August 2006 01:50 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

Columbia being in Ohio?? I'm English.
The only fault of IORR for me is a lack of a final killer tune.

Columbia, South Carolina, boring town USA!,lol, My thoughts exactly if it ended with a killer rocker or a Keith song ala Infamy or a little bit faster, would have kicked ass
24th August 2006 01:53 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Columbia, South Carolina, boring town USA!,lol, My thoughts exactly if it ended with a killer rocker or a Keith song ala Infamy or a little bit faster, would have kicked ass

probably better than the place I'm living at the moment, a bit in the sticks really, although near a big city.
24th August 2006 01:54 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

probably better than the place I'm living at the moment, a bit in the sticks really, although near a big city.

Where at? I'm originally from Boston, so moving down south was a complete culture shock,lol
24th August 2006 01:56 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Where at? I'm originally from Boston, so moving down south was a complete culture shock,lol

Not in America, although I'd love to live there at some point. Its near Leeds in the North of England.

I've heard that Boston is the most English city in the US, any truth there?
24th August 2006 01:59 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

Not in America, although I'd love to live there at some point. Its near Leeds in the North of England.

I've heard that Boston is the most English city in the US, any truth there?

Yeah, def, I would say the most English city is Boston, considering the roots of the city....
24th August 2006 07:12 PM
Jair who cares, anyway?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)