ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Poncho Rico
With thanks to Irina and Lucía :)

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: TW Classic Festival, Werchter - 7 September - Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-07-03 04:47 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Where is that fucking setlist???
09-07-03 04:49 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl There's one at Charlie's kit and there's anpther on the b-stage

LOL I was about to stick this thread thinking that the show started too early
09-07-03 04:51 PM
Moonisup 22.30 said Belgium TV this afternoon
09-07-03 04:56 PM
Angiegirl Go fetch it for us Gerardo!
09-07-03 05:15 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Go fetch it for us Gerardo!

Go Gerardo go!!!
09-07-03 05:53 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I can just see it now, Voodoo sneaking into Belgium, via the D.F. de México (somehow), snagging a B-Stage copy and coming back to us...

...stopping only at the YOTI, of course.

-tSYX --- I sing my heart out to the infinite sea...
09-07-03 05:56 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat He'll do that for us, I know he will. Gerardo loves us. And we love Gerardo.
09-07-03 06:16 PM
Boomy Rumor has it they played:

Harlem Shuffle
God Gave Me Everything
Cry Me a River (Justin tribute - Keith did the fist pumps on his head and his chest and said "Love ya, mate")
Stealing My Heart
Connection
Blue Suede Shoes
The Neptunes Remix of Sympathy for the Devil (the two guys from the Neptunes joined in and 50 Cent had the dj scratch the turntable and busted out into his ghetto music) --Keith was very upset

09-07-03 06:24 PM
Angiegirl I knew it!! Keef and JT have a thing for each other...
BTW, Charlie duetted with Marianne Faithfull on Sister Morphine, as he missed out in Shepherds Bush in '99.
09-07-03 06:26 PM
steel driving hammer Stealing My Heart is really a great song.
09-07-03 06:28 PM
Boomy That song came on when I had my stereo on the shuffle mode and I thought "Well, It's not that bad..."

But to say that it is great is poppycock!!!
[Edited by Boomy]
09-07-03 06:36 PM
steel driving hammer It's not Poppycock!

Each time I listen to it loud, it grows and it grows and it grows!

But I was just out there, chaste as a Nun...

THIS is Poppycock
|
|
|
|
|
V
09-07-03 06:39 PM
Boomy DOES MICK HAVE A SHARK FETISH???

TWO SONGS WITH "SHARKS" IN THEM!!!!!!!
09-07-03 06:42 PM
steel driving hammer It's almost 1AM there!

Someone's not doing their Dirty Work!

You pull the strings and you got the clout there's something filthy living in your mouth!

Find some dumb ass do it all for free!

09-07-03 06:43 PM
steel driving hammer Micks Bite on Love You Live is that of a Great White!

Baby that Hurts!
09-07-03 06:45 PM
Boomy I love that song, "Dirty Work". Probably my fave from that album.
09-07-03 06:46 PM
Dan I bet Die Laughing, Screamager, Nowhere, Knives, Potato Junkie and a bunch of new songs are in the setlist.
The Stones will do all the usual stuff too.
09-07-03 06:57 PM
Gazza >It's almost 1AM there! Someone's not doing their Dirty Work!

Werchter's in the middle of nowhere, miles from where most fans would be staying.

L&A volunteered to do the setlist but left for the show while I was offline and didnt e-mail me for my phone number so I'm not expecting a call this evening.
09-07-03 07:49 PM
beer From Iorr.org and http://perso.wanadoo.fr/doctorstones/licks_world_tour.htm

Brown Sugar
Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
Don't Stop
Angie
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Midnight Rambler
Tumbling Dice
Slipping Away
Before They Make Me Run
Sympathy For The Devil
Respectable (B-stage)
It's Only Rock n' Roll (B-stage)
Street Fighting Man (B-stage)
Gimme Shelter
Paint it black
Honky Tonk Women
Satisfaction
Jumping Jack Flash
[Edited by beer]
09-07-03 09:07 PM
coowouters Just got home from Werchter (it's 3 am over here)
De Mens: Nice
Therapy! : very good
Clouseau : can't tell, fell asleep during their gig (no kidding!)
Simple minds : I guess if you like them, it was ok

THE STONES: GUITARS!!!!!!!!!!
Ron and Keith meant business tonight; and the mix followed, so poor Chuckie and even Mick were low in the mix.
Charlie is Charlie
Great version of Paint it black, to be hones, all songs were great!
Sound was (as always in Werchter) excellent, except for the B-stage (same old problem; if you're to near, you get the sound from three different sources.
Said Hello to Mick, as promised to someone ( ), high fived with all, except Charlie.(and Chuckie, but that's another story)Mick as he used to do, running from one end of the (large) stage to the other. Keith most of the time on Ronnie's side.
More when I had some sleep (doubt that I can sleep; best stadium show I have seen lately, and it will be difficult to get the adrenaline down)

09-07-03 09:16 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Werchter's in the middle of nowhere, miles from where most fans would be staying.

Off The Hook,

No one decided to call thier brother on the telephone? Cause I know they would not get a engaged tone.

Posting so long he/she upset my mind, why is he/she taking such a long time?

Sitting in my bedroom late last night, w/out a setlist, got into bed w/ such a deep fright!

LOL!

But suddenly you pick up the telephone, and they're a sweet voice on the lyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyne.

09-07-03 09:22 PM
Dan Here is the setlist. Fuck - they did "Trigger Inside" which would have made the whole trip worth it

Nowhere
Nobody Here But Us
Screamager
Trigger Inside
Church Of Noise
Hey Satan U Rock
If It Kills Me
Turn
Die Laughing
My Voodoo Doll
Isolation
Diane
Potato Junkie
Knives
09-07-03 09:25 PM
steel driving hammer All joking aside, I'm really glad to see reports of these last 3 shows that the guitars are turned up a little more.
The guitars should be up front and prominent durring these final days, Charlie and Mick will inturn to better this way I think, not that they need to though.

Not final as in the Last Time, final as in any fucking show they do.

I think the day The Rolling Stones finally stop, so will the rotation of this Earth.

Cause this planet CANNOT Roll on it's axis w/out Charlie's steady beat!
09-08-03 03:25 AM
L&A Sooo sorry, I would like to post the setlist, but had no number...

This was the best stadium show I've ever seen ! The sound was excellent. Good and sharp guitars, Mick was fantastic as usual.

Midnight Rambler is the greatest all-time song, I knew it before, but tonight my dream became reality : we were not far from the ya ya's version, which is IMO the best live performance in history of rock music.

Other favorite moments: Angie (Mick's voice was incredible!) and You Can't Always Get What You Want in a long-long version . B-Stage was good except for the sound, Gimme Shelter ok, except intro... Don't know about Paint it black, to much Chuck IMO.

My kids (daughter 9 years and son 7) enjoyed their first show, singing YCAGWYW and dancing around on SFD

Only negative point of the gig: we left the show at 12:30, and arrived home, in Brussels at 4:30... wake-up at 7:00 for school and work ! Thanks to the incompetence of the organizers and police

Sorry for my poor English, even worst after a 2 hours-night...
09-08-03 04:27 AM
L&A
quote:
Gazza wrote:
L&A volunteered to do the setlist but left for the show while I was offline and didnt e-mail me for my phone number so I'm not expecting a call this evening.

Sorry Gazza, I saw Rolling_Bunny's post yesterday before leaving for the show, explaining that he wouldn't phone the setlist, so I volunteered at the very last minute. I thought you had my mail...
I should send you my phone number via PM
09-08-03 03:43 PM
Gazza I did but I wasnt online yesterday until you posted that you'd left for the show

Its absolutely no problem - hope you had a great show!!!
09-09-03 07:38 AM
coowouters Here we are again

Previously scheduled for August 2nd, but due to The Stones going to Toronto for SARSstock, rescheduled for september 7th, I finally got to see the boys again at the sacred festivalground of Werchter.
This concert was announced as a festival, albeit with the Stones as the top of the bill, so many people also came to see the other bands that performed that night.
But unlike at the previous gigs in O'hausen, Leipzig and Hockenheim (with AC/DC), they all stayed for the Stones.
Lots of young people have been introduced that night to the world of the Stones, which is a good thing because many left the festivalground with a new religion. (slowly walking the 1 mile to where were had to take our busses back to Leuven (took 90 minutes!), I overheard a lot of conversations from young people, who were still in awe over what they had witnessed that night.)

I arrived around noon and when the gates opened, it was no problem to get FOS, Ronnie's side. Unlike at Keith's side, all went smooth with the wristbands, and after regrouping with my friends, organising our spot and beerruns, I could go look around alittle on the grounds.

Security was very relaxed, so there will be lots of tapes of this show. Here we had security that did the job it is supposed to do at a concert; provide security for the band AND for the crowd. At a certain moment, while standing at the catwalk, a secutity guy was smiling into the camera from one of my newly made friends, but 2 minutes later warning someone not to let someone sit on his shoulders.

Funny thing, people were sitting on the gras near the FOS-entrance, having no clue that they still could get in! Guess they didn't know the FOS-concept and thought that you needed a special pass or so to get in.

Then it was showtime. As a Flemish speaking Belgian, I could appreciate the performance by "De Mens", not that I'm a fan, or even familiar with their repertoire, but a nice opener. As all the other bands would be doing, they also referred to the Stones quite often. (It"s great to be on the same stage as The Stones" and other stuff like that).

To my surprise, Therapy? managed to get this 46 year old Stonesfan to the front row. Must have been the energy and the raw guitars

After Therapy, Flanders most successfull group; Clouseau was going to play, but I completely slept through their set, only to wake up just went they did their encores. (didn't really pay attention, because I had to go the the boys room and it was my turn to go for a refill.)

While they were setting up for the Simple Minds, I got a phonecall from a friend at Keith's side, that he had some extra wristbands so I called a couple of people who had been too late to get in into the FOS, to meet them at Keith's side. It took me some 45 minutes to get from Ronnie's side to Keith's side and 45 minutes back, so I was back in when the Simple Minds where about to finish their set
And then, finally, the lights went out and the familiar intro started.

BAM!!!!! Keith erupted on the stage and we were in for a 2 hour, 19 songs set of the boys!
Some people have been "complaining" about the sound, but in my ears, except for some glitches now and then, it was almost perfect. Guitars were very strong, Keith better than all the previous shows I had witnessed, Ronnie concentrating on his playing and (almost) no clowning at all, the steady beat from Charlie and Mick right on top of it (except towards the end were he was either having problems with his voice, or having problems with the mix. We saw him do a run from the extreme right end of this huge stage to the other side, like he used to do on previous tours.
We got the full treatment; screen (although they had some problems once in a while), Fire erupting into the sky during SFTD, confetti and the fireworks after the encore.

As I had anticipated, this "mixed" crowd did not respond the way a Stonesfans-only crowd would have, but the atmosphere was still great. The "pockets of Stones fans went wild and even the "younger" generation of non-fans was enjoying the show.
Being home now with a bronchitis, I decided that this is the show that will close MY 40 Licks tour.
It has been great, even with the ups and downs of performances by different bandmembers, cancellations, traveling long distances, qeueing, nights in front of the PC (resulting in two clubshows), the discussions on this and other boards, meeting fans from all over the world, and so on and so on.......

See you all next tour!!!!

09-09-03 07:51 AM
bootcover

[Edited by bootcover]
09-09-03 04:36 PM
steel driving hammer Gosh great pix Bootie!

Got more?
09-10-03 04:51 PM
bootcover Have you ever seen Keith this BIG

Page: 1 2