ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
Ian, Bobby and Rogerriffin - Mexico City
© and special thanks to Tzonistac!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Roger Waters Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th September 2006 01:37 AM
lotsajizz Just back from Tweeter Center in Mansfield to see Waters....my first time seeing him, although I've seen the other three in the 'Floyd' combo several times. He puts a real spectacle on and his band wails and you know all the songs....lot of fun, highly reccomended--he's doing all of 'Dark Side' nowadays....

the band
Andy Fairweather Low (is there anyone he does NOT play with?!?)– Guitar
Snowy White – Guitar
Dave Kilminster – Guitar and Vocals
Graham Broad - Drums
Jon Carin – Keyboards
Harry Waters – Hammond
Ian Ritchie - Saxophone
Katie Kissoon, PP Arnold and Carol Kenyon – Background Vocals

the set--
In the Flesh

Mother

Set the Controls For the Heart Of the Sun

Shine On You Crazy Diamond (1-3)

Have A Cigar

Wish You Were Here

Southhampton Dock

The Fletcher Memorial Home

Perfect Sense Parts 1 and 2

Leaving Beirut

Sheep

(15 minute break)

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON:

Speak To Me

Breathe

On The Run

Time

The Great Gig In The Sky

Money

Us And Them

Any Colour You Like

Brain Damage

Eclipse

Encores

The Happiest Days of Our Lives

Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2

Vera

Bring The Boys Back Home

Comfortably Numb

btw, right wingers be warned...you will not be welcomed at his shows.....that will be VERY apparent early

the pig has some messages....

[Edited by lotsajizz]
9th September 2006 02:30 AM
Zack Glad you enjoyed the show, Sean. A few questions.

1. Did you get the sense that any of the vocals were prerecorded? There was some talk of that on the European leg. Did Roger have guest vocalists for the Gilmour-sung Dark Side numbers.

2. Does Harry Waters look like his old Dad? (Hope not)

3. Were you aware that PP Arnold was one of the Ikettes? Is she better looking than Lisa Fischer?

4. Did Snowy take most of Gilmour's solos? I'm glad Roger got rid of that left-handed guy. He didn't really fit in the 2000-2002 band.

5. Was Fletcher a highlight? This is the first tour he's played it

6. Was Perfect Sense as boring as it is on the record?
9th September 2006 03:07 AM
lotsajizz Zack asks....

1. Did you get the sense that any of the vocals were prerecorded? There was some talk of that on the European leg. Did Roger have guest vocalists for the Gilmour-sung Dark Side numbers.

I did not hear pre-recorded vocals--but I had/have a head full of LSD!! The vocals were not a high point and many of them were done by the guitarists and keyboard players.

2. Does Harry Waters look like his old Dad? (Hope not)

Too bad--he does...

3. Were you aware that PP Arnold was one of the Ikettes? Is she better looking than Lisa Fischer?

No, I did not know that. She was hot, but no Lisa...

4. Did Snowy take most of Gilmour's solos? I'm glad Roger got rid of that left-handed guy. He didn't really fit in the 2000-2002 band.

Yes...Fairweather-Low and the other guy took a few leads, but mostly Snowy....Gilmour-ish, but he's his own guy

5. Was Fletcher a highlight? This is the first tour he's played it

No. But it DID intrigue.....room for growth.....

6. Was Perfect Sense as boring as it is on the record?

No....it actually worked well...sort of.....
[Edited by lotsajizz]
9th September 2006 08:26 AM
corgi37 Real right wingers only like patriotic country music.

Honky tonk, be-donk-e-donk.
9th September 2006 09:37 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Real right wingers only like patriotic country music.

Honky tonk, be-donk-e-donk.

is Hank 3 'patriotic'? :-)

btw....
from the Globe....

MANSFIELD -- When there are speakers hanging over the concourse and up on the lawn you know someone from Pink Floyd must be playing the Tweeter Center.

the tiniest glimmer of hope.

In the first of a two-night stand Waters, looking fighting-trim, played a wide-ranging 2-hour-and-40-minute set with the celebrated 1973 Floyd album ``The Dark Side of the Moon" at its heart.

All it took was those familiar, menacing hammers marching in lockstep across the giant central video screen -- as the creeping dread of ``In the Flesh?" boomed out of the speakers -- to light up the sold-out crowd of both Waters's contemporaries and successive generations of Floyd enthusiasts.

The first set was given over mainly to an idiosyncratic set of Floyd tunes including classics like ``Wish You Were Here" and ``Have a Cigar" and deeper cuts like ``The Fletcher Memorial Home" -- a stinging indictment of political leaders past and present. Curiously Waters chose to play only two songs from his solo catalog the galvanizing anti-nuke anthem ``Perfect Sense" and the new ``Leaving Beirut."

The latter was accompanied by stunning comic-book style, black - and - white stills recounting a night Waters spent as a teen with a generous Arab family who took him in when he was stranded in Lebanon. He linked their generosity to his outrage at the way both the British and US governments have handled the conflict in the Middle East, shooting daggers at President Bush in particular. While some sat, or took a bathroom break, others cheered vigorously at his pointed barbs. It was one reminder among many that a Waters show may be about spectacle but it is not about escapism.

The ``Dark Side" portion of the evening was by turns trippy and explosive with the funky backbone of ``Money" and Carol Kenyon 's dynamite, expressive wailing of ``The Great Gig in the Sky" highlights.

Waters, who turned 63 on Wednesday, sang along spiritedly to the parts sung by his former bandmate David Gilmour , which he ceded to more mellifluously voiced members of his band.

Although he was unquestionably the intellectual architect of the group it's worth noting that Waters employed three people to sub for Gilmour. Dave Kilminster and Snowy White supplied reverential, note - perfect renditions of the guitar great's still-movingly lyrical solos and Kilminster and keyboardist Jon Carin lent smooth vocal edges to tracks like ``Money" and ``Us and Them."

A final plea to ``Bring the Boys Back Home" gave way to ``Comfortably Numb , " which brought the evening to an elegant and forceful close.

[Edited by lotsajizz]
9th September 2006 10:48 AM
Gimme Shelter Cool, I will be seeing him on October.
9th September 2006 10:54 AM
lotsajizz drifting giant spacemen....the pig....it's a spectacle like they used to be!!

enjoy!!!
9th September 2006 11:58 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Zack wrote:
Glad you enjoyed the show, Sean. A few questions.

On his previous tour, he ABSOLUTELY used pre-recorded vocals on at least one track, the Every Stranger's Eyes. It was really blatantly obvious, and pathetic, to watch the self-proclaimed Mr. Integrity do this. He made adjustments in other songs where he couldn't hit the high note or whatever, so I don't know why he couldn't have also done that with this tune.
9th September 2006 02:04 PM
nankerphelge "btw, right wingers be warned...you will not be welcomed at his shows.....that will be VERY apparent early

although why they should at ANY rockshow is a mystery...."

I have heard this sentiment from a number of people at a number of boards over the years, and it still absolutely amazes me.
Are you libs are so arrogant, you actually think you have a lock on rock and roll?

Or do you just believe your own BS that so-called "right wingers" are all like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell?

Given the corporate-sponsored, wealth-generating system that is rock and roll today, I'd think you lefties would have none of it!

9th September 2006 02:14 PM
lotsajizz I ain't no leftie.....Franco for example was a great leader....and Allende got what he deserved....

9th September 2006 02:41 PM
nankerphelge Whatever.

I am just amazed at your comment/observation.

If were to explain to a leftie (not you) that I wanted to take them to a giant rally that was sponsored by Sprint, or AmeriTrade or Jovan, and that for $500 we could sit up front, and that the people we were going to see were worth several hundreds of millions of dollars -- do you think they'd really want to go and hear what they had to say??
9th September 2006 02:49 PM
lotsajizz capitalism is not the realm of the right any longer

9th September 2006 02:52 PM
Bloozehound are you 16 yrs old?

why the hell are you going to a pink floyd concert anyways

9th September 2006 02:53 PM
lotsajizz have another rohypnol and Jack back

9th September 2006 03:13 PM
nankerphelge "capitalism is not the realm of the right any longer"

And rock & roll is not the realm of the left either!
9th September 2006 03:16 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
"capitalism is not the realm of the right any longer"

And rock & roll is not the realm of the left either!

Two more months until we get subpoena power my brother .

Two More MONTHS !!!!!

Joey " Spiro " Agnew
9th September 2006 03:19 PM
Dan The vocals on the Lisbon TV broadcast were awful.

He is doing 3 shows at the Hollywood Bowl and tickets are quite abundant so I might go if I can score a cheap one outside or on Ebay. Is he doing the surround sound thing? If so I might not be too bothered about sitting in the back.
9th September 2006 03:53 PM
nankerphelge "subpoena power"

Good luck with that.

Think they'll get to the bottom of that Valerie Plame thingy??
9th September 2006 04:06 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Dan wrote:
The vocals on the Lisbon TV broadcast were awful.

He is doing 3 shows at the Hollywood Bowl and tickets are quite abundant so I might go if I can score a cheap one outside or on Ebay. Is he doing the surround sound thing? If so I might not be too bothered about sitting in the back.

Yes, spectacular surround sound....concert was only about 90% full last night so I am sure tiks will abound....and yes, his voice is prety shot....lots of vocals by the other singers, I did not detect backing tracks but they may have been there in a muted way...

I remember that it was right wingers who attacked nascent rock and tried to strangle it at the start....

subpoena power...hmmmm...gee, maybe we should get a special prosecutor with no limits too?

OK now

Cazart!!!!!!!!!

9th September 2006 04:15 PM
telecaster I strongly feel that with Roger Waters blabbering left wing BS at a concert of unwashed-stoned out left over hippies it will surely rocket liberals into the White House, control of Congress and Senate, majority of governorships and statehouses

All of which they currently do not control

Thanks for the heads up Jizzy-I will be sure to miss that one
9th September 2006 04:24 PM
lotsajizz like you miss everything else? go throw another Toby Keith CD in your pickup's deck

9th September 2006 04:57 PM
Lethargy
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
like you miss everything else? go throw another Toby Keith CD in your pickup's deck

Lovely. When you spew absurd, and worn-out, generalizations and judgements, you only remove what little is left if your credibility. I thought lefties were supposed to be tolerant, understanding, etc. Uh huh.
9th September 2006 04:58 PM
Bloozehound Back when I was in high school and had a head full of dope I thought Pink Floyd was pretty cool

A few years after I'd graduated I still had a head full of dope and still thought Pink Floyd was pretty cool......for high school kids
9th September 2006 05:55 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Lovely. When you spew absurd, and worn-out, generalizations and judgements, you only remove what little is left if your credibility. I thought lefties were supposed to be tolerant, understanding, etc. Uh huh.

Generalizations? LikeTelecaster's ignorant "...a concert of unwashed-stoned out left over hippies "?

Generalizations? Like that? Such fascists have had their hypocrisy too long unanswered. Shit is given, shit will be returned.

Generalizations? "lefty"? I ain't no lefty, son...just someone who sees through BS like you just tried to pull. You criticize the one who returns the thrown stone but not the initial stone thrower. Rather typical of your ilk....
9th September 2006 06:17 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Generalizations? "lefty"? I ain't no lefty, son...just someone who sees through BS like you just tried to pull. You criticize the one who returns the thrown stone but not the initial stone thrower. Rather typical of your ilk....

quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
btw, right wingers be warned...you will not be welcomed at his shows.....that will be VERY apparent early

the pig has some messages....

[Edited by lotsajizz]

That came from your initial post

That isn't considered "casting a stone" ?

You didn't think it was going to instigate anyone, or do you just think that you're so high and mighty that no one here has the right to question your motives?

Congrats dude! You truely are a great "lefty", masters at talking out of both sides of their asses, but with heads too far buried up in it to realize that

[Edited by Bloozehound]
9th September 2006 06:48 PM
lotsajizz Sorry if you wish to kill the messenger. I repeat, the unAmerican rightists out there would be put off by Roger Waters in concert. If you can't deal with that....boo, freakin' hoo
9th September 2006 06:55 PM
nankerphelge unAmerican rightists?

You are a real asshole jizz
9th September 2006 07:02 PM
lotsajizz and I blow kisses at you too...
9th September 2006 07:10 PM
Bloozehound oh just the messenger

sure sure(wink, wink)

The real question isn't what roger waters thinks, I can assure you that no one gives a flying fuckin shit, the real question is, why are you hanging out at pink floyd concerts in the first place ?

aren't they just for unwashed-stoned out left over stinky hippies ...

[Edited by Bloozehound]
9th September 2006 07:19 PM
mojoman
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Whatever.

I am just amazed at your comment/observation.

If were to explain to a leftie (not you) that I wanted to take them to a giant rally that was sponsored by Sprint, or AmeriTrade or Jovan, and that for $500 we could sit up front, and that the people we were going to see were worth several hundreds of millions of dollars -- do you think they'd really want to go and hear what they had to say??

sounds like contemporary politics. meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)