ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA Spetember 5, 2002
By Brian Rasic with thanks to moy!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: If Mick Taylor comes back...... Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-10-02 07:33 AM
Maxlugar ...I think we're gonna need a bigger stage.

Maxy Skittles!
09-10-02 07:34 AM
marko yep mate,who needs a fat bastard?heh.
09-10-02 08:22 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww......

No knocking Mick Taylor for being fat!

We can knock him for lots of other things!

Like the fact that with Ronnie sober he'll never get his job back!

Isn't it interesting how Keith and Micky T. had opposite reactions to smack? Keith became this kind of sunken skeleton by the time he was forty, while Taylor became... well... you see the header...

There's only think we can't knock Mick Taylor about...

We can't knock him over!

-tSYX --- Standing so low in the sun...
09-10-02 08:23 AM
nankerphelge Holy shit huh? Guy's had a few snack attacks since I last saw him. He's gonna have his own zip-code soon. We he dances, the whole band skips. More chins than a Chinese phonebook.

- nanky Youngman
09-10-02 08:26 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Y'know who he looks a bit like now?

Eric Idle. And I mean from nowadays - both of them have put on a little weight.

-tSYX --- The universe (and Taylor) keeps on expanding and expanding...
09-10-02 08:28 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy And - Holy shit!

He's wearing the *exact same* trenchcoat I own!

Except his doesn't go past his bum!

Mine goes down to my knees!

-tSYX --- 's what you use for crossing the desert...
09-10-02 08:30 AM
fmk438j He may have doubled in size since he was a stone, but that stance/pose is exactly the same as in '72.
09-10-02 08:34 AM
Nellcote Is that Jenny Craig's autograph on the guitar?
09-10-02 08:35 AM
Riffhard My god he looks just like recent pictures of Jerry Lewis!He's really got that bloated has-been look down.I'm sure his playing is still sharp but,I mean c'mon Mick,get on a stairmaster for god's sake.No more buckets of KFC for "Little"Mick!

Riffhard
09-10-02 09:14 AM
sandrew All I can say is, wow. That's recent pudge too; he didn't look that bad a year ago. To let himself go like that - it's really a shame.
09-10-02 09:27 AM
jaggedstone bunch of shallow assed people...jeeeze who fucking cares if hes fat?? he still jams and that is what is important....
09-10-02 09:40 AM
nankerphelge Not if he eats his guitar...
09-10-02 09:58 AM
Joey You all make young Skittles very very sad .

Skittles
09-10-02 09:59 AM
Riffhard
quote:
jaggedstone wrote:
bunch of shallow assed people...jeeeze who fucking cares if hes fat?? he still jams and that is what is important....

Hey Newbie,
It's not like we are shallow.It's that Taylor blew up to the size of a certain yellow blimp.He looks so different than he used to and it's a bit hard to comprehend.Hell,I don't give a damn how big he gets.Just as long as the guitar plays.In chin contest I could probably go chin for chin with him,but I'm not the former big afroed skinny assed "Little" Mick!

Riffhard
09-10-02 10:11 AM
jb You would eat too if you quit the greatest band in the world, receive no royalties for many songs your c0-wrote, and missed the most lucrative touring years in rock history...just remember, Ronnie, on a good day, could'nt hold the great Mick Taylor's jock strap...just listen to "Brussels" and cry that MT is no longer with the band!
09-10-02 10:18 AM
Moonisup well mick T playes good guitar, but he never was a Rolling stones like Ronnie is!!!!!!

Rik
09-10-02 10:26 AM
jb Hello Ric a/k/a Moonisup:
While Ronnie was and is a great addition to the Stones, and certainly has the look of a "rolling stone", Mick Taylor , a superior musician to both Keith and Ron, brought out the greatness of Jagger/Richard that has not been heard since his departure. Keith never played better, Mick never sang better, and their music was quite simply the best rock -n-roll ever played. Mick Taylor's contribution's to the Stones must never be forgotten!!!
09-10-02 10:45 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Oh, sure, we must never *forget* that Mick Taylor was a great addition to the band...

But Keith's played better, and Mick's sang better with Ronnie, in '76, '81, and '02. Granted, it took Ronnie 25 years to get back to '76, but he's back, baby!

We don't need no steeeenking Taylor!

And yeah, the reason Mick's blub is so interesting is because we all know him as the shy little kid who's hair covered his entire face and made everyone ask "Who's Keiths' wife over there?" Now he's still tall, but damn me has he lost everything else!

-tSYX --- Pretty beat up...
09-10-02 10:51 AM
Moonisup Mick T is one of the best players in the world, and he lives in Holland between tours! I agree he blew keith and ron away, but, his playing didn't matched keith's, with Keith and mick is was Lead-rythm and with ron it is as with brian the weaving!!

Rik
09-10-02 10:53 AM
Joey " You would eat too if you quit the greatest band in the world, receive no royalties for many songs your c0-wrote, and missed the most lucrative touring years in rock history...just remember, Ronnie, on a good day, could'nt hold the great Mick Taylor's jock strap...just listen to "Brussels" and cry that MT is no longer with the band! "

Josh .........
< ------ My little friend here and myself would like to clutch you to our bosom , hold you tight , stroke your forehead and just say , " Thanks Josh " , for being so damn smart .

Isn't it sad that Taylor got no credit for co-writing Moonlight Mile , Angie , Sway , Waiting on a Friend or even the glorious Winter ??????

" Don't let go the coat Ronnie "

Skittles

09-10-02 10:54 AM
jb I would like to visit Holland , but since 9/11 I have become a paronoid loser afraid to fly...I have let the terrorists win...
09-10-02 11:00 AM
Scottfree Why isn't Mick still in England? He would rich with all those pounds. (Afterall that is their monetary system)
09-10-02 01:25 PM
doo doo doo Dude I just hope Ronnie can stay sober long enough to make it to L.A. in late October.
09-10-02 01:38 PM
jb Don't count on it...falling off the wagon is a virtual certainty!
09-10-02 01:55 PM
Moonisup If he is making it it would be a huge accomplishment!! Keith said he would stay sober too!! but I don't think he can to that!! He plays better on booze!! remember 1981 and 1978!! and 1997-99!! I think the man has 2 livers. Here in Holland we had a guy who was real famous and was on coke and booze and not even as much as keith, but his liver failed, at age 51. Does keith live on borrowed time??

Rik
09-10-02 01:58 PM
jb I don't think Keith drinks or smokes anymore...
09-10-02 02:00 PM
Moonisup hhaah you believe that yourself?? I saw him smoking!!
09-10-02 02:02 PM
nankerphelge He doesn't drink or smoke any less either...
09-10-02 02:05 PM
jb He holds it in his mouth but no inhaling...just like our former great president.
09-10-02 02:16 PM
Moonisup are you sure about that?? how do you know that???

regards, your all the way over the oceanfriend, Rik
Page: 1 2