ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan is #1 Return to archive Page: 1 2
6th September 2006 04:41 PM
Saint Sway I know so because I read it in 3 other threads
6th September 2006 04:42 PM
GimmeExile Well, it's only going to last for one week...so let's revel in this moment!
6th September 2006 05:13 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Well, it's only going to last for one week...so let's revel in this moment!

agreed.

we have room for at least 2 or 3 more Dylan #1 threads
6th September 2006 05:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

agreed.

His live show these days reminds me more of #2
6th September 2006 05:16 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you dont know shit about good live bands. Dylans lineup is top notch.

when was the last time you saw a real band with talented musicians playing live?????

go back to seeing your phony arena bands like the "karaoke Stones" and U2 with their piped in backing tracks.
[Edited by Saint Sway]
6th September 2006 05:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

His lineup is top notch, but his voice has no use to a live crowd when mixed with his cheap sound system. His live show is VERY scripted (worse than the Stones) where he even uses the same dialog between songs and he hides himself behind his band on keyboards. he is not appealing to the average music fans, only die hard Dylan Fans (This is happening with the Stones as well I fear!)
6th September 2006 05:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

His live show is VERY scripted (worse than the Stones) where he even uses the same dialog between songs and he hides himself behind his band on keyboards.

this is how I know you are full of shit and have never been to a Dylan show
6th September 2006 05:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

when was the last time you saw a real band with talented musicians playing live?????

go back to seeing your phony arena bands like the "karaoke Stones" and U2 with their piped in backing tracks.
[Edited by Saint Sway]

I thought WIllie Nelson's band was very tight. Petty's band was very good. Pearl Jam's musicians are very talented as well. I thought the Crowes show had moments of very tight playing, but also moments of sloppy play (also see stones 1997-present).

Carl Weathersby also has a fantastic Blues band playing behind him as well.
6th September 2006 05:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

this is how I know you are full of shit and have never been to a Dylan show

Summer of 2005 Schaumburg, IL Alexian Bros Field.
6th September 2006 05:32 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I thought WIllie Nelson's band was very tight. Petty's band was very good. Pearl Jam's musicians are very talented as well. I thought the Crowes show had moments of very tight playing, but also moments of sloppy play (also see stones 1997-present).

Carl Weathersby also has a fantastic Blues band playing behind him as well.

Petty???? Tom Petty is pop cheese. He's Macca Lite. Just another arena band playing the same radio friendly renditions for the arena masses every night.

never mind. You dont get it.
6th September 2006 05:45 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

His lineup is top notch, but his voice has no use to a live crowd when mixed with his cheap sound system. His live show is VERY scripted (worse than the Stones) where he even uses the same dialog between songs and he hides himself behind his band on keyboards. he is not appealing to the average music fans, only die hard Dylan Fans (This is happening with the Stones as well I fear!)

Pug, you really are wrong on this one. Dylan has an increasing fan base. Every tour I see younger and younger people. Teenagers and early twentysomethings...it's truly remarkable. There is nothing scripted about a Dylan show, except the introduction (but at least that is spoken live)

Also, what dialogue between songs?
6th September 2006 05:50 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

"Thank you"???
6th September 2006 05:53 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Petty???? Tom Petty is pop cheese. He's Macca Lite. Just another arena band playing the same radio friendly renditions for the arena masses every night.

never mind. You dont get it.

you forget that the Crowes opened that show and was the reason I attended.
6th September 2006 05:55 PM
voodoopug
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

Pug, you really are wrong on this one. Dylan has an increasing fan base. Every tour I see younger and younger people. Teenagers and early twentysomethings...it's truly remarkable. There is nothing scripted about a Dylan show, except the introduction (but at least that is spoken live)

I respect your opinion and am glad to see someone disagreeing with me and explaining their side. I understand Dylan has a large fan base and is of significant musical importance, I just did not walk out of his show with the same feeling i get from a Stones, Crowes, Pearl Jam, etc shows. It has more to do with my personal preference than mass appeal.
6th September 2006 06:01 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you forget that the Crowes opened that show and was the reason I attended.

sure like you ever went to see the Crowes when they headlined at a theatre or club in Chicago - or ANY other club band for that matter

you would of walked out b4 Petty went on if you were there to see the Crowes. Very few TBC were able to stomach that guy.

You're just another greatest hits arena frat guy. Your opinion holds no water with me.
6th September 2006 06:03 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

sure like you ever went to see the Crowes when they headlined at a theatre or club in Chicago - or ANY other club band for that matter

you would of walked out b4 Petty went on if you were there to see the Crowes. Very few TBC were able to stomach that guy.

You're just another greatest hits arena frat guy. Your opinion holds no water with me.

I have not seen the Crowes in a club, but would consider it. And when it comes to Petty, yes, I am purely a greatest hits arena fan.

For my $75 dollar ticket, both bands provided me with an evening of enjoyable entertainment.
6th September 2006 06:04 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

For my $75 dollar ticket, both bands provided me with an evening of enjoyable entertainment.

God bless you Pug. Clear Channel's shed's would not survive without folks like you.
6th September 2006 06:05 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

His lineup is top notch, but his voice has no use to a live crowd when mixed with his cheap sound system. His live show is VERY scripted (worse than the Stones) where he even uses the same dialog between songs and he hides himself behind his band on keyboards.

I love ya Pug, but in this instance you clearly have idea about your topic.

6th September 2006 06:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

I love ya Pug, but in this instance you clearly have idea about your topic.

again, personal preference, your opinion is very valued by me!
6th September 2006 06:37 PM
GotToRollMe You guys are gonna give JB a stroke with all these Dylan threads.
6th September 2006 07:16 PM
mojoman
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Well, it's only going to last for one week...so let's revel in this moment!

dylan #1? jb? don't believe the hype?
6th September 2006 07:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

His lineup is top notch, but his voice has no use to a live crowd when mixed with his cheap sound system.

I dont think a Stones fan is in any position to sneer at the value for money of a sound system of any other act, quite honestly
6th September 2006 07:53 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

again, personal preference, your opinion is very valued by me!

Thank you, sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

6th September 2006 08:00 PM
gimmekeef Is this done then?..geeeeeshhhh
6th September 2006 09:30 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

agreed.

Yep...so much we haven't even touched on.

Sway, use your imagination.....we can keep these threads alive......
6th September 2006 09:33 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I get really #1ed off when I read this sort of thing.
6th September 2006 10:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I dont think a Stones fan is in any position to sneer at the value for money of a sound system of any other act, quite honestly

The sound system was pretty good at most of the shows I seen in the fall/winter.....the main problems were some of the sounds being put through the sound system by the guitarists on occassion.

I accept your level of appreciation for Bob Dylan Gazza, and do respect you for it. It just is not my cup of tea. I didnt like his live boots of recent times that I heard, and I figured I owed it to his legacy to see the man in person. I did and was not impressed.
6th September 2006 10:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

I get really #1ed off when I read this sort of thing.

Last summer in Schaumburg, IL (western suburb of Chicago) SEVERAL people were trying to sell general admission tickets (there were no assigned seats or sections) for ten bucks and very few were sold, most given away.
6th September 2006 11:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot Anyone see the Stones hip new iPod commercial?

No?

Me either. I don't think they were offered one...

But I just saw Bob Dylan's. I should be mortified. But I'm not. I even like it. I don't know why, so don't ask.
7th September 2006 12:04 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Anyone see the Stones hip new iPod commercial?

No?

Me either. I don't think they were offered one...

But I just saw Bob Dylan's. I should be mortified. But I'm not. I even like it. I don't know why, so don't ask.

I also, unfortunately recall the U2 Ipod commercial as well.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)