ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 2007 Ronnie Wood - Thanks speedfreakjive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Most Pathetic Bands/Artists. Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th August 2007 01:53 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Paul McCartney wrote:
Come now - this is just post John's murder revisionist history.

Paul, is that you?

I'm Going Down.

25th August 2007 01:54 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
My worst exprience buying records without knowing what music the play: "REO Speedwagon" and "Hall & Oates" fuck it! I only heard them one time and sold them or gave them as a gift, don't remember.

I bought the first (REO) during my first weeks living in NYC in 1981 as they were in the top charts in "Rolling Stone" magazine, real crap.

I bought the second (Hall & Oates) as Darryl Hall appeares in “Expsoure”, a Robert Fripp Album and in that album Fripp talks about the MOR Trilogy that includes two GREAT albums ("Exposure" by Robert Fripp, Peter Gabriel's second album and Daryl Hall's "Sacred Songs") so I tried to get Hall’s and went to the record store, since I couldn't get "Sacred Song" I bought a record by "Hall & Oates" and believe me I didn't finish it, stopped when I was playing side one!!

So please add to that list these couple of "artists"

LOL, I actually met REO Speedwagon. One of my friend's dad is a heart surgeon and operated on Bruce's (bassist) dad. we got to see the concert from backstage and got a tour of their bus. They're really a great buncha guys and their show wasn't bad either. They played some really good rock n' roll before they turned into a pop act.
25th August 2007 02:06 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
They played some really good rock n' roll before they turned into a pop act.

Ah, maybe.

You know they're from where I've been growing up for 30 years and counting (yes this is a great city not to grow up in), Champaign, IL. The whole city just about shuts down when they play here. There's even a street named after them.

http://www.culocalbiz.com/NightLife/

But for the most part, they do suck.
27th August 2007 11:14 AM
Lethargy --U2-- (the Kings of Suck)

w/runners up

--REM--

honorable mentions:

Queen
Journey
Meatloaf
27th August 2007 11:21 AM
Play With Fire

Styx

27th August 2007 11:29 AM
Joey

Bon Jovi

** PHEW !! **
27th August 2007 11:32 AM
Barney Fife
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
What's wrong with the Electric Light Orchestra?

So, you're saying you actually like synthesizer solos?

===================

More:

Dave Matthews
Phil Collins
Foreigner
Boston
Styx
Kansas
Michael Jackson
Backstreet Boy
Steven Curtis Chapman
Nsync
Ashlee Simpson
Christina Aguilera
Eminem
Puff Daddy
50 Cent
Justin Timberlake
Nirvana
Lay Dwon Sally-era Clapton

27th August 2007 11:35 AM
gimmekeef I've you have ever heard Mr Robotto by Styx...this poll is now closed......
27th August 2007 11:37 AM
Barney Fife Why would anybody want to learn the name of any of Styx's songs?
28th August 2007 01:30 AM
Brainbell Jangler What? Have you all forgotten Hootie & the Blowfish? A band that actually has "blow" in their name!
[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
28th August 2007 01:52 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Barney Fife wrote:

So, you're saying you actually like synthesizer solos?

===================

More:

Dave Matthews
Phil Collins
Foreigner
Boston
Styx
Kansas
Michael Jackson
Backstreet Boy
Steven Curtis Chapman
Nsync
Ashlee Simpson
Christina Aguilera
Eminem
Puff Daddy
50 Cent
Justin Timberlake
Nirvana
Lay Dwon Sally-era Clapton

How does Nirvana get named on that otherwise great list of miserable music?
28th August 2007 05:07 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
--U2-- (the Kings of Suck)

I agree.

But I like some of the most morose stuff from R.E.M.. Fuck the radio. They're filled with egos.

In my fucked up opinion.
28th August 2007 05:17 AM
F505 P. Collins, Queen, E. John, Kiss, Rod Stewart, ACDC to name a few.
28th August 2007 05:23 AM
MrPleasant This is (probably) the worst thread ever. It stinks and it's for gay republicans who have sex with George W. Bush and Phil Collins, up their horrible ass (look at them; don't they have horrid asses?).

Fucking lame, and I should know, because AT LEAST I KNOW THAT I'M LAME. I don't carry a guitar: only insecure "bohemian" assholes do. And I don't belong to any lame fucking "Party", only clowns do.

And I watched The Departed again: worst "Best Picture Oscar" ever. Fuck you, Scorsese; fuck you and your ego!!! (Am I reaching to the other end of the mirror?)
28th August 2007 05:38 AM
F505 100 % correct.
28th August 2007 05:41 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
1-Freddy & the Dreamers.
2-David Cassidy.
3-Osmonds.
4-Electric Light Orchestra.
5-Tiny Tim.
6-Gary Glitter.
7-Elvin Stardust.
8-KISS.
9-1910 Fruitgum Company.
10-Ohio Express.

AND, just "for the record" (I hate that form of speech):

ELO: Better than the Beach Boys' Smile
Osmonds: They were product, a couple of steps down from The Monkees; less talented, blah, blah, blah
KISS: I love them. So fuck you.
(That late Kiss messaGe was "a drede": it was ironic, like George W. Bush. Why is he still alive?)

[Edited by MrPleasant]
28th August 2007 05:45 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
F505 wrote:
100 % correct.

Well, thanks. (Was that adressed to me?; anyhow, Aftermath is in my top 50000 albums ever.) (As if my personal taste would haVB any impact into anything.)
[Edited by MrPleasant]
28th August 2007 09:20 AM
EELPIE
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
If anything, Macca is under-appreciated, but he doesn't need mindless sucking. Not from me, at least.

28th August 2007 11:37 AM
Ten Thousand Motels James Taylor
Any suck list has to include the name of Pat Boone, the suckiest suckster ever.
28th August 2007 02:30 PM
texile
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I've you have ever heard Mr Robotto by Styx...this poll is now closed......

true -
and that whole ilk: journey, boston...
but lists like this are strictly subjective,
i happen to love kiss...
and what's wrong with pop?
lame to me is pretentious (most 'indi/underground' music)and/or just vapid (five for fighting - god, this sucks)
i do have a weakness for 70s a.m. pop, so i don't what that makes me, but i don't care.
28th August 2007 02:49 PM
mojoman
quote:
texile wrote:

true -
and that whole ilk: journey, boston...
but lists like this are strictly subjective,
i happen to love kiss...
and what's wrong with pop?
lame to me is pretentious (most 'indi/underground' music)and/or just vapid (five for fighting - god, this sucks)
i do have a weakness for 70s a.m. pop, so i don't what that makes me, but i don't care.

seasons in the sun
28th August 2007 02:52 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
F505 wrote:
P. Collins, Queen, E. John, Kiss, Rod Stewart, ACDC to name a few.

Are you kiddin' me? Rod the Mod? Sure, his late 70s stuff sucked, and who needs his interpretation of the standards, but he had a great run in the early 70s (Gasoline Alley, Every Picture Tells a Story, Never a Dull Moment). Even Elton put out some great stuff back then. And AC/DC? It took me a while to get used to the screechy vocals, but those boys can rock.

Lamest "lamest group" list ever.
28th August 2007 03:06 PM
texile
quote:
mojoman wrote:

seasons in the sun

undercover angel...
28th August 2007 05:44 PM
Saint Sway most pathetic?...

heres your winner!

end of discussion.

close thread.
29th August 2007 10:35 AM
F505
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Are you kiddin' me? Rod the Mod? Sure, his late 70s stuff sucked, and who needs his interpretation of the standards, but he had a great run in the early 70s (Gasoline Alley, Every Picture Tells a Story, Never a Dull Moment). Even Elton put out some great stuff back then. And AC/DC? It took me a while to get used to the screechy vocals, but those boys can rock.

Lamest "lamest group" list ever.

Of course I was talking about recent Rod Stewart and Elton John records. In the early seventies they were OK. Same can be said of Ferry and Roxy Music. Their first albums were brilliant. But AC/DC was and still is crap.
29th August 2007 08:06 PM
texile
quote:
F505 wrote:

But AC/DC was and still is crap.

huh? that is the most insane statement.
30th August 2007 05:22 PM
real wild child it´s so difficult but I hate Phil Collins and Bono...a couple of losers trying to be rockstars...it´s sad sad sad...and funny too...
30th August 2007 10:44 PM
Lethargy Bono is MUCH worse due to his infinite narcissism and the actual belief that he will save the world. Phil is pretty much just a regular dude w/shitty solo albums (I like Genesis but that's a different story).

quote:
real wild child wrote:
it´s so difficult but I hate Phil Collins and Bono...a couple of losers trying to be rockstars...it´s sad sad sad...and funny too...

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)