ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Relaxing at home, Richmond August 1976
© 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: cast your prediction - yes or no on MT tonight Return to archive Page: 1 2
08-27-03 10:17 AM
T&A Rumors are strong that MT will make an appearance tonight with the boys at Astoria. Stonesdoug says the rumor is as confirmed as a rumor can get. What do you think? A simple yes or no will suffice. I'm going on record as saying no - I don't think it will happen, but will be happy to be proven wrong.
[Edited by T&A]
[Edited by T&A]
08-27-03 10:19 AM
Boomy NO

Would be great if he did, but I don't see it.
08-27-03 10:20 AM
Jumacfly No...what do the bookmakers think about it??
08-27-03 10:27 AM
steel driving hammer Don't know if the Stones would approve or if Taylor even wants to.

His appearance would be great but it's almost a definite no.

Wyman at Wembley either, no.

Like Bruce Hornsby said, That's Just The Way It Is...
08-27-03 10:31 AM
Factory Girl Would love to see it, but no. There's a better chance of having another teenie with them.
08-27-03 10:32 AM
LadyJane My gut says NO, but if Stonesdoug says it's true....Never doubt the MASTER!!

LadyJ.
08-27-03 10:32 AM
Nellcote No.
It's over for Mick T and the Stones.
No son of Brian Jones will perform either.
Besides, Chuck has never worked with him, who is the Paul Schaffer of the Stones.
You got a better chance of seeing either Slowhand or Pete Townsend than anyone else, right Joey?
08-27-03 10:41 AM
Jumping Jack He will play tonight, help on the new record, join the tour next year.

It is never too early to start drinking!
08-27-03 10:42 AM
sandrew I'm going with Gazza on this one. The scheduling of an MT London gig is more than a coincidence. And I never doubt Stonesdoug, either.
08-27-03 10:48 AM
jb Yes.....my sources have also confirmed this.
[Edited by jb]
08-27-03 10:52 AM
nankerphelge I predict he will make an appearance. He will play on Can't Your Hear Me Knocking. Afterwards, Keith will tell Mick that "Ronnie plays it better" -- Taylor will take a swing at Keith, who will dodge the shot and counter with one that sends Taylor sprawling across the stage. In a complete rage, Taylor will get up and grab Ronnie around the neck screaming "gimme me spot back you fucking hack." Stones security will drag Taylor off and the entire event will be the opening scene of the new DVD!!

08-27-03 10:53 AM
caro In the october issue of Guitar World, they asked Keith about both playing with Bill and Mick T, and he said : "Well, who knows? Those things kind of happen along the way. We're certainly not ruling it out. Everybody's really up for it."

Now, he doesn't say it clearly, but he doesn't either avoid the question, which is what I would've expected him to do (the other possible answer would have been something like "once you've stepped out of the Stones, you don't get back in")

Besides, maybe they kept the water-bottle-episode in mind...?
08-27-03 10:58 AM
sandrew If the Stones are at all in touch with their core fan base, MT will join them tonight. We all know Taylor's up for it; he has said as much many times.
08-27-03 11:05 AM
dealer squealing NOT
08-27-03 11:12 AM
sandrew Hey, I'm all about low expectations and hate to be disappointed, but I got a feeling the naysayers are gonna be proven wrong tonight.

We'll know soon enough, but I hear MT knocking and it sounds so much more pleasing than the hackdom of Ronnie "Cement Hands" Wood.

If it doesn't happen, I'll just throw on "Brussels" tonight and listen to that sweet Les Paul sustain on YCAGWYW.
08-27-03 11:33 AM
T&A Nanker:

That's hysterical! LOL!

Apparently, MT himself has been quoted as saying he's playing with them tonight - but I still won't believe it until/unless it happens. Also - the bet is it will be a cameo on a blues tune - Rock Me Baby - if it happens at all. Not something elaborate like Sway or CYHMK which would require rehearsal time for all....
08-27-03 11:37 AM
Zeeta Yeah he'll play but as T+A says they won't meet before and rehearse!! Good luck to all that is going! It will just be like the Enmore situation with AC/DC.
a pity cos if they practiced before it would be great as we'd get a decent tune not just the old blues stuff - which is good but Sway CYHMK would be better!
08-27-03 11:54 AM
telecaster Yes he will play. Book it
08-27-03 12:50 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
sandrew wrote:
Hey, I'm all about low expectations and hate to be disappointed, but I got a feeling the naysayers are gonna be proven wrong tonight.

We'll know soon enough, but I hear MT knocking and it sounds so much more pleasing than the hackdom of Ronnie "Cement Hands" Wood.

If it doesn't happen, I'll just throw on "Brussels" tonight and listen to that sweet Les Paul sustain on YCAGWYW.

Post of the day! I couldn't have said it better myself. I say YES, and with Won'ty playing like he has recently, who knows? I STILL say put Woody on bass, and get Taylor in there!!
08-27-03 04:50 PM
hotlicks yes.
08-27-03 05:11 PM
stewed & Keefed YES
08-27-03 05:16 PM
Joey " You got a better chance of seeing either Slowhand or Pete Townsend than anyone else, right Joey? "

You bet your Sweet Ass Nelle !

Nanky , when you write like that I get more and more MOIST !

JERSEE !

08-27-03 05:17 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I predict he will make an appearance. He will play on Can't Your Hear Me Knocking. Afterwards, Keith will tell Mick that "Ronnie plays it better" -- Taylor will take a swing at Keith, who will dodge the shot and counter with one that sends Taylor sprawling across the stage. In a complete rage, Taylor will get up and grab Ronnie around the neck screaming "gimme me spot back you fucking hack." Stones security will drag Taylor off and the entire event will be the opening scene of the new DVD!!

I don't think there could be anything better than this.

Ever.

-tSYX --- Gimme my spot back, you fucking hack!
08-27-03 05:26 PM
sammy davis jr. YES- He will play.....probably Sway, maybe CYHMK, possibly Love In Vain- sit back and enjoy. It will also be on the DVD
08-27-03 05:26 PM
hayo Yes, and he will also play in Dublin (only the firts night though)
08-27-03 06:46 PM
T&A Well - those (like me) who said it wouldn't happen were right, unfortunately. MT didn't play.
08-27-03 06:52 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
T&A wrote:
Well - those (like me) who said it wouldn't happen were right, unfortunately. MT didn't play.

Fucked again..
08-27-03 07:24 PM
Angiegirl YES! He will play tonight. At the 100 club....
(ok, only valid if you live in our time zone, lol)
08-27-03 07:44 PM
Sir Stonesalot >the Paul Schaffer of the Stones.<

If you are gonna steal my stuff Nelly, get it right...I said that Chuck Leavell is Paul Schaeffer with hair.

Where is my hootch?
08-27-03 08:36 PM
telecaster
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Yes he will play. Book it

I was wrong. I also thought that I could break up
gypsy and joey but I was wrong then also

Page: 1 2