ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Millennium Stadium, Cardiff 29th August
© Paulywaul, thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pussies? Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th August 2006 03:06 PM
MrPleasant Thursday, August 24, 2006
Ron Wood: The Rolling Stones' hard partying days are in the past

Rolling Stones guitarist Ron Wood says that rock's long time bad boys have pretty much left their hard partying ways in the past. Wood told All Headline News news that the group, who are currently on the road in Europe are the cleanest they've ever been, explaining that, "Mostly, we're all very well behaved these days. Keith (Richard) still has a few (drinks), but even he has been watching himself recently. Charlie (Watts) doesn't touch anything now, and Mick (Jagger) will only have a glass of wine on a night off."

Wood, who has been in and out of rehab for alcoholism several times over the past few years, most recently this past spring, admits that he feels better playing sober: "The show we played in Paris, I was straight as a die. It did feel weird not to be hiding behind alcohol or dope, but being focused was good."

Wood, who along with ex-Faces bandmates Rod Stewart and the late Ronnie Lane were among the '70s hardiest drinkers, said he just can't keep it up anymore: "I just think my body can't handle it anymore. I did try a little drink a while back, and I was actually physically ill. I went into an immediate depression, and felt awful, just dreadful. I'm over it now. I am."

The Rolling Stones will next perform on Friday (August 25th) in Glasgow, Scotland. They'll kick off their upcoming U.S. leg on September 20th in Foxboro, Massachusetts at Gillette Stadium.

http://www.therockradio.com/2006/08/ron-wood-rolling-stones-hard-partying.html
24th August 2006 03:09 PM
jb Yes...and Ronnie is the one always fucking up.
24th August 2006 03:15 PM
Some Guy dudes are old.
24th August 2006 03:24 PM
Dan I was hoping this would be an appreciation thread.
24th August 2006 03:27 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Dan wrote:
I was hoping this would be an appreciation thread.

Feel free to hijack it and turn it into one.
24th August 2006 03:29 PM
Dan
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Not from work.

24th August 2006 03:29 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

http://beerfestmovie.warnerbros.com/
24th August 2006 03:36 PM
glencar Ronnie apparently is now ingesting laughing gas as a way to have fun.
24th August 2006 03:38 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Dan wrote:

Not from work.

Yes, work puts a crimp in everyone's posting abilities.
24th August 2006 04:02 PM
Joey " Ronnie apparently is now ingesting laughing gas as a way to have fun."

24th August 2006 04:04 PM
glencar Please, no more Paul Lyndes again!
24th August 2006 04:08 PM
Joey " Please, no more Paul Lyndes again!"

24th August 2006 04:08 PM
glencar He was FUNNY on Hollywood Squares. Was he gay?
24th August 2006 04:09 PM
Joey " Was he gay?"

24th August 2006 04:09 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
He was FUNNY on Hollywood Squares. Was he gay?

Is Witchita wide open?
24th August 2006 04:10 PM
Joey " Is Witchita wide open? "

24th August 2006 04:11 PM
glencar Joey, did you book for Chicago yet?
24th August 2006 04:18 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Is Witchita wide open? "

LOL! I just spit my coffee out!

damn you Joey!!!
24th August 2006 04:18 PM
RollingstonesUSA
24th August 2006 04:32 PM
Joey " Joey, did you book for Chicago yet?"

24th August 2006 04:34 PM
glencar I'll take that as a yes...
24th August 2006 05:15 PM
nappyrags
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Was he gay?"

he was also funny as hell
28th August 2006 06:24 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Was he gay?"

As a football bat, and one of the funniest dudes on the boob tube.
28th August 2006 06:48 PM
MrPleasant Music News

Rolling Stones left exhausted by world tour
Aug 28, 2006, 12:54 GMT

The Rolling Stones have been left exhausted by their world tour.

The veteran rockers have been plagued by accidents and illnesses since their 'A Bigger Bang' tour kicked off last August.

Drummer Charlie Watts, 65, admits being on the road at such an advanced age can be extremely tiring.

He said: 'Doing this to a certain standard again and again is very tiring. It's not like we're playing Bach but it's the level of professionalism you put in.'

Charlie, who has overcome cancer, also revealed the band is finding it especially difficult to live up to frontman Mick Jagger's exceptionally high standards.

He said: 'With Mick the professionalism is very high. The more successful you are, the more he is on you. We're not allowed to look back, have colds or be grumpy.'

Copyright 2006 BANG Media International

http://music.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1195371.php/Rolling_Stones_left_exhausted_by_world_tour
28th August 2006 07:41 PM
killerbitch Paul Lynde was gay. He died at the age of 42 from an apparent heart attack.
And he was also a recovering alcoholic. He was a genious comic and greatly
missed.
29th August 2006 02:02 AM
Zulu Fun Mix
quote:
glencar wrote:

He was FUNNY on Hollywood Squares. Was he gay?

Does a bear shit in the woods?

29th August 2006 02:05 AM
pdog
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:

Does a bear shit in the woods?

If you search the internet, I bet you can find a bear shitting in the woods fetish site!
29th August 2006 02:54 AM
stonesgirl101 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
29th August 2006 10:44 AM
Zulu Fun Mix
quote:
pdog wrote:

If you search the internet, I bet you can find a bear shitting in the woods fetish site!

Philosophical question: Why did the bear who just shat in the woods cross to the other side?

29th August 2006 12:40 PM
ExileInLA you know what? fuck ronnie and his drunk ass. i am tired of him fucking up stones shows because he feels that he has to live this life of "rock and roll". mick has been off the sauce (heavy sauce) since like 81 and he sings his ass off every show. he is really the only core member of the band that puts 110% in night in and night out. charlie follows close behind, but i find that he can occasionally get lazy behind that kit.

anyway, ron is drunk. we know that. and many of the fans accept it. not me. i don't care if keith and mick and charlie go home to get some sleep. at least they come somewhat prepared the next day (although i have a hard time believing that keith is EVER prepared these days).

maybe they just think your paintings suck ron. ever think about that? you and mccartney need to remember what you get paid to do - PLAY MUSIC. who do you think you are, fucking elvis?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)