ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© JumpingKentFlash - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Setlist Londen - DON'T look if you want to be surprised !!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st August 2007 04:06 PM
bootcover SMU
YGMR
RJ
LIB
BOB
CYHMK
IGC
TD
YGTS
WHY
IORR
Respectable
Satisfaction
HTW
SFTD
PIB
JJF
BS

So only Beast Of Burden as a surprise....
21st August 2007 04:10 PM
Dan And keeping with tradition, the show is one song shorter than the ones preceding it.
21st August 2007 04:11 PM
pdog 18 songs... damn...
21st August 2007 04:12 PM
tumblingdice01 I can't believe they are only doing 18. There has to be a mistake.
21st August 2007 04:22 PM
voodoopug so far this setlist is not what is actually being played, note they have performed Rocks Off in the fourth spot tonite.
21st August 2007 04:23 PM
bootcover If the spotter mist only that one then it would be 19 songs.
21st August 2007 04:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
bootcover wrote:
If the spotter mist only that one then it would be 19 songs.

agreed....pretty bland setlist, look at what we got in Chicago last year and compare it:

1. You Got Me Rockin
2. Live With Me
3. Monkey Man
4. Sway
5. SHE WAS HOT (debut)
6. Streets Of Love
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Tumbling Dice

Intros

9. You Got The Silver
10. Little T & A

to b-stage

11. Under My Thumb
12. Rough Justice
13. Start Me Up
14. HTW

going back to main stage

15. Sympathy for the Devil
16. JJF
17. Satisfaction

Encore

18. Brown Sugar

and that was in dreadful weather.....Looks like London is getting crapped on again. Sorry for the good fans who are at this show!
21st August 2007 04:38 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

and that was in dreadful weather.....Looks like London is getting crapped on again. Sorry for the good fans who are at this show!

how do you compare this set to the Chicago show - (a show that you whined about at great length on every Stones msg board ad nauseum, btw) - and say that London is "getting crapped on"??

looks like London got the better set list and I'm going to assume (based on your lengthy reviews) the better performance
21st August 2007 05:08 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
so far this setlist is not what is actually being played, note they have performed Rocks Off in the fourth spot tonite.

I bet they skip Paint It Black tonight
21st August 2007 05:46 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

how do you compare this set to the Chicago show - (a show that you whined about at great length on every Stones msg board ad nauseum, btw) - and say that London is "getting crapped on"??

looks like London got the better set list and I'm going to assume (based on your lengthy reviews) the better performance

agreed that the performance was not there in Chicago that night, but I stand by my stance that getting She was Hot, Monkey man, Sway, Under My Thumb, and different opener is better catering to the die hard fan. It's merely opinion. Other than CYHMK and Respectable, I see nothing special about the London first night setlist.
21st August 2007 06:29 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

agreed that the performance was not there in Chicago that night, but I stand by my stance that getting She was Hot, Monkey man, Sway, Under My Thumb, and different opener is better catering to the die hard fan. It's merely opinion. Other than CYHMK and Respectable, I see nothing special about the London first night setlist.

its subjective, really.

they are both quite similiar. Except that London got an extra song and didnt have to suffer thru SOL and the atrocious Little T&A with horns.

really a poor set for you to pull out as a comparison if your intentions were to somehow degrade the set they are getting (your words: "pretty bland set list"... and... "Looks like London is getting crapped on again. Sorry for the good fans who are at this show!")

in fact, I'm sure those that were there were not only quite thankful to see them one last time on their home turf of London, but probably walked away very psyched to of heard a set loaded with Respectable, Rocks Off, Let It Bleed, CYHMK and the rarely played Beast of Burden.

just another ridiculous post by you. Not only did you choose to put down those that went - for reasons unbeknown to anyone here - but you did so by comparing to a show that you slammed to death.

you're so hopelessly lost in trying to mimic jb's schtick that your posts just dont make sense anymore
(see: Gazza cutting you down and disecting your posts like a surgeon with a sharpened scalpel in the "Glimmer of An Arena Tour in 2008" thread http://novogate.com/board/968/238300-1.html)
21st August 2007 06:51 PM
mrhipfl Damn Sway, I sure hope I never get into an argument with you.
22nd August 2007 10:06 AM
EELPIE
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
...Looks like London is getting crapped on again. Sorry for the good fans who are at this show!

this is the most inflammatory, ignorant and innacurate
posting i have had the misfortune, to read here,
in a long while.

Shame on you, for posting such a tissue of lies and untruths.

I wish you a very happy birthday- but in the final analysis
this post of yours, above, is A-grade nauseous rubbish.
22nd August 2007 10:24 AM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

you're so hopelessly lost in trying to mimic jb's schtick that your posts just dont make sense anymore
(see: Gazza cutting you down and disecting your posts like a surgeon with a sharpened scalpel in the "Glimmer of An Arena Tour in 2008" thread http://novogate.com/board/968/238300-1.html)

I followed the link & this was indeed painful to watch. Puggy, you have lost. You should just post on shidooooobbbbbeeeee. It hurts to watch anymo'!
22nd August 2007 10:28 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I followed the link & this was indeed painful to watch. Puggy, you have lost. You should just post on shidooooobbbbbeeeee. It hurts to watch anymo'!

Sadly, you have become nothing more than Sway's puppet....what happened to the once mighty Blue? The couch calls....

22nd August 2007 10:31 AM
voodoopug
quote:
EELPIE wrote:

this is the most inflammatory, ignorant and innacurate
posting i have had the misfortune, to read here,
in a long while.

Shame on you, for posting such a tissue of lies and untruths.

I wish you a very happy birthday- but in the final analysis
this post of yours, above, is A-grade nauseous rubbish.

Thank you for the birthday wish.

As I have said, it is a subjective opinion....I refuse to accept mediocrity from the band whose music I love. This setlist does not show me anything we haven't had shoved down our throats for the last few tours (aside from Respectable and the "necessary" cover song). I am glad many enjoyed it, I am sure I would have enjoyed it had I chosen to attend, but at this stage, I expect something better.
22nd August 2007 10:32 AM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, you have become nothing more than Sway's puppet....what happened to the once mighty Blue? The couch calls....

The Couch is a place of dignity. You have lost yours so you can't post there either. I just saw it was your birthday today & I wished you a great gift & I'll now leave you alone as I have some crap to get done today. But man, that was painful...
22nd August 2007 10:37 AM
glencar Please, I kiss no one's ass & you know it. Grow up as you age. And while yer aging, go read the Slane Castle thread for my take on THAT show. Unlike you, I actually attended a show & provided an honest assessment. When you've read it, post a reply in that thread & I'll check it out when I return. But stop the idiocy that you've displayed in this thread; after all, Sway will likely be posting soon.
22nd August 2007 10:43 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Please, I kiss no one's ass & you know it. Grow up as you age. And while yer aging, go read the Slane Castle thread for my take on THAT show. Unlike you, I actually attended a show & provided an honest assessment. When you've read it, post a reply in that thread & I'll check it out when I return. But stop the idiocy that you've displayed in this thread; after all, Sway will likely be posting soon.

I used to believe that my friend, but sometimes you concern me.

I have no problems making an honest assessment of a show and even dealing with unintelligent attacks from it, go back and read my review of the Chicago Show and see true honesty. Have a productive day

Cheers
22nd August 2007 10:47 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

go back and read my review of the Chicago Show and see true honesty.

^ now thats funny!

only you would define running around like Chicken Little with his head cut off screaming that Keith had had a stroke as "true honesty"

only you Pug, only you
22nd August 2007 10:52 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

^ now thats funny!

only you would define running around like Chicken Little with his head cut off screaming that Keith had had a stroke as "true honesty"

only you Pug, only you

Sadly, this thread has turned into the attack of "Blue and Light Blue"

Surely, even you are better than that. Your obsession with me is quite disturbing...is it my immense success that threatens you, or is it my charisma, my charm....what is it little one that impresses you so. Enjoy your stay in the gutter of life while I continue to enjoy the finer things (DO NOT SEE: Tele)

Now go hop back on someones lap, it suits you best junior.
22nd August 2007 11:11 AM
Saint Sway Pug,

you certainly drop a lot of personal attacks for someone that constantly whines to the administration about "baiting" and "inappropriate posts"

I tried to have a constructive convo with you and pointed out the loopholes in your attack of the London show. To which you saw fit to reply with personal attacks and childish remarks.

I guess thats all you're capable of though.

My fault for even trying to garner an intelligent exchange out of you.
22nd August 2007 11:21 AM
glencar In one post, he says that I'm the ventroloquist's dummy & that Sway is the operator & then on the same page he alleges that Sway is the dummy. Intellectual consistency isn't his strong point. Mini-strokes?
22nd August 2007 11:25 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
In one post, he says that I'm the ventroloquist's dummy & that Sway is the operator & then on the same page he alleges that Sway is the dummy. Intellectual consistency isn't his strong point. Mini-strokes?

old age
22nd August 2007 11:28 AM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I don't like you, nor will I most likely ever. You go out of your way to "research me" at any chance you get and you expect a cordial response? You are even dumber than the image I already have of you. I pointed out before that if you could contain your obsession from even posting in my direction, I would not respond to your posts. Yet...you cannot help yourself. You are a disturbed individual and I wish you get the help you need.

Yes, it is your fault, but not for trying to garner an intelligent response but for trying to covertly cover up your constant research and incessant obsession with me. As Fiji once said, people on a message board are only one rental car and an adult diaper away from anyone else, and I do not want to open my door and see you standing there, soiled diaper and all.

I offer to you once again, control your obsession, and I'll avoid you as well. I cannot offer anything else more fair than that. So go ahead, I'll give you the last word, and then stagger off into the sunset....and we need not communicate any further.

Puggy, Sway is certainly right about at least 1 thing: he posted about your post & you went personal right away. These attacks you see are mostly in your own mind.
22nd August 2007 11:34 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
These attacks you see are mostly in your own mind.

"I see dead people"
22nd August 2007 11:36 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Puggy, Sway is certainly right about at least 1 thing: he posted about your post & you went personal right away. These attacks you see are mostly in your own mind.

This is why I suggest we don't post in each others direction. I will more than likely take anything he says personally and I am sure vice versa. I will delete my threads though, as you are correct that they don't belong here.

Cheers
22nd August 2007 11:46 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
so far this setlist is not what is actually being played, note they have performed Rocks Off in the fourth spot tonite.

They saw Gazza on the house! That's why they changed the set
22nd August 2007 11:51 AM
voodoopug
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

They saw Gazza on the house! That's why they changed the set

smart move on Chuck's part. While Corgi is the king....Gazza is up there as well!
22nd August 2007 11:51 AM
glencar
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

"I see dead people"

One of my favorite movies ever! Je taime!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)