ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Twickenham Rugby Ground, London 20th August
© Leon Neal with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Radio report: Boston tickets are starting to sell Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th August 2006 12:18 PM
Poison Dart According to a report on local radio the Stones show in Boston is starting to gain momentum.

The dj's (on a local rock station) were basically shitting on the Stones because of thier "ridiculous" prices and how they were "stealing from their fans" compared to other big name acts who don't charge $350 for a two hour show.

Anyway, they were saying how the Stones had to take the unsual step (for the Stones)of taking out advertisements in the Boston Globe (I think they said the Globe) and that they had "tons" of tickets given to them to give away on air. Which was a far cry from the Fenway show last year (that was a bitch to get a ticket for) And that people were starting to panic at the poor response the Stones stadium show was getting.

It's sad that the "greatest rock and roll band" of all-time is has become to be viewed (even by people in the rock community) as nothing put a Wall Street corporation.

But, they did say (I have no idea how they know this) that sales have picked up in the last week.

Take it for what it's worth.
19th August 2006 12:32 PM
telecaster The Stones don't take out ads Michael Cohl does

The Stones get a per gig flat rate if there is 1 person of 70,000
19th August 2006 12:36 PM
Poison Dart Whatever,

Then I guess Cohl took out the add. If the guy said Cohl took out the add 99.99% of the listening audience would scratch their head and say "who the fuck is Michael Cohl"
19th August 2006 12:49 PM
telecaster
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Whatever,

Then I guess Cohl took out the add. If the guy said Cohl took out the add 99.99% of the listening audience would scratch their head and say "who the fuck is Michael Cohl"

Not getting your case, more the media likes yesterdays Daily Telegraph and DJ's who should know better

It is the end of summer, nobody is paying attention yet
19th August 2006 01:03 PM
lotsajizz there's been ads in the Globe for their shows since at least Voodoo Lounge---I remember 3 stadium shows sold out in about four hours though for Steel Wheels
19th August 2006 01:20 PM
Poison Dart That's true, but at that point the Stones hadn't been here in 8 years.

Today it seems the Stones are playing around here every other week.
19th August 2006 01:30 PM
JuanTCB You can't compare this to 2005, though.

2005:

- first shows of a tour (not a leg, but an entire tour)
- Fenway is the most hallowed site in the city AND is was, in 2005, the home of the reigning World Series champions. Fenway fevah was peaking.
- new album to increase viability (at least a little bit)
- First appearances in Boston in 2.5 years, as opposed to 5th in a little over a year

2006:

They're back. Again. And it's just as expensive.
19th August 2006 06:54 PM
Poison Dart Yeah, your right.

These greedy bastards should have lowered the price.
20th August 2006 09:25 PM
Soldatti Satured market.
21st August 2006 12:10 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
The Stones don't take out ads Michael Cohl does

The Stones get a per gig flat rate if there is 1 person of 70,000

21st August 2006 12:26 PM
Green Tea The only $60 seats left are the nosebleed seats.
21st August 2006 12:27 PM
jb Bon Jovi "sold out" Gillette with 45, 312......
21st August 2006 12:42 PM
Nellcote Bon Jovi was part of a Larry King one hour Love Fest Sat night. Highlights...

1. Credits the Stones for his inspiration
2. Is the manager for the band, does not want to pay
commissions to anyone
3. Hand-picked Jennifer Nettles to sing the #1 Country single
4. Frank Sinatra is his idol, but never met him
5. Both parents are ex-Marines, mother was original
Playboy bunny @ NY club
6. Children not to be in spotlight unless they are
successful in their own right
7. Will act in more movies

He was at Fenway Saturday night, he is to blame for
Sox swoon...

21st August 2006 12:46 PM
Saint Sway Gillette ticket sales should improve now that Bosox season ticket holder will be getting their playoff ticket money refunded, no?
21st August 2006 12:47 PM
jb Yankees alwasy have been and always will own the Sox...very lucky to win 2 yrs ago and hopefully will be crushed....Bon Jovi is a fucking ant with high heals and big hair-yet, unlike the Stones, he sold out Gillette....tough day Nellcote.
21st August 2006 01:32 PM
Joey

Either U2 or THE WHO will win gross this year .

Pick Em'
21st August 2006 01:33 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Pick Em'

No...we still have big #'s from merchandise that will be included.
21st August 2006 01:35 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:

Pick Em'

I think it will be Journey/Def Leppard. The tour just got extended.
21st August 2006 01:37 PM
jb Stonew will gross 400 million and it will somehow be #1 tour of all time...U2 will break it next time.
21st August 2006 01:41 PM
pdog None of the shows are selling out, even AC... Tons of tix left to buy!
21st August 2006 01:42 PM
Some Guy Humiliationism.
21st August 2006 01:43 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
None of the shows are selling out, even AC... Tons of tix left to buy!

No shows have sold well to this point except Boise, Regina, and to a lesser extent, Louisville. Most venues are incredibly weak.....but the bottom line is the #'s will be made to work.
21st August 2006 01:48 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

No shows have sold well to this point except Boise, Regina, and to a lesser extent, Louisville. Most venues are incredibly weak.....but the bottom line is the #'s will be made to work.

I tried using my Legacy to get up fronts for Oakland or LA, nothing for $99 up front, only top tiers in the first 20 rows.
It's been how many years and I can't get those elusive tickets!
21st August 2006 01:54 PM
jb We have fallen on hard times and most venues will remain open....
21st August 2006 01:56 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
We have fallen on hard times and most venues will remain open....

A Thirty Three Percent Presidential Approval Rating will DO that to a band / country ( see : Richard Nixon , circa 1974 )

Joey " Jerry " Ford !

21st August 2006 02:01 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:

I tried using my Legacy to get up fronts for Oakland or LA, nothing for $99 up front, only top tiers in the first 20 rows.

Oakland tickets will be very easy to get for discounted prices outside the stadium. If Oakland sells as poorly as some of the other stadium gigs, freebies will be easy to get from BGP as they paper the house.
21st August 2006 02:06 PM
jb Oakland joins a hostof other cities that could give a flying fuck about this band/tour.
21st August 2006 02:06 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
We have fallen on hard times and most venues will remain open....

Where are my Missoula tickets?
21st August 2006 02:30 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Oakland joins a hostof other cities that could give a flying fuck about this band/tour.

Funny !

Postin'

21st August 2006 02:33 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

the $99 front row seats are merely mythical tickets....
much like the imaginary student discount tickets and the JFK single bullet theory, no?

[Edited by Saint Sway]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)