ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Twickenham Rugby Ground, London 20th August
© REUTERS/Leon Neal (BRITAIN)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: predictions for the Fall Tour Return to archive Page: 1 2
16th August 2006 11:45 AM
Saint Sway what do you foresee for the Fall Tour?

stage changes?

set changes?

do you think that based on the European shows that the Stones are on auto pilot? Or do you think they will breath some new energy and life into the sets come the Fall 7 City Mini Tour??

will Night Time continue to be played every show or will we see the return of Gimme Shelter?

do you expect pretty much the same set with maybe 1 or 2 song changes per night? Or something more ambitious and less War Horse heavy?

discuss...
16th August 2006 11:49 AM
Nellcote Best market in the world for them.
Saying that, I'm thinking only three
to four songs slots will get tinkered with.
Best bet is to send requests for songs/set list
shake ups to Chuck.
Like it or not, he is the musical director of this band of gypsies...
http://www.chuckleavell.com/
go to contact, upper right.
Let him know!
Please ask for She Was Hot 1st!
16th August 2006 11:52 AM
Saint Sway I prefer not to email Chuck. But instead like to chop down a tree and FedEx my song requests written on tree bark.

With a little reminder that for every song he doesnt get the band to play, another tree is chopped down.
16th August 2006 11:56 AM
jb I predict SOL will be a regular in the set list as it was not played here .
16th August 2006 11:59 AM
Some Guy in the year 2000- The Stones will announce Atlanta date and cancel before the show due to apathy, jb will walk back to the Ritz in the rain.- In The YEAR 2000!!!
16th August 2006 12:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
in the year 2000- The Stones will announce Atlanta date and cancel before the show due to apathy, jb will walk back to the Ritz in the rain.- In The YEAR 2000!!!

josh was humiliated by Ritz management (or was it the Four Seasons?) last year in Atlanta.
16th August 2006 12:05 PM
Dan They are mostly playing virgin markets so I predict a similiar setlist though songs like Street Fighting Man, Like A Rolling Stone and Gimme Shelter make a return as well as maybe a different ballad though its likely they will mostly rotate Beast Of Burden, Angie and Ruby Tuesday. Worried About You went over quite well at the Forum. Most people didn't recognize it at first but were still impressed, maybe they will break it out a few more times.

Stage will look the same though its possible Missoula and El Paso may have a smaller stage like what was used in South America and Australia.

I also predict Alice Cooper will blow them away in Halifax and Louisville but the only people who wont admit it are the ones who hid in the parking lot or local watering hole so they could pretend it didn't happen.
16th August 2006 12:06 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
They are mostly playing virgin markets so I predict a similiar setlist though songs like Street Fighting Man, Like A Rolling Stone and Gimme Shelter make a return as well as maybe a different ballad though its likely they will mostly rotate Beast Of Burden, Angie and Ruby Tuesday. Worried About You went over quite well at the Forum. Most people didn't recognize it at first but were still impressed, maybe they will break it out a few more times.

Stage will look the same though its possible Missoula and El Paso may have a smaller stage like what was used in South America and Australia.

I also predict Alice Cooper will blow them away in Halifax and Louisville but the only people who wont admit it are the ones who hid in the parking lot or local watering hole so they could pretend it didn't happen.

I like AC, but he will not blow the Stones away...he has always put on a fun show, and I would certainly not miss it.
16th August 2006 12:09 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I predict SOL will be a regular in the set list as it was not played here .

16th August 2006 12:09 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

josh was humiliated by Ritz management (or was it the Four Seasons?) last year in Atlanta.

And b/c of that "inconveniece", my family just stayed 3 night in a suite at no cost....We also received bottled water, wine , cheese and crakers, etc. I am always willing topay top price for top service, and fortunately hotels like the Ritz/Four Seasons are very appreciative of frequent customers, and eager to make for any percieved slight.
16th August 2006 12:11 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
I predict SOL will be a regular in the set list as it was not played here .

I foresee that it will blow up and many will rue the day.
16th August 2006 12:11 PM
Jumping Jack Don't be so sure. The Stones have Mick (big edge), but Coop has excellent guitar players, a shitload of rockers and damn few ballads. Stones have more to worry about from Coop than the Who.

(see AC/DC at SARS turned up a notch or two)
16th August 2006 12:12 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Stones have more to worry about from Coop than the Who.

16th August 2006 12:13 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Best President Ever.
16th August 2006 12:18 PM
Jumping Jack How big a donation to his lovely bride's Hodown will get me into the Beacon?

Bill has always loved a good hodown!
16th August 2006 12:24 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
How big a donation to his lovely bride's Hodown will get me into the Beacon?

Bill has always loved a good hodown!

I have made a large donation.
16th August 2006 12:28 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Best President Ever.

I still talk about him lovingly .

When his wife runs in 2008 , the country will go nuts ( because of her last name ) and there will be cheering in the streets of L.A. ( see : RFK , May , 1968 -- the people cheered because of HIM [ JFK ] ) . Word .

YES !
16th August 2006 12:29 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

When his wife runs in 2008 , the country will go nuts ( because of her last name ) and there will be cheering in the streets of L.A. ( see : RFK , May , 1968 -- the people cheered because of HIM [ JFK ] ) . Word .

YES !

Will we make it that far???
16th August 2006 12:37 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Will we make it that far???

It is going to be close -- Withdrawal is NOT something a Big Commanding Texan does ( see : LBJ , 1965 - 1968 ) --- Keep Hope Alive ;Will find out in two 1/2 months -- DEMS must take control of BOTH Houses or else ' subpoena ' power is null .

The War in Iraq ( Vietnam ) is like a great train ..... you do not simply throw it in reverse .... you have to slowly bring it to a stop .
16th August 2006 01:00 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

It is going to be close -- Withdrawal is NOT something a Big Commanding Texan does ( see : LBJ , 1965 - 1968 ) --- Keep Hope Alive ;Will find out in two 1/2 months -- DEMS must take control of BOTH Houses or else ' subpoena ' power is null .

The War in Iraq ( Vietnam ) is like a great train ..... you do not simply throw it in reverse .... you have to slowly bring it to a stop .

Muey Gracious Jose!
16th August 2006 02:32 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Muey Gracious Jose!

Bless You Some Guy !!!!!!

May the power of Bill Clinton be with you forever
16th August 2006 02:35 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

YES !

Does this mean assassination looms? What exactly are you hinting at?
16th August 2006 03:14 PM
jb Very few sell outs
16th August 2006 03:21 PM
pdog Nothing changes...
16th August 2006 03:25 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
Nothing changes...

A good prediction.
16th August 2006 03:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

A good prediction.

Joey has been experiencing bruising "down there" I am told!
16th August 2006 03:37 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
Nothing changes...

Chicago Summitt not sold out.
16th August 2006 03:40 PM
Jumping Jack I predict JB will spend $50k + on this fall tour.
16th August 2006 03:41 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I predict JB will spend $50k + on this fall tour.

Does that include the Clinton donation?
16th August 2006 03:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Chicago Summitt not sold out.

My attendance is not possible due to prior commitments.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)