ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anyone know how much The Stones back-up live musicians make?........From Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 1st, 2004 04:23 PM
IanBillen
Have you noticed Daryl got alot bigger last tour and of lately. I know it really isn't a big deal at all since of-coarse he isn't a Stone by any means but I wondered why
nobody ever noted that during Licks. He fit's the mood
pretty good for them whether he is heavy or not. Good Bass player as well. I would suspect he is paid well. How much would you say Daryl is paid to tour with The band. I think the Stones themselves get 200-250 ,000 a night. I am suspecting daryl gets about what 25,000 ? Maybe I don't know 2 million a tour? Anybody have any idea. I always wondered this. We usually realise or know how much the Stones are making per show or atleast around the general area per tour but I wonder how much Daryl, Chuck Levell, Lisa, Bernard, Blondie make per tour or per show? Anyone know
Ian
August 1st, 2004 06:03 PM
kahoosier It is more than most of us make, but less than $25,000 per night. In fact this has been discussed twice before, but my memory is a bit cloudy. I think it is in the range of $5000-$8000 per night for the guest musicians and the two that were discussed specifically were Bobby Keys and Tinm Reis. Tim wqas supposedly (mis?)quoted or something like that, and Bobby's figures came from an attempt to collect on sick pay or some such rumour.

The BIG BUCKS are all reserved for the 4 BIG BOYS. But still, 5k per night is a heady figure to have to try and imagine.
August 1st, 2004 07:44 PM
Soldatti I think that you suposition is right.
Chuck, Darryl and Bobby are ahead from the others, I believe.
August 1st, 2004 08:36 PM
corgi37 The money would be great, no doubt, but its the fringe benefits. Travelling the world, getting laid by hundreds of sluts, playing on stage with THE band of history. Man, i'd do it for free!!

I would hope Bobby gets more than Blondie, Lisa, Bernard. He's gotta have a bit of long service leave owing too. My greatest dread is that Chuck fella has ingratiated his talons into the band so deep, that he probably makes as much dosh as the top 4. Not only as muso, but arranger, musical director, song selector and piano kicker.

P.S. Not only dont ya hate it when he kicks the keyboard during HTW, but dont you really, really hate is girly faggot shuffle he does when he's being introduced. Check it out. Go on, check it out. Keef does his chest banging thing, Darryl has his hands on his thighs and bows, and Chuck skips out like the fag from "Are you being served".
August 2nd, 2004 02:40 AM
Poplar Are You Being Served .... !!!
good one!
August 2nd, 2004 03:24 AM
F505 Mister Humphries are you free?
August 2nd, 2004 05:16 AM
IanBillen
quote:
kahoosier wrote:
It is more than most of us make, but less than $25,000 per night. In fact this has been discussed twice before, but my memory is a bit cloudy. I think it is in the range of $5000-$8000 per night for the guest musicians and the two that were discussed specifically were Bobby Keys and Tinm Reis. Tim wqas supposedly (mis?)quoted or something like that, and Bobby's figures came from an attempt to collect on sick pay or some such rumour.

The BIG BUCKS are all reserved for the 4 BIG BOYS. But still, 5k per night is a heady figure to have to try and imagine.

I see I see. Hmmm. Wow. I mean, Hell I or anyone in their
right mind would do it just for being involved like that and the fringe benefits but I am surprised at that amount. I figured atleast 15-20,000 each for Daryl and Chuck. I figured Benard, Lisa, and Blondie got like 10,000 a night.
Thanks so much for the info.
Ian
August 2nd, 2004 11:26 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
kahoosier wrote:

Hey wtf? Still not bad for a part time job.

August 2nd, 2004 02:09 PM
oska is that pounds or dollars ?
August 2nd, 2004 02:21 PM
jb My understanding is as follows:
1)Chuck-1 million per tour
2)Bobby Keyes-850k
3)Daryl-800k
4)Bernard/Lisa-678k each
5)Blondie-500k
6)Tim Ries-500k
August 2nd, 2004 03:43 PM
F505 500 k for Charlie Chaplin? Isn't that overpayed?
August 2nd, 2004 03:45 PM
F505 By the way they should save a lot of money when they leave all these boys and girls at home (except for Darryl)
August 2nd, 2004 03:45 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
500 k for Charlie Chaplin? Isn't that overpayed?

No, considering he is playing behind the curtain many of Keith's parts...
August 2nd, 2004 03:48 PM
F505 Behind? You mean in front of the curtain
August 2nd, 2004 03:50 PM
F505 That Chaplin type doesn't look too healthy IMO. You know what kind of disease he has?
August 2nd, 2004 03:51 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
That Chaplin type doesn't look too healthy IMO. You know what kind of disease he has?

I honestly though he was a 'she" when I first saw him...very disturbing...
August 2nd, 2004 03:53 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
My understanding is as follows:
2)Bobby Keyes-850k
3)Daryl-800k
4)Bernard/Lisa-678k each
5)Blondie-500k
6)Tim Ries-500k

Thanks Josh !

August 2nd, 2004 03:54 PM
F505 I know but he has played with The Beach Boys
August 2nd, 2004 04:13 PM
erikjjf Bobby gets $5k per show. That's what, $585k for 117 shows?
I think it's a pretty standard deal for all additional musicians, including Kent Smith and Michael Davis that weren't listed here (for whatever reason).
Regarding Blondie, on the Licks tour he did play ACOUSTIC guitar on many songs ON stage. He also played electric on Before They Make Me Run ON stage. What goes on behind the amps is that Lisa, Bernard and Blondie sing backing vocals during the first four songs before they appear on stage.
August 2nd, 2004 06:23 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:
My understanding is as follows:
2)Bobby Keyes-850k
3)Daryl-800k
4)Bernard/Lisa-678k each
5)Blondie-500k
6)Tim Ries-500k

I think that Daryl is on 1 million too.
August 2nd, 2004 06:36 PM
Bob Tamp I bet all the musicians make $5,000.00 per show, and Daryl probably $10,000.00 But who cares. All living expenses are probably paid( five star hotel every night) and all the buffet food DARYL can eat.
August 2nd, 2004 06:47 PM
beer Chuck Leavell loves trees. He is friends with all forest dwelling creatures. Even the meanest bastard in the whole forest: the dreaded badger.
And he has one hell of a beard, that perfectly frames his chipmunk teeth. I think he is part chipmunk. Some say he even gathers nuts for the winter.
August 2nd, 2004 08:21 PM
souldoggie With all due respect, the back-up band members do not make anywhere near 1 million dollars. Nowhere near. And the terms are cut long before the tour starts. Having said that, seniority does play a roll and their daily per deim isn't too shabby. So what they make on the road can easily end up at their home. And it doesn't hurt to have an aggresive agent in your corner during negotiations. Even with the Stones.
August 2nd, 2004 08:25 PM
stonedinaustralia and of course blondie supplements his income by cadging free drinks from the fans who hang around the bar/lounge of whatever hotel the band is staying at
August 2nd, 2004 08:49 PM
corgi37 Well, whatever Blondie gets, it obviously doesnt include free dental. His teeth are shocking!
August 2nd, 2004 09:03 PM
LadyJane Blondie SCARES me..If I ran into him, I'd probably run!!

LJ.

PS...Doesn't rumor have it that Blondie is Keef's "runner" if ya know what I mean.???
August 2nd, 2004 09:53 PM
Soldatti
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Blondie SCARES me..If I ran into him, I'd probably run!!

August 3rd, 2004 03:32 AM
IanBillen
quote:
beer wrote:
Chuck Leavell loves trees. He is friends with all forest dwelling creatures. Even the meanest bastard in the whole forest: the dreaded badger.
And he has one hell of a beard, that perfectly frames his chipmunk teeth. I think he is part chipmunk. Some say he even gathers nuts for the winter.

Thats fuckin halarious. And you know you're right. he does have chipmunk teeth.
August 3rd, 2004 03:38 AM
L&A
quote:
beer wrote:
Chuck Leavell loves trees. He is friends with all forest dwelling creatures. Even the meanest bastard in the whole forest: the dreaded badger.

Thanks, Beer, I had a good laugh to start my day
August 3rd, 2004 09:41 AM
Joey

Has anyone here seen me Dope ?!?!
Page: 1 2