ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

100 Club, London 31st May 1982
© Dave Hogan with Very special Thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beacon Theatre Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
9th August 2006 09:51 AM
keefkid Fans lose again...

Today's NY Post Page Six:

August 9, 2006 -- BILL Clinton is turning 60 on Aug. 17, but the celebrations will continue for months, culminating with a private Rolling Stones concert at the Beacon Theatre on Oct. 29.
The series of events for the 42nd president in both Toronto and New York is being billed as "42 at 60" and will raise money for his William Jefferson Clinton Foundation.

Sources say a golf outing in Westchester is planned for the October weekend, as well as a gala dinner at the American Museum of Natural History. The high point is the Stones gig at the Beacon, being organized by movie producer Steve Bing and filmed by Oscar-winning director Martin Scorsese.

Political observers point out that the New York festivities are well-timed to coincide with the 59th birthday of Bill's wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, which is Oct. 26 - just a week before Election Day.

"It's timed so that the Clintons will be all over the news just before voters go to the polls, and every extra point she gets in victory will help her in her race for president in 2008," said one Democrat.

Clinton fans who can't wait until October are booking flights to Canada, where the Clinton birthday bashes coincide with the Toronto Film Festival, when the city will be stocked with celebrities including Brad Pitt.

The main Toronto event is a Sept. 9 gala at the Fairmont Royal York spearheaded by Vancouver money man Frank Giustra. "This is the high-Celsius ticket," National Post columnist Shinan Govani told Page Six. "Billy Crystal doing the jokes, Sarah McLachlan providing the tears, Chelsea Clinton planting the tribute." Tim McGraw and Lenny Kravitz will also perform.

Govani finds it ironic that with all the movie people in town for the film fest, "Clinton stands to steal everybody's thunder."

Clinton's spokesman, Jay Carson, told us: "President Clinton has dedicated his life to public service and his 60th birthday celebration will be no different. All of the funds from these events will go to support his foundation and its work around the world." The three main Clinton causes are providing AIDS drugs in Africa, fighting global warming and combatting childhood obesity.
9th August 2006 09:56 AM
Jumping Jack Now that is HUMILIATING!!!
9th August 2006 09:57 AM
Sir Stonesalot LOL!!!

I bet they play "Sweet NeoCon" for the first time at that gig!!!

Oh man...watching all you Republicans twist and squirm over this stuff is beautiful!!!

So are ya all gonna become Beatles fans now???

Bwwwaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
9th August 2006 09:57 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
keefkid wrote:
Fans lose again...

Today's NY Post Page Six:

August 9, 2006 -- BILL Clinton is turning 60 on Aug. 17, but the celebrations will continue for months, culminating with a private Rolling Stones concert at the Beacon Theatre on Oct. 29.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.................
The horror...the horror...

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
9th August 2006 09:58 AM
gimmekeef The fourth cause apparently...is self adulation.....
9th August 2006 09:59 AM
gimmekeef Will the Beacon hold all his trollops?..If Scorcese films this then we have our ABB DVD I suppose(?).....
9th August 2006 10:09 AM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, Marty does wonderful music films. This should be a good one.

Oh you KNOW they are gonna do "Sweet NeoCon"....and I hope it makes the DVD. And that you can't skip it. And it is the song that plays on the menu page.

Man I love the Stones.....

I bet John Gibson over at FoxNews is all lathered up....
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
9th August 2006 10:13 AM
keefkid i dont think this is so much a political thing as a charity thing which is fine, but it just suxs fans will be pretty much shut out again, i think this is a private party... even more so than RC
9th August 2006 10:19 AM
Sir Stonesalot Fans are not shut out. I'm sure if you make a large enough donation, you'll get an invite.

And, like Keefkid says...it is for charity. So you can write it off come tax time!!
9th August 2006 10:31 AM
LadyJane Well, I won't be able to afford this one.

Fuck!!!!!!!!

LJ.
9th August 2006 10:36 AM
sirmoonie Oh Jesus fucking Christ, sorry guys. Its Sweet Neo-Con all over again. Hang in there, the biff-heads on Fox will come up with something. Go Gibson, go! Its nation time!
9th August 2006 10:36 AM
Jumping Jack More money for the Who!!!
9th August 2006 10:51 AM
UGot2Rollme kind of a waste of Scorsese's talent IMO - filming the Stones in front of a crowd of fat cats, political poseurs and rich wannabees. Thank you, but if I want to see a hot club show, I think I'll stick to the Paris Zenith 4 flix then watch that spectacle (barf).
9th August 2006 10:58 AM
sirmoonie JB, what do your sources say about howe much the Stones are getting for this Clinton show? Is there anyway they are doing this for free?

I'd ask my sources, but they are all drunk and fucked up and stuff.
9th August 2006 11:00 AM
throbby If it's being filmed don't forget the hot models up front.

I'm with SS on this. It is a charity event. Tickets must be sold to raise money. Since celebrities don't seem to pay for tickets that leaves us, the general public. I'm sure a small donation to Bill's foundation will give one the oppurtunity to buy a ticket.
9th August 2006 11:05 AM
Lethargy
quote:
keefkid wrote:

Clinton's spokesman, Jay Carson, told us: "President Clinton has dedicated his life to public service and his 60th birthday celebration will be no different. All of the funds from these events will go to support his foundation and its work around the world." The three main Clinton causes are providing AIDS drugs in Africa, fighting global warming and combatting childhood obesity.

I love when people say of a politician "they devoted their life to public service"...There's nothing "service" about it. Clinton in particular is, and always has been, about serving himself, and couldn't give two craps about devoting himself to anything, much less the "public".
9th August 2006 11:25 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

I love when people say of a politician "they devoted their life to public service"...There's nothing "service" about it. Clinton in particular is, and always has been, about serving himself, and couldn't give two craps about devoting himself to anything, much less the "public".

thats a typo... I believe it was supposed to say "pubic"

now please put your political hangups aside and fork over a donation and rock out with me at the Beacon
9th August 2006 11:29 AM
jb I am very happy to hear about this...I imagine the tickets could be similar to the RCMH , or even higher. I am prepared to pay 5k a piece for this great cause and an opportunity to see them in another intimate setting. I think it is somewhat unfair that the one club show will be priced out of reach for many, but based on the 10 million they raised for RCMH, they are probably confident that a similar amount can be raised. I hope they do make some seats available in the $500 range so some of the real fans can also attend.
[Edited by jb]
9th August 2006 12:29 PM
GimmeExile Scorsese & Stones...I've been anticipating this combo for years!
9th August 2006 12:39 PM
lotsajizz EXCELLENT news!
9th August 2006 12:39 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Scorsese & Stones...I've been anticipating this combo for years!

Lets hope its not their..'Last Waltz'......
9th August 2006 12:52 PM
pdog Will Bill play sax w/ the band?
9th August 2006 12:54 PM
throbby How else is he gonna get in on the groupie action
9th August 2006 12:58 PM
Poplar The setlist:

JJF
IORR
ONNYA
etc...
9th August 2006 12:59 PM
mac_daddy
bill doing sax duties on brown sugar would be horrendous...

but bill will be pawing the ladies, for sure...

it is funny, i just watched the last waltz again last night...

plus, isnt there gonna be a second beacon gig on halloween..?
9th August 2006 01:03 PM
Poplar
lucky for you $ won't allow her to drop Israel like a bad habit.
9th August 2006 01:03 PM
jb
quote:
Poplar wrote:
The setlist:

JJF
IORR
ONNYA
etc...

any different than any other venue???
9th August 2006 01:05 PM
Jumping Jack I to think that while JB is paying $5000 I will be able to see Toby Keith (a true patriotic American) in the Gwinnett Arena for $50! The 18 year old redneck women in their babydolls will be much easier on the eyes as well than those Democratic dowagers!
9th August 2006 01:14 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I to think that while JB is paying $5000 I will be able to see Toby Keith (a true patriotic American) in the Gwinnett Arena for $50! The 18 year old redneck women in their babydolls will be much easier on the eyes as well than those Democratic dowagers!

RCMH was a great show....I think this will also be a great show. I am only saddened by the fact that the initial promises of club shows for the fans are apparently not happening...but this tour has had many issues imo...enjoy Toby and Talledega!!!
9th August 2006 01:21 PM
Maxlugar Mick will come out with a black beret on during Factory Girl...

"Waiting for a girl and she's got stains all down her dress"

Yes. My sources tell me this is a done deal.

DONE DEAL.

Maxy!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)