ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Phoenix live stream? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
August 10th, 2005 04:03 PM
ListenToTheLion I picked this up on the Tell Me pages of IORR. I find it hard to believe. Your messenger is The Cock (what's in a name)...

Phoenix show on internet radio tonight

Posted by: G. the Cock (IP Logged)
Date: August 10, 2005 22:49

I've heard that q107 will send a live stream of the show!

Anybody got some more info?

www.q107.com

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock
August 10th, 2005 04:05 PM
ListenToTheLion Just saw it is already in another thread! Sorry!
August 10th, 2005 06:31 PM
Back Street Girl Can anybody tape this ?
August 10th, 2005 06:36 PM
Angiegirl I still doubt the Stones would give any station permission just like that to broadcast anything, let alone more than 2 or 3 songs... After all, this is a try-out.
August 10th, 2005 06:37 PM
Moonisup at least I heard a bit of radar love hahaha
August 10th, 2005 06:38 PM
Angiegirl OMG, some guys have all the luck!
August 10th, 2005 06:52 PM
72Tele My guess is they will go live to some radio jerk off in the club. Maybe hear 30 seconds of the first song. Then it will be some live songs we have heard a zillion times. No way would they broadcast this.
August 10th, 2005 06:53 PM
72Tele My guess is they will go live to some radio jerk off in the club. Maybe hear 30 seconds of the first song. Then it will be some live songs we have heard a zillion times. No way would they broadcast this.
August 10th, 2005 07:13 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
72Tele wrote:
My guess is they will go live to some radio jerk off in the club. Maybe hear 30 seconds of the first song. Then it will be some live songs we have heard a zillion times. No way would they broadcast this.

Exactly.
August 10th, 2005 07:20 PM
LadyJane Their van is across the street from the Phoenix.

I'm glued to the radio...why...WHY...WHY did I not forgo my job YESTERDAY...when Mattman called me to tell me he was on his way from Buffalo to Toronto???!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going out of my mind.

LJ.
August 10th, 2005 08:03 PM
Gazza It'll probably be a few snippets or a song or two at the most, stretched out over an hour or two with inane DJ crap and old, officially released live songs to fill up a programme

The whole point of this show is to dust off a few cobwebs and try out a couple of new songs as the band hasnt played live in two years - they'll be rough n ready and nervous as hell.

The Stones play it safe (and at this stage of the rehearsal process I cant blame them) - no way are they going to stream a full show when theyre still in rehearsal

They'll maybe stream a little bit and they'll have TV cameras there as usual with these gigs for news coverage as the publicity wont do any harm - but show how rough they are to the world for 70-80 minutes? Forget it...
August 10th, 2005 08:09 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
It'll probably be a few snippets or a song or two at the most, stretched out over an hour or two with inane DJ crap and old, officially released live songs to fill up a programme

The whole point of this show is to dust off a few cobwebs and try out a couple of new songs as the band hasnt played live in two years - they'll be rough n ready and nervous as hell.

The Stones play it safe (and at this stage of the rehearsal process I cant blame them) - no way are they going to stream a full show when theyre still in rehearsal

They'll maybe stream a little bit and they'll have TV cameras there as usual with these gigs for news coverage as the publicity wont do any harm - but show how rough they are to the world for 70-80 minutes? Forget it...

Again, exactly.
August 10th, 2005 08:21 PM
ListenToTheLion What's the use of all these speculations? Just relax , wait and see (or rather: hear)
August 10th, 2005 08:32 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
What's the use of all these speculations? Just relax , wait and see (or rather: hear)

Well, because it's 2:30 AM over here already, so we're trying to decide if it's worth it to stay up till 5 AM or not... at least, that's my reason. Easy to say 'relax' when it's 5:30-8:30 PM. Are you in the US or Canada? Anyway... there you go.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
August 10th, 2005 08:36 PM
nankerphelge You easily have another hour before the Stones play.
Wake up in 3 hours -- you'll have the scoop!
August 10th, 2005 08:37 PM
ListenToTheLion I am just relaxing in Holland.
August 10th, 2005 08:41 PM
Some Guy
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
I am just relaxing in Holland.

How's the weather?
August 10th, 2005 08:42 PM
Monkey Woman LOL! Anyway, I'm here across the pond, a few hours away, and I can't sleep, so I'm in front of my computer...
August 10th, 2005 08:50 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

How's the weather?

Don't know. It's pitch-dark.
August 10th, 2005 08:53 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
I am just relaxing in Holland.

Lol, so aren't YOU sleepy then?

The weather is crappy, has been for over 3 weeks now. Summer's gone it seems.
August 10th, 2005 08:58 PM
Daethgod im in Australia tuning into Q107

the jock mentions 'Live Stones from Toronto' at 9.30, but not actually, 'we are taking the Phoenix show live'.

Dya reckon they will play the gig, or an old show ??

August 10th, 2005 09:08 PM
Lazy Bones They've (Q107) been broadcasting from outside the Phoenix all afternoon...
August 10th, 2005 09:18 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
im in Australia tuning into Q107

the jock mentions 'Live Stones from Toronto' at 9.30, but not actually, 'we are taking the Phoenix show live'.

Dya reckon they will play the gig, or an old show ??

You got keen ears, Daethgod! And probably a good surmise...
August 10th, 2005 09:28 PM
beer Its happening!
August 10th, 2005 09:28 PM
Lazy Bones they're saying "live" and I hear cheering....
August 10th, 2005 09:29 PM
Lazy Bones opening with IORR!
Monkey Woman So do I! IORR!
ListenToTheLion Enjoy!!!!
Monkey Woman You beat me to it! Sounds good...
August 10th, 2005 09:32 PM
Angiegirl Hmm, yeah. I thought we said we didn't want IORR anymore? Do they ever listen?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)